Milner in contract talks

Skirge

Guest Knightrider

One of our best players of the season so far.

Not hard i know, but considering what he was like before going to Villa, and then nearly being sold, its good stuff.

England beckons, i wouldn't be surprised if he gets a call up in the friendly squad.

He'll never make it at that level because of his lack of pace.  I would question whether he's international class at all tbh, but if Downing and Jenas are regulars, why not.

To whoever reckons he deserves an improved contract - bollocks, give them improved contracts when it's time to renegotiate their contracts with them.  They get paid plenty so let's not be dishing extra cash out willy nilly.

Since when has pace mattered, if you're good enough, you're good enough. He's not electric but quick enough, especially up top where it matters. I'd say he is less likely to make it due to woeful selection policy and competition, and not because he isn't like shit off a shovel. Neither is Crouch, or Lampard or half of England's players but they've done alright for themselves at that level.

I'd tie him up on a longer deal now, he's proved himself or rather he's proved that his character is spot on, I couldn't ever see Milner easing up ala Dyer and Co due to big contract extentions. Sign him up now to ward off potential bigger suitors in the near future.

It matters when you play as a winger ffs.  Are you sure about doing these coaching badges??

Have you noticed when Milner does a stepover or whatever, knocks the ball past the full back, and within 3 yards, the yard he gained with the stepover has been swallowed up again because of his lack of pace?

He's not international class tbh.  That's why he won't make it at international level.  Fuck all to do with selection policies or anything else, but his pace will always hold him back.

And Jenas et al ARE international class? I'm not saying Milner is BTW, but I don't see that or his lack of pace being a problem. I wouldn't say Downing is quick, or Cole and Milner isn't strictly a winger is he? No, I reckon his chances will be limited due to competition and typical England selection policy that sees a CM being picked to play wide or 4 CM's playng in midfield. Anyway, we can only guess as to how Milner would find international football. Look at Crouch, not international class, lacks pace and just doesn't look equipped for international football but he's being doing the business when called upon. International football is overrated thesedays, the standard of the Premiership and Champions League is far greater and much more of a challenge.

I think he's our most improved performer of the season

Not much opposition in that category though is there ?

Plenty for "biggest disappointment" though.

Including manager....

Guest Toonman37

Milner  has been  outstanding for us. In good rich  goalscoring form .  He  deserves a new contract  and the sooner  we tie  him down the better

Guest Sniffer

N'Zogbia hasn't done anything this season to make me think he's going to be as good as people make him out to be. He's talented but he needs to work a damn sight harder at his game.

i think in england squad he must keep eye on left wing position... btw lennon still better on right also gerard... milner has proven he's good at left... he can cut inside... and do his power shot! kabamm! for me he could be england "Bastian Scwansteigger(damn i could not spell his name ... :laugh: :tongue:)"... see that german guy goal vs portugal "awesome"... and i believe milner can do that much time... O0