Away European Games

Disco

Dunno if any1 here will know this or whatnot but...

Me and me mate are heavily considering going over to Alkmaar if we/they get through (both of which fairly likely) but i've not been to an away european game before so i'm unsure what the chances will be of me getting ticket, i'll be applying off season tickets and have been to a few away games in the last few years. So basically with AZ's ground having a 17000 capacity us liekly to get 1000+ tickets what are my chances of getting one if i apply?

Cheers in advance lads.

chances probably depend on how many years you have had your season ticket and how many away games/fa cup games you have been to.

on a slightly different subject, how are you planning on getting there? DFDS then train from Amsterdam?

Had season tickets since 1993, been to a couple of away cup games (Birmingham and Southampton) and all semis/finals/charity shield.

We were thinkin of flying to Amsterdam from Newc/Manchester/Liverpool on Jet2/easyjet and then kipping in the Dam and training it to/from Alkmaar, either that or Eurostar to Brussels and train on from there. Can return from Waterloo to Brussels for £50ish if ur flexible when u go. Haven't looked into the DFDS but i can imagine it would be good banter on the way over.

Apparently it goes on how many points you have on your season ticket for away games. I believe you get 3 points for every away game you successfully apply for and 1 point for any you were turned down for. Tickets are distributed on the basis of how many points you have all together. I imagine the trip will be pretty popular because it'll be relatively cheap to get over to Holland so you'll need a good amount of points. Word on the grapevine is that you needed 110 points on your season ticket to get a ticket for our match against Waregem.

I went to PSV the other season and their fans were great.  Sat right on the halfway line and they must have knwon where we were from.  Canny bunch.

Don't get the ferry if you can help it tbh. Takes fucking ages, the 'entertainment' is absolutely gash and the drinks cost a bomb. Also, they search you on the way on to stop you carrying your own booze on board. Both KLM and Jet2 to Schiphol are much better options imo.