Our final league position

marko1892

Was initially expecting nothing more than tenth. I believe that i said 13th on August 31st, a few minutes after we signed Sibierski.

I'd be content with a top half finish and given the circumstances, i think 9th would be a creditable position.

9th.

Guest Darth Toon

Just got us finishing 7th using the BBC predictor, and I thought I was being fairly pessimistic (defeats at Wigan & Sheff Utd amongst others)

I think it helps that we have a relatively easy run-in, and players comnig back at the right time.

A lot could depend on how far we go in Europe though - get to the quarters and beyond and it could become our top priority.

Guest Hodgson09

Being optimistic using the BBC predictor I had us win all our games, and just for fun had Spurs lose all their games the results were very nice producing a third from bottom and a third from top on 69 points, Tottenham went down with 34. West Ham and Charlton were also relegated. We can dream eh?

I reckon 60 points would secure a european spot (at least intertoto). That'll mean 8 wins out of the last 11 games, which includes home fixtures against Chelsea and Arsenal. Tall, tall order imo.

EDIT : Interestingly, 60 points were enough for Liverpool to qualify for CL in 2003 and 61 for Everton in 2004. The bar has been set higher this time round though. 63 points could only secure 6th for Blackburn last season.  :cheesy:

I reckon 60 points would secure a european spot (at least intertoto). That'll mean 8 wins out of the last 11 games, which includes home fixtures against Chelsea and Arsenal. Tall, tall order imo.

EDIT : Interestingly, 60 points were enough for Liverpool to qualify for CL in 2003 and 61 for Everton in 2004. The bar has been set higher this time round though. 63 points could only secure 6th for Blackburn last season.  :cheesy:

I think if we win 8 of our 11 games we have a chance of finishing 6th