Are the Hall's to blame for the transfer saga

stozo

seriously guys stop fretting over transfer we will sign someone, no doubt about it.  be too much uproar otherwise

Looking forward to it, the sacking of Fred that is.

Why do you want him sacked?

Why do you think a replacement will be better?

I look forward with interest to this information that will convince me it is guaranteed a new board is certain to choose a manager who will bring success to the club, and also the information that proves this new Board will support financially any new manager as much as the current Board has done for successive managers.

Thanks in advance

OK - Shepherd has taken us from a position of strength, one of the top 5 certainly, to begging for loan players.

His LUNATIC idea to gibve the job to Souness has cost this club horrendously dear.

Relegation still isnt out of the question.

I'd say Shepherd has been an unmitigated disaster for NUFC.

Certainly, asset strippers are not a plus, but that was said about the yank taking over at Man U. That never happened did it ?

I believe that FFS record at Newcastle is below abysmal and a change can't make it any worse.

Phil, do you really believe Fred selects and appoints managers on his own?

I've said many times the appointment of Souness was a terrible decision by the Board. I also believe the Board missed an opportunity after we finished 3rd to move Robson to another role and appoint a new manager to take the club to the next stage. The signs on the field of performances dropping off were obvious during the latter part of that season. These are two major mistakes made by the Board imo. I don't believe this is enough to say the Board is shit overall and that they should go, but the appointment of Roeder must turn out to be correct and not another error, because if they've got this wrong I'd say that should be a final error. I say that despite the gamble involved in a new Board coming in. You can't assume a new Board will throw millions at allowing a manager to build a team, they could just as easily settle for merely being in the top flight, I think it is naive to believe there can only be one outcome.

As I keep repeating, all a Board can do is back their man and hope he is the right choice. Despite what some may believe, there is no guarantee any new Board will do either of those things any better than the current one.

Maybe Fat Fred didnt appoint the managers on his own but he has the biggest influence with the board so...its almost the same thing

OK appointing Souness was big mistake

After the end of the season when all the nufc fans was hoping that Fat Fred at least try to bring the fans №1 choise here=OTTMAR HITZFELD the board didnt even bothered to do that.

They thought that Glenn Roeder is the right man for the job.The man who previously was manager for Gillingham,Watford and West Ham was choosen instead of the man who has won a total of sixteen major titles OTTMAR HITZFELD

And you didnt see that as a mistake????

This club is going in the wrong direction ever singe SBR was sacked.And all of this is Freddy Shepherd's fault

And all of you who cant see that... Well... :idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2:

As I keep repeating, all a Board can do is back their man and hope he is the right choice. Despite what some may believe, there is no guarantee any new Board will do either of those things any better than the current one.

This is why many people find you defense of the current regime so astonishing, as the choices for 'their man' have, for the most part, proved to be poor at best. No, there is no guarantee any new Board will do either of those things any better than the current one, but nor is there any guarantee they would do any worse.

While, lets be fair, as we repeatedly get the simple things wrong, the chances of Freddy and the current board improving would seem slim indeed.

seriously guys stop fretting over transfer we will sign someone, no doubt about it.  be too much uproar otherwise

Looking forward to it, the sacking of Fred that is.

Why do you want him sacked?

Why do you think a replacement will be better?

I look forward with interest to this information that will convince me it is guaranteed a new board is certain to choose a manager who will bring success to the club, and also the information that proves this new Board will support financially any new manager as much as the current Board has done for successive managers.

Thanks in advance

OK - Shepherd has taken us from a position of strength, one of the top 5 certainly, to begging for loan players.

His LUNATIC idea to gibve the job to Souness has cost this club horrendously dear.

Certainly, asset strippers are not a plus, but that was said about the yank taking over at Man U. That never happened did it ?

I believe that FFS record at Newcastle is below abysmal and a change can't make it any worse.

I've said many times the appointment of Souness was a terrible decision by the Board. I also believe the Board missed an opportunity after we finished 3rd to move Robson to another role and appoint a new manager to take the club to the next stage. The signs on the field of performances dropping off were obvious during the latter part of that season. These are two major mistakes made by the Board imo. I don't believe this is enough to say the Board is shit overall and that they should go, but the appointment of Roeder must turn out to be correct and not another error, because if they've got this wrong I'd say that should be a final error. I say that despite the gamble involved in a new Board coming in. You can't assume a new Board will throw millions at allowing a manager to build a team, they could just as easily settle for merely being in the top flight, I think it is naive to believe there can only be one outcome.

Maybe Fat Fred didnt appoint the managers on his own but he has the biggest influence with the board so...its almost the same thing

OK appointing Souness was big mistake

After the end of the season when all the nufc fans was hoping that Fat Fred at least try to bring the fans №1 choise here=OTTMAR HITZFELD the board didnt even bothered to do that.

They thought that Glenn Roeder is the right man for the job.The man who previously was manager for Gillingham,Watford and West Ham was choosen instead of the man who has won a total of sixteen major titles OTTMAR HITZFELD

And you didnt see that as a mistake????

This club is going in the wrong direction ever singe SBR was sacked.And all of this is Freddy Shepherd's fault

And all of you who cant see that... Well... :idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2:

All the other managers who haven't brought success during the time of this Board were appointed on the basis of good track records. Are you familiar with the track record of Kenny Dalglish, for example? Do you think this guarantees success?

Roeder may yet turn out to be the right man for the job under the current circumstances.

This is why many people find you defense of the current regime so astonishing, as the choices for 'their man' have, for the most part, proved to be poor at best. No, there is no guarantee any new Board will do either of those things any better than the current one, but nor is there any guarantee they would do any worse.

While, lets be fair, as we repeatedly get the simple things wrong, the chances of Freddy and the current board improving would seem slim indeed.

:rolleyes:

I'm not defending the Board, I'm just not castigating the Board, which to you and some others seems to be the same thing. Weird.

Just comapre these two:

Glenn Roeder:

Teams managed

1992-1993 Gillingham (player-manager)

1993-1996 Watford

2001-2003 West Ham United

2006-         Newcastle United

Ottmar Hitzfeld:

Career as Coach

Period Club Titles

1983-84 FC Zug

1984-88 FC Aarau 1988 - Swiss Cup

1988-91 Grasshopper Club Zürich

1989 - Swiss Cup

1990 - Swiss Cup

1990 - Championship

1991 - Championship

1991-97 Borussia Dortmund

1995 - Championship

1996 - Championship

1997 - UEFA Champions League

1998-04 FC Bayern Munich

1999 - Championship

2000 - German Cup

2000 - Championship

2001 - Championship

2001 - UEFA Champions League

2001 - Intercontinental Cup

2003 - German Cup

2003 - Championship

1997 - "World Coach of the Year"

2001 - "World Coach of the Year"

Is that enough to a normal people to see and to decide which one of these two are better and so its for the best for the club :uglystupid2: :uglystupid2:

Just comapre these two:

Glenn Roeder:

Teams managed

1993-1996 Watford

2006-        Newcastle United

Ottmar Hitzfeld:

Career as Coach

Period Club Titles

1983-84 FC Zug

1989 - Swiss Cup

1990 - Swiss Cup

1990 - Championship

1991 - Championship

1995 - Championship

1996 - Championship

1998-04 FC Bayern Munich

1999 - Championship

2000 - German Cup

2000 - Championship

2001 - Championship

2003 - German Cup

2003 - Championship

Is that enough to a normal people to see and to decide which one of these two are better and so its for the best for the club :uglystupid2: :uglystupid2:

Very simplistic, tbh.

Just comapre these two:

Glenn Roeder:

Teams managed

1993-1996 Watford

2006-         Newcastle United

Ottmar Hitzfeld:

Career as Coach

Period Club Titles

1983-84 FC Zug

1989 - Swiss Cup

1990 - Swiss Cup

1990 - Championship

1991 - Championship

1995 - Championship

1996 - Championship

1998-04 FC Bayern Munich

1999 - Championship

2000 - German Cup

2000 - Championship

2001 - Championship

2003 - German Cup

2003 - Championship

Very simplistic, tbh.

When the facts are talking,even the Gods are silent :uglystupid2:

The only reason people are discussing this subject is because of the shite performances on the pitch, which as you say, is down to the manager.

I'm really not at all certain how the Board can predict backing a proven manager with nearly £50m would result in the team dropping from a consistent top 5 team to mediocrity. I also don't see how the Board can predict Robson not taking the League Cup seriously when we had a team good enough to win it. I don't see how the Board should shoulder the blame for the players failing to turn up for 2 cup finals, for failing to turn up for a couple of semi finals and even being unlucky in one semi final. They put everything in place for successive managers to bring success to the club, it is the managers who have failed.

Are you taking the piss?! :lol:

Guest justin99.

Just comapre these two:

Glenn Roeder:

Teams managed

1993-1996 Watford

Ottmar Hitzfeld:

Career as Coach

Period Club Titles

1983-84 FC Zug

1989 - Swiss Cup

1990 - Swiss Cup

1990 - Championship

1991 - Championship

1995 - Championship

1996 - Championship

1998-04 FC Bayern Munich

1999 - Championship

2000 - German Cup

2000 - Championship

2001 - Championship

2003 - German Cup

2003 - Championship

Very simplistic, tbh.

You can bring up any statistics you want, doesnt mean he would have ever, or wanted to manage us.

The only reason people are discussing this subject is because of the shite performances on the pitch, which as you say, is down to the manager.

I'm really not at all certain how the Board can predict backing a proven manager with nearly £50m would result in the team dropping from a consistent top 5 team to mediocrity. I also don't see how the Board can predict Robson not taking the League Cup seriously when we had a team good enough to win it. I don't see how the Board should shoulder the blame for the players failing to turn up for 2 cup finals, for failing to turn up for a couple of semi finals and even being unlucky in one semi final. They put everything in place for successive managers to bring success to the club, it is the managers who have failed.

Get your head out of the sand for a change, I could and did predict what would happen under Souness, you predicted it and so did Steve so why should the person who appointed him not have been able to do the same?

I'm certain beyond all doubt that the person or people who brought Souness to our club should have been able to see what we could see as being so obvious; you now excuse them for not being able to do this.

The board employed and backed a manager who was totally shocking, it was so predictable to some but not those who mattered.  I find it amazing that somebody who predicted the outcome makes excuses for those who brought him to the club.

I can’t believe the U turn that’s being made in this thread.  The way you went on about Souness coming here and being here is poles apart from this stance that you now take.

Are you taking the piss?! :lol:

Clearly. He is certainly 'not defending the Board'.

The next time someone 'castigates' the board whether it be for their choice of manager, the inability along with their man to play the transfer market successfully, the drop in our fortunes both on and off the pitch, the debt, or for any other valid reason you will also quite possibly see him 'not defending the Board' in another of his posts. :lol:

It's a good job we haven't gone backwards and have had shite boards in the past. :coolsmiley:

So we HAVEN'T gone backwards under FFS ????????????????????????? :o

He's already said that decision was the only one HE made (a bit of a giveaway there)  the fans didnt agree with concerning management appointments.

Just comapre these two:

Glenn Roeder:

Teams managed

1993-1996 Watford

Ottmar Hitzfeld:

Career as Coach

Period Club Titles

1983-84 FC Zug

1989 - Swiss Cup

1990 - Swiss Cup

1990 - Championship

1991 - Championship

1995 - Championship

1996 - Championship

1998-04 FC Bayern Munich

1999 - Championship

2000 - German Cup

2000 - Championship

2001 - Championship

2003 - German Cup

2003 - Championship

Very simplistic, tbh.

You can bring up any statistics you want, doesnt mean he would have ever, or wanted to manage us.

I know that but at least Shepherd should have tried to bring him here especially when all the fans wanted him and he was clearly the fans number one choice for a manager

And you know how Shepherd always like to say "WE ALWAYS LISTEN TO OUR FANS" :tickedoff:

If that was the case he should have tried to bring Hitzfeld here.But he never did :uglystupid2:

It's a good job we haven't gone backwards and have had shite boards in the past. :coolsmiley:

So we HAVEN'T gone backwards under FFS ????????????????????????? :o

He's already said that decision was the only one HE made (a bit of a giveaway there)  the fans didnt agree with concerning management appointments.

A large dose of sarcasm, get a grip man.  ;D  :knuppel2:

Just comapre these two:

Glenn Roeder:

Teams managed

1993-1996 Watford

Ottmar Hitzfeld:

Career as Coach

Period Club Titles

1983-84 FC Zug

1989 - Swiss Cup

1990 - Swiss Cup

1990 - Championship

1991 - Championship

1995 - Championship

1996 - Championship

1998-04 FC Bayern Munich

1999 - Championship

2000 - German Cup

2000 - Championship

2001 - Championship

2003 - German Cup

2003 - Championship

Very simplistic, tbh.

I know that but at least Shepherd should have tried to bring him here especially when all the fans wanted him and he was clearly the fans number one choice for a manager

And you know how Shepherd always like to say "WE ALWAYS LISTEN TO OUR FANS" :tickedoff:

If that was the case he should have tried to bring Hitzfeld here.But he never did :uglystupid2:

Glenn Roeder was the fans choice, remember the e-mails and text messages to Shepherd?

Hands up those who have Shepherds mobile number to be able text him.

Guest justin99.

"I know that but at least Shepherd should have tried to bring him here especially when all the fans wanted him and he was clearly the fans number one choice for a manager

And you know how Shepherd always like to say "WE ALWAYS LISTEN TO OUR FANS"

If that was the case he should have tried to bring Hitzfeld here.But he never did "

For all we know Shepherd did try to bring in Hitzfeld

"I know that but at least Shepherd should have tried to bring him here especially when all the fans wanted him and he was clearly the fans number one choice for a manager

And you know how Shepherd always like to say "WE ALWAYS LISTEN TO OUR FANS"

If that was the case he should have tried to bring Hitzfeld here.But he never did "

For all we know Shepherd did try to bring in Hitzfeld

What, and see those dastardly betting scammers get their way, oh sure.  :lol:

Guest thommo78

Just comapre these two:

Glenn Roeder:

Teams managed

1993-1996 Watford

2006-         Newcastle United

Ottmar Hitzfeld:

Career as Coach

Period Club Titles

1983-84 FC Zug

1989 - Swiss Cup

1990 - Swiss Cup

1990 - Championship

1991 - Championship

1995 - Championship

1996 - Championship

1998-04 FC Bayern Munich

1999 - Championship

2000 - German Cup

2000 - Championship

2001 - Championship

2003 - German Cup

2003 - Championship

And on that logic the club would never have appointed Keegan who's CV would have been blank.

My point is that a CV doesn't guarantee succes. Take Bertie Vogts for example. He has an equally impressive CV however he was complete crap for Scotland. Paul Le Guen etc etc etc

Just comapre these two:

Glenn Roeder:

Teams managed

1993-1996 Watford

2006-        Newcastle United

Ottmar Hitzfeld:

Career as Coach

Period Club Titles

1983-84 FC Zug

1989 - Swiss Cup

1990 - Swiss Cup

1990 - Championship

1991 - Championship

1995 - Championship

1996 - Championship

1998-04 FC Bayern Munich

1999 - Championship

2000 - German Cup

2000 - Championship

2001 - Championship

2003 - German Cup

2003 - Championship

And on that logic the club would never have appointed Keegan who's CV would have been blank.

My point is that a CV doesn't guarantee succes. Take Bertie Vogts for example. He has an equally impressive CV however he was complete crap for Scotland. Paul Le Guen etc etc etc

Yup, agreed.

It's not easy to get the right man, but not many people around here realise that.