Tosin Adarabioyo: set to sign at expiry of Fulham contract (Various)

Jack27

1 minute ago, Gawalls said:

So just the RM, striker, CM and keeper then - where is this money coming from? As far as I understand it is we’re almost up to the ffp limit.

I said that the keeper is probably too early for this window so Im not sure why you mention it. 

I’m not demanding three, striker, RW and CM. But I’m hopeful we can do it. We don’t know even know what our limit will be or who we sell to enhance our budget. We don’t necessarily need to buy expensive for all three either to improve, do we? I do think we can get those three and improve the 1st team and squad depth. 

Just now, The Prophet said:

We start a new FFP year on 1st July.

Same rolling Three year rules though just the new 85% profit thing eventually coming down - it’s not a hard reset.

1 minute ago, Ikon said:

I said that the keeper is probably too early for this window so Im not sure why you mention it. 

I’m not demanding three, striker, RW and CM. But I’m hopeful we can do it. We don’t know even know what our limit will be or who we sell to enhance our budget. We don’t necessarily need to buy expensive for all three either to improve, do we? I do think we can get those three and improve the 1st team and squad depth. 

My working out is after the take over we went big in the initial January- spending around £150m so we have another window at least to get through. Even then the money may be released at the end of next season rather than straight away in Jan. I know nothing about the rules so am only factoring in the rolling three years.

2 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Same rolling Three year rules though just the new 85% profit thing eventually coming down - it’s not a hard reset.

It's not but with the owner's first transfer window dropping off it should give us a reasonable budget, boosted by additional sponsors and any player sales.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

It's not but with the owner's first transfer window dropping off it should give us a reasonable budget, boosted by additional sponsors and any player sales.

I think you’re right - I was thinking next Jan but I think I’m a year out.

Edit - it was Jan 22 we spent big so I don’t think it will drop off this summer.

Edited by Gawalls

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

My working out is after the take over we went big in the initial January- spending around £150m so we have another window at least to get through. Even then the money may be released at the end of next season rather than straight away in Jan. I know nothing about the rules so am only factoring in the rolling three years.

We won’t be going crazy in any way, that’s for sure. However, I imagine that our budget won’t be quite as tight as some seem to think. Or how we/the media has been playing it out. I think we will spend around a 100m. More if we sell one of our assets, which I don’t think we will. 

Edited by Ikon

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Ikon said:

We won’t be going crazy in any way, that’s for sure. However, I imagine that our budget won’t be quite as tight as some seem to think. Or how we/the media has been playing it out. I think we will spend around a 100m. 

We had to sell to buy last year and wrote an IOU for Lewis hall. I imagine it’ll be pretty tight. This summer for me needs to be getting shot of some unwanted players and cutting the wage bell. I’d be looking to sell migggy, target (if we can) and if a good price comes along Longstaff 

Edited by Gawalls

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

We had to sell to buy last year and wrote an IOU for Lewis hall. I imagine it’ll be pretty tight.

So how much do you reckon? 60-70? I think selling someone like Almiron alone would mean that we can spend 100m in total. I’m also absolutely certain that they will spend every penny possible. Isak and Bruno won’t be looking to stay unless we move forward properly, or something towards that. And they will know this. 

Edited by Ikon

6 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

I think you’re right - I was thinking next Jan but I think I’m a year out.

Edit - it was Jan 22 we spent big so I don’t think it will drop off this summer.

The Jan 22 window doesn’t count this summer

1 minute ago, Ikon said:

So how much do you reckon? 60-70? I think selling someone like Almiron alone would mean that we can spend 100m in total. 

Just wrote about selling miggy at the same time lol. I think 60 - 70 with also paying for Lewis hall seems good. 100% speculation from me though as I haven’t a clue.

Honestly if we cut wage bill and hold on to Bruno and isak then that’s a win for me.

1 minute ago, TheBrownBottle said:

The Jan 22 window doesn’t count this summer

Why? Surely that’s in play until Jan 25 or is it released as it was part of 21 season?

Why? Surely that’s in play until Jan 25 or is it released as it was part of 21 season?

Year 1 22/23

Year 2 23/24

Year 3 24/25

All 1 July to 30 June periods.

The football financial year runs 1st July - 30th June.  Jan 22 is part of the 21/22 season accounts - from July it is the 22/23, 23/24 and 24/25 accounts which count.  Then from 25/26 it’s the new PSR rules

Just an example that I would love. I know it’s not quite as easy as just signing these players but anyways. 

RW: Nico Williams 40m. Can play both sides. This one might be out of our reach though when you consider how many clubs will want him. Not impossible though and if not him then there might be other very good options out there around 40m.

Midfield: Ezequiel Fernández 15m. If we are looking for a more defensive minded midfielder to play from deep. Or if we are looking for an attacking one we could go for Desiré Doué for say 30-35m and/or some add ons. A very technical and versatile option that also is creative and athletic. One of these two can grow into the team during the season while also offer us different options tactically. Both of these have a very high ceiling potentially while also offer us something now.

Striker? Someone young, or someone on loan perhaps. Also depending on what the plan is for Wilson and what our limit is spending wise. 

3 minutes ago, OCK said:

So, for an idiot like me, are we mega rich again or not?

We signed £115m worth of players (Willock, Wood, Burn, Bruno annd Tripps) and recouped nowt in that period bar a few hundred grand for Bobby Clark. Even splitting them over multi year contracts that should give us some room if we sell a couple of heavily amortised players.

The big difference will be the revenue - £180m vs 24/25 likely to be north of £300m if we get Europe and kind home games in the cups.

2 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

We signed £115m worth of players (Willock, Wood, Burn, Bruno annd Tripps) and recouped nowt in that period bar a few hundred grand for Bobby Clark. Even splitting them over multi year contracts that should give us some room if we sell a couple of heavily amortised players.

The big difference will be the revenue - £180m vs 24/25 likely to be north of £300m if we get Europe and kind home games in the cups.

We ran a £70m loss on £250m income last year and we’ve added significantly more in wages and fees this season.

Of course, some of those losses are deductible for FFP purposes, but increases in revenue don’t necessarily mean that there’s suddenly loads of money to spend.

21/22 dropping off will offer wiggle-room again though. 

4 minutes ago, OCK said:

So... is that yes or no?

It’s neither yes nor no.  The constraints remain, though the worst of it has dropped off the books.  The club will know what the FFP loss is for this season - revenue will be up by c.£50-60m, but also wages will have increased significantly plus the amortised Barnes, Tonali, Livramento and Hall fees will have been added to the £90m in transfer amortisation (though ASM’s sales will cover a chunk of that).  

2 hours ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

There's an argument for signing players with a habit of winning, but we've got a big enough group now who win games more often than they lose, so anyone brought in from a struggling club can be turned around.

How many players with a habit of winning can we afford? Are we going to sign players from Real Madrid or City?

2 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

It’s neither yes nor no.  The constraints remain, though the worst of it has dropped off the books.  The club will know what the FFP loss is for this season - revenue will be up by c.£50-60m, but also wages will have increased significantly plus the amortised Barnes, Tonali, Livramento and Hall fees will have been added to the £90m in transfer amortisation (though ASM’s sales will cover a chunk of that).  

Purgatory, just like that last episode of LOST after several seasons of telling us that they're not in purgatory or dead. 

Just now, OCK said:

Purgatory, just like that last episode of LOST after several seasons of telling us that they're not in purgatory or dead. 

At least LOST came to an end …

We should be able to have a summer window a bit like last year’s.  And if we actually manage to sell some players, we could spend a lot of money