Stats for the new batch of strikers

Guest kingdawson

Counting goals is too simplistic, it is a team game, there are other things to consider. Obviously.

Strikers most important task is to score goals

I've seen strikers at Newcastle who scored plenty of goals but ultimately their team play wasn't upto it and it costs the team dearly. Obviously.

Martins has no such baggage or risk.

if he keeps doing well for us as he has done, I'm sure the 'big guns' like Milan, Barca and co will be sniffing about. Lets see what Martins' reaction is then? He's already stated his love for Inter Milan having been there for 5 years, and how he misses the Italian way of life (loves Newcastle too apparently!) but just wonder what his reaction could be if they come in for him in the future

if he keeps doing well for us as he has done, I'm sure the 'big guns' like Milan, Barca and co will be sniffing about. Lets see what Martins' reaction is then? He's already stated his love for Inter Milan having been there for 5 years, and how he misses the Italian way of life (loves Newcastle too apparently!) but just wonder what his reaction could be if they come in for him in the future

Well, if that does happen we can sell him for a lot more money than we would get for Anelka, Kanu, or McCarthy. Actually, we could afford to buy all three plus a few more.

Well, if that does happen we can sell him for a lot more money than we would get for Anelka, Kanu, or McCarthy. Actually, we could afford to buy all three plus a few more.

If you really want us to buy those 3 then you must be mad

Mad, yes. Want those three, no.

If you really want us to buy those 3 then you must be mad

Mad, yes. Want those three, no.

I think Johnson has laid to rest the idea that he was just a one season wonder. I'd like to see how he could do in a really good side.

I've also been impressed by Kuyt, who has adapted to the Premiership no problem at all.