Milner in contract talks

Skirge

Guest Ridzuan

To hell with what Skysports had to say about him leaving earlier in a swap deal plus cash.This is a good news and I really hope the deal will go through.I can see him being our No.1 midfielder on the right in the future.  :thup:

• 4 weeks later...

Has this man got a new contact or what?

Fantastic tonight, and for all the press and Baldwin cracking one off over downing performing once this season, should really start taking notice of Milner.. I hope he keeps

a) Improving

b) getting the chance to improve.

He is getting to the almost undroppable stage.. (albeit no-one else is fit enough to replace him)

Not heard anything more on his new deal, I hope to god he signs it can't see he would'nt though. He is a first team starter and well deserves his place, feel a bit sorry for him with Lennon and SWP to battle with for the England right wing spot, I am sure now that he is scroing goals that he cannot be to far away froma  call up.

When i think that in the summer we were prepared to let him go for Viduka+ 2-3m

When you look at the prices of the young english players

Walcott-12m

Carrick-14m

Bale-10m+

Young-10m

who else...

and when you think Milner is playing in the premiership for 4 years already and has made more than 100 appearances in the premiership

His price IMO is at least 10m

I hope that he will sign his contract quickly

Cant see him getting the England call anytime soon, he is certainly approaching that kind of form though.

What goes for him is that he is equally as good down the left..he just needs to work on his crossing a bit more, think Id have him over downing though.

Sunday Sun said he signed until 2011.

New deal for Milner

Jan 21 2007

By Neil Farrington, The Sunday Sun

James Milner has agreed a new contract which will keep him at Newcastle until 2011.

The winger, 21, has won an improved, extended deal just five months after coming within minutes of being sold to Aston Villa.

Milner's current contract lasts until 2009, but his advisers met United officials at St James's Park on Friday and agreed a pay rise and two-year extension.

Sunday Sun said he signed until 2011.

New deal for Milner

Jan 21 2007

By Neil Farrington, The Sunday Sun

James Milner has agreed a new contract which will keep him at Newcastle until 2011.

The winger, 21, has won an improved, extended deal just five months after coming within minutes of being sold to Aston Villa.

Milner's current contract lasts until 2009, but his advisers met United officials at St James's Park on Friday and agreed a pay rise and two-year extension.

GET IN!!

:thup: :thup: :thup:

The thing Lennon has over Milner is pace, I bet if you actually look at the figures though Milner is a lot more productive (he definitely was last season). Problem is if you arent lightening quick you don't get half the praise even if you are more effective for your team!

The thing Lennon has over Milner is pace, I bet if you actually look at the figures though Milner is a lot more productive (he definitely was last season). Problem is if you arent lightening quick you don't get half the praise even if you are more effective for your team!

In the fairness to the little Yorkshireman he has been extremely productive this season after I had all-but written him off... he still needs a shitload of work on his passing/first-touch (it was atrocious in the second-half), but his crossing/dribbling/shooting has come on leaps and bounds. He could be an exceptional winger if he keeps up this level of improvement in all areas of his game, proving that you don't need a footballing brain - or any brain - to be a success.

I should also mention that he seems to be learning how to become a threat in the air. If you've noticed (against Spurs majorly) we seem to be aiming our goal-kicks towards him and he raped Lee Young-Pyo in the air both home and away, it was a massive factor in our wins because of the sheer amount of headers he won. Even against Villa we seemed to favour Milner .vs. Bouma with Harper's kicking, at least until Sibierski arrived to lose almost every header against the impressive Wild Man (Mellberg).

I have to say that he seems to be the most obvious candidate for "most improved player" this season, even ahead of the revitalised Nicky Butt. Thing with Milner is, he's still got a lot of potential to fill, where Butt is only likely to get worse. Exciting times for Jinky James, most definitely. He's playing much like N'Zogbia did last season in that he can be quiet for a lot of games but when he does get involved it usually equates to a goal, or a dangerous set-play, or even just a decent chance. He is definitely our key threat at the moment.

It's a massive pity N'Zogbia hasn't kept fit or kept up his level of performance because if he had of done then our flanks would have been imperious this season, especially when you again consider how young they both are. I thought N'Zogbia was our key man last season - he was certainly the most exciting to watch - and Milner is taking the reigns this term.

Guest Ridzuan

So Milner has signed the new contract? Thats wonderful to hear.He a great player for us and I can see him staying with us for the rest of his career.

So Milner has signed the new contract? Thats wonderful to hear.He a great player for us and I can see him staying with us for the rest of his career.

No, no he hasn't

His current deal runs until 2009.

Milner has not been offered a new contract, as has been stated he was filming a documentary.

This was for the PFA/BBC(Football Focus) about some players not wanting Agents and using the PFA to help negotiate new contracts.

This way the player only has to pay the PFA a donation(if he wants) for helping him and no money is taken out of football.

Personally I think this should become part of the rules, and just let agents do the commercial side of being a footballer.

One of our best players of the season so far.

Not hard i know, but considering what he was like before going to Villa, and then nearly being sold, its good stuff.

England beckons, i wouldn't be surprised if he gets a call up in the friendly squad.

Guest Gemmill

Not hard i know, but considering what he was like before going to Villa, and then nearly being sold, its good stuff.

England beckons, i wouldn't be surprised if he gets a call up in the friendly squad.

He'll never make it at that level because of his lack of pace.  I would question whether he's international class at all tbh, but if Downing and Jenas are regulars, why not.

To whoever reckons he deserves an improved contract - bollocks, give them improved contracts when it's time to renegotiate their contracts with them.  They get paid plenty so let's not be dishing extra cash out willy nilly.

He'll never make it at that level because of his lack of pace.  I would question whether he's international class at all tbh, but if Downing and Jenas are regulars, why not.

To whoever reckons he deserves an improved contract - bollocks, give them improved contracts when it's time to renegotiate their contracts with them.  They get paid plenty so let's not be dishing extra cash out willy nilly.

With two years to go, is the right time to negotiate, you dont want them sitting at 18months, as that turns into 12months then your paying over the odds.

Right time imo.

I think he's got decent pace, not blistering, but now he's taken on players and succeeding, shows that he doesn't need that blistering pace to be effective. Plus like you say, if JJ can get in the team, Milner can. I have faith in McClaren to try new faces, he must be looking at Milner as his form has been great in recent weeks.

Guest Knightrider

Since when has pace mattered, if you're good enough, you're good enough. He's not electric but quick enough, especially up top where it matters. I'd say he is less likely to make it due to woeful selection policy and competition, and not because he isn't like shit off a shovel. Neither is Crouch, or Lampard or half of England's players but they've done alright for themselves at that level.

I'd tie him up on a longer deal now, he's proved himself or rather he's proved that his character is spot on, I couldn't ever see Milner easing up ala Dyer and Co due to big contract extentions. Sign him up now to ward off potential bigger suitors in the near future.

People need to remember he was quality last season aswell so if we keeps this form up until the end of this season thats 2 quality seasons straight which isnt bad for a 21 year old. He was one of Villas best players last season as im sure Brummie will acknowlegde and he is on his way to being one of our best, i still think the whole pace thing works against him when fans are rating him but how many quality seasons will it take before people recognise how good a player he is?

Zoggy has had one good season but because he is very quick people are already giving him praise as a quality player.

This will be lauged at but at this moment in time Milner has proved more that he can go on to be a very very good player for us.

Guest Gemmill

Since when has pace mattered, if you're good enough, you're good enough. He's not electric but quick enough, especially up top where it matters. I'd say he is less likely to make it due to woeful selection policy and competition, and not because he isn't like shit off a shovel. Neither is Crouch, or Lampard or half of England's players but they've done alright for themselves at that level.

I'd tie him up on a longer deal now, he's proved himself or rather he's proved that his character is spot on, I couldn't ever see Milner easing up ala Dyer and Co due to big contract extentions. Sign him up now to ward off potential bigger suitors in the near future.

It matters when you play as a winger ffs.  Are you sure about doing these coaching badges??

Have you noticed when Milner does a stepover or whatever, knocks the ball past the full back, and within 3 yards, the yard he gained with the stepover has been swallowed up again because of his lack of pace?

He's not international class tbh.  That's why he won't make it at international level.  Fuck all to do with selection policies or anything else, but his pace will always hold him back.

Guest Gemmill

Zoggy has had one good season but because he is very quick people are already giving him praise as a quality player.

This will be lauged at but at this moment in time Milner has proved more that he can go on to be a very very good player for us.

I'm not gonna laugh at it, because I think it's marginal, but I think you're talking marginal bollocks.  :buck2:  I like Milner, and I like N'Zogbia, but if you asked me to guess at who would reach the higher levels during their career, I'm going with N'Zogbia.  And yes, part of that is because of his pace.