Lynch mob preparing the noose for Freddie Shepherd?

Guest Brazilianbob

Contrary to what some of you think, Roeder is not to blame for the lack of signings.

Not solely to blame, certainly.

Shepherd's idiocy in giving the job to a man who had taken another prem club to the brink of relegation in Souness has cost this club dearly.

It would have been better to persevere with SBR - and I believe SBR should have been pushed upstairs the end of the previous season.

Souness wasted untold millions. Much of it suspiciously - in the Godawful Boumsong for one (£8 MILLION ???????? 80 bottle tops and he'd have been overpriced)

But Roeder has hardly been helping. The loan arranger...... :idiot2:

Would have been more than happy with us spending £17m, if he had played more than half our games. The problem is he has hardly palyed for a year and a half.

And, the people behind the deal would know this how?

I'm just saying, those people who say they are unhappy would they be unhappy if he had played half the games and been in top form.

So which camp are you in?

I'm glad we signed Owen, just monumental bad luck has seen him not play regularly. But I don't begrudge his signing in the first place for that reason. However much I'd like to.

I think he was a good signing, just we have been unlucky. I think the price was acceptable and nobody would be moaning if he hadn't been injured.

I've said it before from 4th down the rest of the league is a much of a muchness and with Owen fit we are easilt a top 6 team.

More than any other incident, the Owen transfer was a demonstration of Freddie's complete incompetence in running a major football club.

As I recall, the chain of events was that Liverpool had bid around £8 million. Owen had declared that he would join Liverpool, but only go to us on a loan basis. We then put in a bid of £17 million to make it impossible for Madrid to accept Liverpool's offer, and to put Owen in the position where he'd either have to join us, or stay in Real's reserves for a year, prior to a World Cup. On top of that, we had to provide a huge salary of around £5 million pa before he'd agree to come.

No other major club was interested, and we clearly paid over the odds. Every transfer is a gamble, because the player can get injured or lose form. The likes of Chelsea can gamble with £17 million, but we can't. Freddie's understanding of football is limited, and he thinks in terms of buying star names rather than building a team. For sure, Souness wanted Owen, but surely not at the expense of other considerations.

Not only was Freddie's behaviour morally dodgy, it was foolish. We're still paying the price now.

Guest Sniffer

We are paying the price for the likes of marcelhino, cort, bassedas, luque, viana, boumsong.............not a world class player like Owen.

Who else would purchase an injury prone forward, who didnt want to sign for us in the first place, for a club record 17mill, when at the same time the squad needed major rebuilding, with at least 3-4 first teamers being brought in and several backup players?

Threadbare squad with injured players + 17mill injury prone forward = SUCCESS !!

Utterly bad decision making, its common sense not to blow it all on one crock when you badly need numbers. Is it any suprise that since weve made this signing, weve regularly had to look over our shoulders and see how many points we are away from relegation?

But what else can you expect from the same lot that thought the man who everyone with an ounce of footballing knoweldge knew was shit, Graeme Souness, was the one to take us to success? I mean, how ignorant, idiotic, out of touch with football, and downright stupid must you be to make that decision? Where is the planning? the foresight? the strategy?

We are paying the price for the likes of marcelhino, cort, bassedas, luque, viana, boumsong.............not a world class player like Owen.

Yeah, because hes done a huge amount in keeping our necks above water.

That's not a bad point at all actually. Everyone has a go at Souness for wasting money, but look at some of the sh*te Robson splashed out on (Cort 7m, Bassedas 3.5m, Bramble 6m, Viana 8.5m).

FF has wasted money on trophy signings and paid well over the odd for certain players.  Instead that money should've been used wisely to build a team.  It's like a someone winning the lottery and spending it all on a Rolls Royce, rather than buying a house - gotta get the basics right first before you start going to the next level.

Off  topic a little but isn't it a little ironic that Sir Bobby was building a team for the future and bought young.  Then Sourness said he wanted a team of men like in the old Liverpool days (moustaches optional) and now Roeder is back to buying young.  If onlt FF didn't appoint Souness, things would've been very different - for the better, no doubt.

Contrary to what some of you think, Roeder is not to blame for the lack of signings.  It is the remit of the club chairman to negotiate for and to sign players, not the manager, and with FS having failed yet again, to bring in any reinforcements in the transfer window, if our defense happens to fall apart again after the transfer window slams shut, I predict a lynch mob will be itching to get their hands on our fat chairman outside SJP.

Is this incitement? No just an opinion!

It's bollocks, tbh. In actual fact. it's up there with the most stupid posts I've ever read.

Guest Brazilianbob

Contrary to what some of you think, Roeder is not to blame for the lack of signings.  It is the remit of the club chairman to negotiate for and to sign players, not the manager, and with FS having failed yet again, to bring in any reinforcements in the transfer window, if our defense happens to fall apart again after the transfer window slams shut, I predict a lynch mob will be itching to get their hands on our fat chairman outside SJP.

It's bollocks, tbh. In actual fact. it's up there with the most stupid posts I've ever read.

Explain why! In small syllables please as I am obviously too stupid to understand joined up words.

Explain why! In small syllables please as I am obviously too stupid to understand joined up words.

Explain why Fred has failed.

Guest Micktoon

Yeah thats right Owen delibrately injured himself FFS. I agree the amount spent on the aforementioned is ridiculous. A fit owen will provide more than the others put together 10 mill for Luque, 8 for Viana, 8 for Boumsong, 7 for Cort. Apart from chelsea has any club in history wasted as much money as us on utter shite. The mind absolutely fucking boggles

Yeah thats right Owen delibrately injured himself FFS. I agree the amount spent on the aforementioned is ridiculous. A fit owen will provide more than the others put together 10 mill for Luque, 8 for Viana, 8 for Boumsong, 7 for Cort. Apart from chelsea has any club in history wasted as much money as us on utter shite. The mind absolutely fucking boggles

Aye, I agree.

My mind boggles that mindless fuckers blame the Board for spending this money on Owen, he's a top player signed to replace a top player, which is what you do if you have ambition. The Board has backed successive managers in this way and the managers haven't got it right, through a mixture of bad luck and incompetence in the case of shithead. I really can't see what else the Board can do other than back the manager to the limit and they've done that.

The manager is the single most important person in the football club imo and it is very, very difficult to get the right man.

Guest NSMagpie

Freddie need have no worries.

HTL and Leazes Parrot will save him from the mob.

Perhaps, but my prediction is NE5 for the Freddy saviour.

Different name, same Fat Freddy apologist.

Oh, good to know that.

Aye, I agree.

My mind boggles that mindless fuckers blame the Board for spending this money on Owen, he's a top player signed to replace a top player, which is what you do if you have ambition. The Board has backed successive managers in this way and the managers haven't got it right, through a mixture of bad luck and incompetence in the case of shithead. I really can't see what else the Board can do other than back the manager to the limit and they've done that.

The manager is the single most important person in the football club imo and it is very, very difficult to get the right man.

Overdraft limit?

Freddie need have no worries.

HTL and Leazes Parrot will save him from the mob.

Perhaps, but my prediction is NE5 for the Freddy saviour.

Different name, same Fat Freddy apologist.

Oh, good to know that.

Don't worry about the mackem, he'll disappear when we win a couple of games.

Aye, I agree.

Overdraft limit?

What's an overdraft?

Guest Brazilianbob

By appointing a bad manager in Souness, then compounding his own arrogance by throwing £50m at a bad manager.  We are reaping the rewards of that arrogance now by scrapping around for loan players because we cannot afford to compete with the "big clubs".

By appointing a bad manager in Souness, then compounding his own arrogance by throwing £50m at a bad manager.  We are reaping the rewards of that arrogance now by scrapping around for loan players because we cannot afford to compete with the "big clubs".

Employing a slightly lesser idiot to replace Soumess wasn't particularly clever, either, in fairness.

Aye, I agree.

Overdraft limit?

What's an overdraft?

An overdraft is when withdrawals from a bank account exceed the available balance. This gives the account a negative balance and means the account provider is offering credit.

What did you think of Risdale at Leeds HTL? He backed his manager with funds to sign top players, really ambitious he was.

Would have been more than happy with us spending £17m, if he had played more than half our games. The problem is he has hardly palyed for a year and a half.

And, the people behind the deal would know this how?

They could have checked his injury record, it wasn't actually hidden.  Nobody could predict the injuries he's had but most could have looked at his injury record and guessed that he'd miss quite a few games, usually because of his hamstrings going.

That's not a bad point at all actually. Everyone has a go at Souness for wasting money, but look at some of the sh*te Robson splashed out on (Cort 7m, Bassedas 3.5m, Bramble 6m, Viana 8.5m).

It's a good point when you look at nothing else, look at the fact that Sir Bobby spent less than £6million per year net to improve the team, and that includes those mentioned above, Souness spent just under £31million per year net to take us from 5th to 14th. :rolleyes:

Aye, I agree.

Which means it's really, really important that the man who appoints the manager has some kind of a clue.

Or isn't a fat arrogant lying tosser that no self-respecting manager would want to work for, given the choice, unless they're a failure looking for another chance, or maybe a lifelong supporter of the club approaching retirement.

Guest Micktoon

Aye, I agree.

Kind of agree, kind of don't, where Owen is concerned 100% with you. We paid for and got one of the most clinical finishers in the worldwide game, our fucking luck he got injured. It blows my mind how much we've given to our managers also how much they have spunked out the window on shit. Wether they are to blame or the scouting system they have in place is to blame god knows, but something somewhere goes tits up because we've paid an awful lot of big money for absolute shite.

On the subject of the board, creedence for the cash they provided for transfers, but FFS learn how to appoint a manager. It's great loosening the purse strings but some of the numbnuts they given cash too!!!! They might as well told wor lass to have a good time down the metro centre. Souness was a huge huge mistake, Freddies mistake. Someone at our club needs to do something and soon, personally I think there's a rabbit off and i wish they would just come clean. All I hear is shite from the board down to the twat at the chronicle, all must apportion some of the blame.

Bottom line is, at the moment its us the supporters who are suffering and some fucking thing needs to be done.

P:S. Ozzie mandias or whatever the fuck you are called. It appears that you only want to post if you can wind up folk you appear to have a vendetta with, it's boring and predictable. If you have something constructive to add do it. If not shut the fuck up.