Polygon end interest in NUFC

johnnypd

I agree with this idea. The difference between Hall and Shepherd is that Hall is an astute businessman whereas Shepherd is a used Car Saleman type businessman. A man with no clue but a few pennies. I also agree with the view that Hall isn't offering anything exceptional and others could do a better job.

The only thing that does worry me though is that maybe Newcastle isn't as attractive as I first thought to a potential investor. Man Utd is the biggest sports asset in the world thereabouts, West Ham didn't have too muych outstanding debts, but even Villa, who weren't in a good finaincial situation with Deadly Doug being tight have been bought. I would have thought we stood in a better position than Villa but my view is that Freddy and his off hand stubburnness to stay in control will put off investors. Deadly Doug hung around for 15 years or so from when problems started and Freddy is much younger.

I don't see a short term solution to this.

In fairness to the old git, this isn't actually true. Slipped into debt last season to the tune of 12m, which is not really a whole heap of debt to be in.

On the wider point of finding a RA style buyer (which, let's face it, isn't going to happen, he's a one-off) then FS could be proactive in finding a buyer and appoint someone to help. Ellis appointed Rothschilds, who did all the initial talking to interested parties, checked the status of bidders etc, and whittled them down to the 5 bids that got through to Ellis.

If FS really was interested in selling to a decent buyer, this would seem like the thing to do.

I agree with this idea. The difference between Hall and Shepherd is that Hall is an astute businessman whereas Shepherd is a used Car Saleman type businessman. A man with no clue but a few pennies. I also agree with the view that Hall isn't offering anything exceptional and others could do a better job.

The only thing that does worry me though is that maybe Newcastle isn't as attractive as I first thought to a potential investor. Man Utd is the biggest sports asset in the world thereabouts, West Ham didn't have too muych outstanding debts, but even Villa, who weren't in a good finaincial situation with Deadly Doug being tight have been bought. I would have thought we stood in a better position than Villa but my view is that Freddy and his off hand stubburnness to stay in control will put off investors. Deadly Doug hung around for 15 years or so from when problems started and Freddy is much younger.

I don't see a short term solution to this.

In fairness to the old git, this isn't actually true. Slipped into debt last season to the tune of 12m, which is not really a whole heap of debt to be in.

On the wider point of finding a RA style buyer (which, let's face it, isn't going to happen, he's a one-off) then FS could be proactive in finding a buyer and appoint someone to help. Ellis appointed Rothschilds, who did all the initial talking to interested parties, checked the status of bidders etc, and whittled them down to the 5 bids that got through to Ellis.

If FS really was interested in selling to a decent buyer, this would seem like the thing to do.

But THEY aren't geordies - they'd want paying for a start