Our defence & unfair criticism

Guest Knightrider

You lot love a good scapegoat don't you.

High horse alert!

So you are denying that our defence has looked brittle since Ramage returned to the first XI?

High horse alert!

So you are denying that our defence has looked brittle since Ramage returned to the first XI?

So am I imagining that when Titus was in the team everyone was saying he was shit and should be dropped for Ramage, because Ramage was much better?

I don't fucking think so!!!

Its rather convenient to bring up "facts" like that without any evidence. All I know is that Ramage and Bramble are both as bad as each other and NUFC will only decline, whilst we entertian players of such a poor standard.

Its rather convenient to bring up "facts" like that without any evidence. All I know is that Ramage and Bramble are both as bad as each other and NUFC will only decline, whilst we entertian players of such a poor standard.

If you want evidence simply use the search function and look at the old posts.

Seriously, you don't remember this???

You might need to see a doctor about that.

Guest Invicta_Toon

High horse alert!

so 19 back four's this season but you've spotted a pattern thast only applies to Ramage?

this smack's of 'we always lose with Parker' except when we lose 5-1

To be honest I remember the thread and commented on it yesterday. People were kneejerking and when i commented on this I was told I was talking shit. The Ramage threads have made me laugh and I am in no doubt a few solid performances time he will be great again and one for the future all over again.

To be honest I remember the thread and commented on it yesterday. People were kneejerking and when i commented on this I was told I was talking shit. The Ramage threads have made me laugh and I am in no doubt a few solid performances time he will be great again and one for the future all over again.

You knows it.

If we as a club want to crack the top six, we have to bite the bullet and realise the likes of Ramage, Bramble, Carr and Babayaro will not take us the next step. They need replacing pronto. None of the four i've mentioned will likely find themselves another top flight club. We seem to tolerate a shitty standard of players that wouldnt be entertained by even the Premiership minnows.

Bramble isn't great but he's better than Ramage.

Ramage is shite, that he may be better at CB than he was at LB doesn't mean he's any good. He's not good enough in either position.

Welcome back. :)

I think Newcastle have a nack for ruining players (and im not talkin about luque),for some reason or other a vast majority of the players that come in seem to turn out to be shit. Most of the defenders at our club were actually brought in as quality players, carr from spurs was a good right back, bramble was brought in as a good prospect after a good season, boumsong had a good rep, further back goma, marcelino, woodgate, even baba to a slight extent all had good reputations when they were purchased but ended up shit for us. I think if you look over the years we have attempted to sign quality defenders, but just simply fucked it up!

Bramble isn't great but he's better than Ramage.

Ramage is shite, that he may be better at CB than he was at LB doesn't mean he's any good. He's not good enough in either position.

Welcome back. :)

:-*

;D

If we as a club want to crack the top six, we have to bite the bullet and realise the likes of Ramage, Bramble, Carr and Babayaro will not take us the next step. They need replacing pronto. None of the four i've mentioned will likely find themselves another top flight club. We seem to tolerate a shitty standard of players that wouldnt be entertained by even the Premiership minnows.

Where do you propose to find the money to do that?

Where do you propose to find the money to do that?

:lol:

Speaking of scapegoats, I predict the next one will be Taylor. He's not as good as most people think he is and is nowhere near the finished article, he's got a lot to learn and whilst he's doing that he'll make mistakes. When he does a lot of people's overconfidence in him and the unfair expectations this places upon him will be shattered and he'll go from hero to zero pretty quickly. What are the odds on a "Taylor is shit" thread before the end of the season?

Speaking of scapegoats, I predict the next one will be Taylor. He's not as good as most people think he is and is nowhere near the finished article, he's got a lot to learn and whilst he's doing that he'll make mistakes. When he does a lot of people's overconfidence in him and the unfair expectations this places upon him will be shattered and he'll go from hero to zero pretty quickly. What are the odds on a "Taylor is shit" thread before the end of the season?

Depends on the author of the thread, im guessing we will get a "Taylor is shit" thread the next time he plays from Crumpy!