Hargreaves to Team Manchester

Nobby

Well, Bayern remain defiant that Hargreaves is not for sale. News report from England and Germany are very contradicting to say the least.

They would be crazy to reject £17m for him.

That's what most people in Germany (including the majority of Bayernfans) say as well. But Bayern don't particularly need the money (they have more than 100m Euro in their bank accounts). The reason why they rule out any transfers is rather symbolic IMHO. They want to show that they are not European lightweights who can be messed around with by other big clubs or their own players. Their director of football (Hoeneß) only recently said that they want to show that you have to honour your contract with Bayern if you just had agreed an extension.

Fair enough, its a pride thing, but keeping a unhappy half injured player while being offered probably 75% more than whats he's worth fit and focused would be crazy in anyones eyes, even Chelsea.

I think they will sell, maybe Bayern need to soften the blow with Emre, or someone bigger coming in, then they can take victory on financial and the footballing side of things.

I do agree (I've only slightly corrected the price for you...), but I am not sure if Bayern will really sell, especially not in the winter with the big games against Real Madrid looming.

:lol:

The WC certainly does that to players.

Who have they been playing instead of him, and have they been doing a good job?

It really only effect NUFC if Bayern really want Emre, at £7-8m i hope they do, we could do with the money, and its always nice to actually make a profit on a player for once.

There has been nothing in Germany suggesting that Bayern are in fact interested in Emre that I am aware of tbh. So it looks a bit like another fabricated tabloid rumour to me.

Bayern have a couple of players who can play as defensive midfielders. They mostly used Ottl, a young player from their own academy who was doing quite well for them. But they also have Demichelis or van Bommel who can play a similar role.

Well, Bayern remain defiant that Hargreaves is not for sale. News report from England and Germany are very contradicting to say the least.

That's what most people in Germany (including the majority of Bayernfans) say as well. But Bayern don't particularly need the money (they have more than 100m Euro in their bank accounts). The reason why they rule out any transfers is rather symbolic IMHO. They want to show that they are not European lightweights who can be messed around with by other big clubs or their own players. Their director of football (Hoeneß) only recently said that they want to show that you have to honour your contract with Bayern if you just had agreed an extension.

Fair enough, its a pride thing, but keeping a unhappy half injured player while being offered probably 75% more than whats he's worth fit and focused would be crazy in anyones eyes, even Chelsea.

I think they will sell, maybe Bayern need to soften the blow with Emre, or someone bigger coming in, then they can take victory on financial and the footballing side of things.

I do agree (I've only slightly corrected the price for you...), but I am not sure if Bayern will really sell, especially not in the winter with the big games against Real Madrid looming.

It really only effect NUFC if Bayern really want Emre, at £7-8m i hope they do, we could do with the money, and its always nice to actually make a profit on a player for once.

There has been nothing in Germany suggesting that Bayern are in fact interested in Emre that I am aware of tbh. So it looks a bit like another fabricated tabloid rumour to me.

Bayern have a couple of players who can play as defensive midfielders. They mostly used Ottl, a young player from their own academy who was doing quite well for them. But they also have Demichelis or van Bommel who can play a similar role.

Shame, would of liked a big money move for Emre.

Didn't realise they had MVB, thought he was still at Barca!

Shame, would of liked a big money move for Emre.

Didn't realise they had MVB, thought he was still at Barca!

scored 3 for Bayern this season