Owen And Harps Set For Shearer's Bar Q&A - 12/2/07

Nobby

Again, just opinion. And I doubt I'm the only one who thinks he's took the easy option by staying here all this time. Love for the club yeah, but would you have kept giving McClen contract after contract just because he loved us?

He made a mistake yeasterday and against that team from Estonia. Even Shay Given had some bad spells where he was making errors. It just happens.

Don't think I've mentioned the mistake once as a comment against him. Just his reaction after them. James makes mistake after mistake, but he is an excellent goalkeeper. Henry misses sitters, he's a world-class striker still. I just don't think Harper is anymore than an average goalie.

Don't think I've mentioned the mistake once as a comment against him. Just his reaction after them. James makes mistake after mistake, but he is an excellent goalkeeper. Henry misses sitters, he's a world-class striker still. I just don't think Harper is anymore than an average goalie.

Well, to be honest.....Bramble never looks that bothered when he drops a clanger. Have you made a post about him as well?

Well, to be honest.....Bramble never looks that bothered when he drops a clanger. Have you made a post about him as well?

No, but when there's a post about Bramble that I don't agree with, I will. I was just disagreeing with a comment in the thread and all this has lead from it!

No, but when there's a post about Bramble that I don't agree with, I will. I was just disagreeing with a comment in the thread and all this has lead from it!

I think we'll leave it there, then.

You can't seem to win these days, bugger off and you are a mercenary, stay and you are just here for the easy life.

I will admit Harper has shown a lack or ambition considering its been quite obvious for a while that Given is going to be first choice and that he has taken the easy option in not having to uproot and go somewhere else but I still think he is a good backup keeper and its a little harsh laying into him for decisions which only really affect him!

If you don't think he is good enough its not his fault the club rate him and give him new contracts and I think the whole "he isn't bothered" is just random made up bollocks to support an argument, if he wasnt bothered im sure he could just have "injuries" that would mean he wasn't available whenever we needed him. I hear toe injuries can keep you out for months these days ;)