Latest Bellamy rumour.

Baggio

You've given two poor examples there NE5, considering Chelsea got rid of Mutu and Mourinho has no time for Glenn Johnson because of disciplinary reasons, while we all know what happened to Stam at Man Utd.

They got rid of them when it suited them and the manager had the sense to replace them first or already had better players at the club, its called putting the club first and being a manager

Newcastle replaced Bellamy with Owen. How many (at the time) would have disagreed with that?

Well, if you think that, I hope you are happy with the expenditure to make the change ie 11m quid, plus the 9m on Luque to replace Robert.

20m quid in total. Not to mention the fact that Shearer retiring was also on the horizon at the time.

If Bellamy is so good why do Liverpool want rid?

I really don't know. Maybe you should ask why "not being good enough for a top 4 team" is so bad ?

Before you do though, ask yourself where we were before he played for us, when he played for us, and where we were when he left ..... or ignore facts as per normal

I really don't know. Maybe you should ask why "not being good enough for a top 4 team" is so bad ?

Before you do though, ask yourself where we were before he played for us, when he played for us, and where we were when he left ..... or ignore facts as per normal

could be said about andy o'brian to be honest

Bellamy has not played regularly for Liverpool, like other players.

He took part in 42 games which included 23 starts & 4 as sub.

the thing about this - and your previous post - is that stats don't always tell the whole story. Its about getting the best out of players, Liverpool have not done that, and neither did Souness once he had got his feet under the table after the first few games, the incident at Charlton and the next home game against Man City when Bellamy scored the winner.

FACT is that, at Newcastle he was instrumental in transforming a mid table side that lacked pace and the ability to make things happen and get behind defences, into a team that did that and catapulted into the top 4. When he went, we were back to  a team that lacked pace and the ability to get behind defences.

And with him went Shearers last chance to pick up a cup as captain of Newcastle. And whats more, Shearer knows this, the penny dropped when we lost in Lisbon, he stuck his nose into affairs that he shouldn't have done, and paid the price, because with Craig Bellamy playing, we would have gone through and could have won that trophy.

Glad you said that and not me mate  :coolsmiley:

Glad you said that and not me mate  :coolsmiley:

just i'm not prepared to put our improvment down to one player,shearer still being a top quality player was as much,as was roberts form,bernards and gary speeds and rob lees...don't you think

Isn't that where we aim to be? Kuyt and Crouch hardly set the world alight but there isn't much talk of those going. Their new striker doesn't seem to be a world beater either.

I have never denied Bellamy played a big part in getting us where we were but we were far from a one man team! He did miss a fair share of games through injury aswell, I can't remember us crumbling when he didn't play.

He left when we were mid table, the following season we finished 7th.

I honestly belive Bobby joining the club & Bobby leaving club had more effect on the club than Bellamy.

It did.

Guest Sniffer

If we sell Owen to Liverpool and he scores 20 goals a season which he is capable of doing, then it's similar to the Andy Cole deal which set Manure up for years in the goals department. We can say goodbye to a top four spot because players like martins and viduka are not consistent throughout a season to maintain a challenge. Anelka also, IMO, is too temperamental to have a winning mentality. ameobi is just shite and not a factor.

Selling Owen and replacing him with second rate players smacks of settling for a uefa cup spot and giving up before the season begins.

He left when we were mid table, the following season we finished 7th.

and the seasons before he left, we were 4th, 3rd and 5th.

Howay man mate, we were unrecognisable from the team when he left in comparison to when he played for NUFC.

If we sell Owen to Liverpool and he scores 20 goals a season which he is capable of doing, then it's similar to the Andy Cole deal which set Manure up for years in the goals department. We can say goodbye to a top four spot because players like martins and viduka are not consistent throughout a season to maintain a challenge. Anelka also, IMO, is too temperamental to have a winning mentality. ameobi is just shite and not a factor.

Selling Owen and replacing him with second rate players smacks of settling for a uefa cup spot and giving up before the season begins.

I agree. But the hard facts of football life is that the Bosman rule has changed things, we have had very little from Owen for 16-17m quid, in 2 years. He's a free agent in 2 years time, in 18 months he can talk to clubs. He owes us, big style. If he won't commit, then we stand to lose his entire transfer fee. Only if he scores the winner in the FA Cup Final can he even begin to repay his fee now.

And, the plan is to replace him with another quality player, not an average one, but don't ask he who in particular. There ARE players out there who are quality players, and we would have to go and get one of them, on a longer contract, who wants to sign such a contract and wants to play for Newcastle.

I doubt it has to be Owen or Martins. Money-wise we can probably afford both now. As has been said though, if Owen won't commit to the club it's probably a good idea to cash in now.

I honestly belive Bobby joining the club & Bobby leaving club had more effect on the club than Bellamy.

Well, yes, it did. Because we got the wrong manager. If Allardyce had came then, when he had his first opportunity, I think we would now have a different club completely, and I doubt very much that he would have had the problems with Bellamy that Souness caused for himself.

Well, yes, it did. Because we got the wrong manager. If Allardyce had came then, when he had his first opportunity, I think we would now have a different club completely, and I doubt very much that he would have had the problems with Bellamy that Souness caused for himself.

We've missed a few opportunities for one reason or another down the years. You could say the same about if Robson had replaced Keegan. I'm certain we'd have won things.

Let me get this straight - We sold Bellamy and replaced him with Michael Owen, if our decline was down to Bellamy leaving then that must make him a far better player than Owen then, if that's the case swap them asap even if there is a £12 million difference in what we bought the one and sold the other one for.

I'm not against Bellamy coming back although I haven't got much time for the bloke, but if this swap deal does go ahead then we'll look fucking ridiculous as a football club IMO and show Shepherd up as being one of the most clueless negotiators I've ever known in football.

I doubt it has to be Owen or Martins. Money-wise we can probably afford both now. As has been said though, if Owen won't commit to the club it's probably a good idea to cash in now.

Bellamy plus cash would do for me. So would Tevez. Or Berbatov. They are there. But, these players are part of a team, we still need other players, and the partnership up front has to be such that they can play together and gel. A few people have said they don't think Martins and Owen can play together, including me. Viduka's arrival has changed things in that respect now. One of Owen and Martins will be on the bench if they are all fit. Owen won't be happy with that, and rightly so.

We may even bring in another forward even if they all stay, and I would support that because basically I think Ameobi is not good enough for Newcastle and never has been.

Bellamy plus cash would do for me. So would Tevez. Or Berbatov. They are there. But, these players are part of a team, we still need other players, and the partnership up front has to be such that they can play together and gel. A few people have said they don't think Martins and Owen can play together, including me. Viduka's arrival has changed things in that respect now. One of Owen and Martins will be on the bench if they are all fit. Owen won't be happy with that, and rightly so.

We may even bring in another forward even if they all stay, and I would support that because basically I think Ameobi is not good enough for Newcastle and never has been.

Well if Owen stays and Allardyce plays two up top, he'll be starting with Viduka imo. There's no chance of the other players you mention ending up here though if you ask me.

I remember them as the Robsone years, not the Bellamy era.

Howay man mate, we were unrecognisable from the team when he left in comparison to when he played for NUFC.

That being the key. I am remembering the team working like:Nobby getting the ball & looking up & seeing runners like Dyer,JJ & Bellamy, all three of them using there pace around the force & power of Big Al. It was team & Bellamy was part of it.

Let me get this straight - We sold Bellamy and replaced him with Michael Owen, if our decline was down to Bellamy leaving then that must make him a far better player than Owen then, if that's the case swap them asap even if there is a £12 million difference in what we bought the one and sold the other one for.

I'm not against Bellamy coming back although I haven't got much time for the bloke, but if this swap deal does go ahead then we'll look fucking ridiculous as a football club IMO and show Shepherd up as being one of the most clueless negotiators I've ever known in football.

which also calls people's judgement into question  :coolsmiley:

However, in all seriousness, what you say in the whole post is fair comment, but what it proves is that football just isn't so black and white as that

I remember them as the Robsone years, not the Bellamy era.

That being the key. I am remembering the team working like:Nobby getting the ball & looking up & seeing runners like Dyer,JJ & Bellamy, all three of them using there pace around the force & power of Big Al. It was team & Bellamy was part of it.

It was. There is no doubt that it was well put together. Bellamy extended Shearers career by 2 years or so, and Shearers power, Solano's eye for a ball and Dyers pace [when he played] all got the best out of Bellamy too. Bellamy himself capitalised on this, they all deserve the credit. So whats the problem with doing it again ?

Well if Owen stays and Allardyce plays two up top, he'll be starting with Viduka imo. There's no chance of the other players you mention ending up here though if you ask me.

Depends. Probably not Berbatov, but I don't see why we couldn't get Tevez

Depends. Probably not Berbatov, but I don't see why we couldn't get Tevez

Because he'll go to one of the top clubs in Europe. I'd love to be wrong but I can't see him ending up here. The likes of Inter and Man Utd. are the sorts of clubs being linked with him.