Which Club Would You Buy?

Guest nufc_geordie

lol well what club would you buy

If I had some serious cash, I'd buy Cardiff.  Good stadium, decent enough support (that would grow with a winning team) and

a nice foundation to start with.  Leeds would be fun to resurrect as well. 

a still reckon MK DONS you watch when i win the euro millions 15million bid lol

I'm not arguing that, mate.  I just thought it was funny that we have a player who's transfer cost

more than buying a club like DONS.  Good luck to you and if you pull it off, can I have a job?

Guest Alan Shearer 9

none of us would buy anyone because we're all fucking poor. Just a little reality check there for the flock.

http://www.photo.net/photo/pcd3815/wicklow-mountains-sheep-58.3.jpg

Guest Geordie_mafia

I'm not arguing that, mate. I just thought it was funny that we have a player who's transfer cost

more than buying a club like DONS. Good luck to you and if you pull it off, can I have a job?

you can be cleaner if you want

I'm not arguing that, mate. I just thought it was funny that we have a player who's transfer cost

more than buying a club like DONS. Good luck to you and if you pull it off, can I have a job?

you can be cleaner if you want

Throw in a season ticket and you sir, have yourself a deal.  :lol:

Cardiff would have to be the team to buy:

The largest city in wales.

The whole population of wales are possible fans given that there are no other welsh teams capable of reaching the premier league.

Relatively cheap to buy.

P.S. Forest would be my second team, dirt cheap with good history and relatively large catchment area.

Championship clubs.

To think that Leichester only worth 25m! And how much did Ken Bates pay for Leeds? Or the Irish duo for Sunderland?

Cardiff City, Coventry City, Derby County, Southampton, Wolverhampton should be good long term investment target. Shame that Leichester is going to Mandaric, Sunderland and Leeds have been taken over.

I wouldn't pay for Coventry City with dog farts-very small fan base.everybody here supports somebody other than Coventry and very little history either.Its Newcastle for me,proper stadium,history,fanbase ,all the boxes are ticked when looking to buy a football club

NUFC but failing that and being a closet NZ based Russian billionaire I'd buy Gateshead. Now look here Beckam for 500k pw you can life in Spain and fly in for training. Yep your mates can come, oh hell I'll buy Real Madrid and they can play for Gateshead.

If there's very little profit in football clubs - but if I was doing this for cash (as opposed to fulfilling the ambition of owning the Toon) I'd buy overseas clubs

- Australia has a sports mad population and football is catching on

- Try and run the only non-corrupt club in Latin America (massive opportunity there)

- Eastern Europe?

Anyway. On current stock market valuations Newcastle are <a href="http://mwprices.ft.com/custom/ft2-com/html-quotechartnews.asp?subtab=&FTSite=FTCOM&q=NCU&searchtype=&expanded=&countrycode=UK&s2=uk&symb=NCU&sid=122111&site=&company=NEW&selected=Newcastle+United">worth 97m GPB (Market Cap)</a>

So control (51%) should cost about 50m, but buying out the current board inflates the price. Shouldn't quadruple it though. If we are bought I think Shepherd and Hall will regret not selling sooner. I think we'll finish the season mid table, out of Europe (unless we win a cup) and surrounded by well funded competitors for next season. The eventual selling price could easily be less than 100m, because it's profits that drive value, and we don't make a lot of those.

Only Man U make what would be considered a decent return on investment in other businesses.