Roy Keane

marko1892

On the subject of Championship

It's sad that Cardiff doesn't look likely to be promoted.

I would love to see Chopra given a chance in the premiership. Derby, Sunderland :D or West Brom could do well buying him next year.

Guest geordieme1

HAVE I GONE INSANE, OR HAVE I SEEN NEWCASTLE 'SUPPORTERS' PRAISING KEANE!

This is the man that purposely ended a professional's careers and tried to swing a punch at SHEARER!

This man is a thug, not a leader of men but a bully and i will never give him any positives.

All the 'Newcastle suporters' that give him positives should be ashamed of themselves.

Andy 

Impossible to tell at this early stage, but one reason why I think hell never become a top manager:

His rant at the shitness of the ManU squad last January.

The squad that is currently leading the Premiership by 9 points.

Clearly, hes not a good judge of the bigger picture. Ferguson is, he had a plan, he was building a squad good enough to challenge for the title that simply required some time, and as a result ManU are currently looking unstoppable. For Keane to think this bunch were absolute no-hopers, utter shiite to the extent that he needed to walk out of the club having slagged certain players off, shows that he doesnt have the mentality or foresight of building a top squad, as well as the understanding that certain players needed time and faith to improve.

Maybe hes changed since being a player, maybe hell learn through experience, again impossible to say, but given how strong his views were only recently, and were currently seeing how wrong those views were, I doubt hes going to be a top manager. IMO hell be the type of manager who will come across players with moderate potential but who need time and faith, others who have faults but would be useful as squad players if given the backing, as well as players with different mentalities and personalities to those of Keane, and instead of sticking with them, hell just kick them out. A Souness-like manager.

Impossible to tell at this early stage, but one reason why I think hell never become a top manager:

Clearly, hes not a good judge of the bigger picture. Ferguson is, he had a plan, he was building a squad good enough to challenge for the title that simply required some time, and as a result ManU are currently looking unstoppable. For Keane to think this bunch were absolute no-hopers, utter shiite to the extent that he needed to walk out of the club having slagged certain players off, shows that he doesnt have the mentality or foresight of building a top squad, as well as the understanding that certain players needed time and faith to improve.

Maybe hes changed since being a player, maybe hell learn through experience, again impossible to say, but given how strong his views were only recently, and were currently seeing how wrong those views were, I doubt hes going to be a top manager. IMO hell be the type of manager who will come across players with moderate potential but who need time and faith, others who have faults but would be useful as squad players if given the backing, as well as players with different mentalities and personalities to those of Keane, and instead of sticking with them, hell just kick them out. A Souness-like manager.

I'm not sure i agree with that. I thought Keane was spot on at the time and his rant was mainly directed at the likes of Fletcher, O'Shea & A.Smith: all of whom have since been proven not be good enough for the first team. Also, you shouldn't underestimate the difference the additions of Evra, Vidic & Carrick, along with unlikely returns to form from Giggs & Scholes, have had on the Manchester Utd squad.

I thought Keane would do a good job at Sunderland and he's certainly surpassed my expectations for this season. If he does get them promoted and we persist with Roeder incharge, i can honestly see them finishing above us within two years.

I'm not sure i agree with that. I thought Keane was spot on at the time and his rant was mainly directed at the likes of Fletcher, O'Shea & A.Smith: all of whom have since been proven not be good enough for the first team. Also, you shouldn't underestimate the difference the additions of Evra, Vidic & Carrick, along with unlikely returns to form from Giggs & Scholes, have had on the Manchester Utd squad.

I thought Keane would do a good job at Sunderland and he's certainly surpassed my expectations for this season. If he does get them promoted and we persist with Roeder incharge, i can honestly see them finishing above us within two years.

Sorry but IMO that is bollocks, as well as Keane has done and as many faults as Roeder has its just easy to suggest everyone is better than Roeder. Keane is doing well in a lower league with a squad more than capable of being where they are. Roeder got us to 7th last season after a shocking start (can you honestly see Keane doing the same with Sunderland?) and we are currently in 11th this season with 10 games to go and in the last 16 of the UEFA cup with (at times by a long way) the worst injury problems in the entire league pretty much all season.

As much as I don't think Roeder is going to take us far forward he is a decent manager who will at least keep us around where we are (ie top half finishes and later stages in Europe). As said it seems another case of "anyone is better than".

Sorry but IMO that is bollocks, as well as Keane has done and as many faults as Roeder has its just easy to suggest everyone is better than Roeder. Keane is doing well in a lower league with a squad more than capable of being where they are. Roeder got us to 7th last season after a shocking start (can you honestly see Keane doing the same with Sunderland?) and we are currently in 11th this season with 10 games to go and in the last 16 of the UEFA cup with (at times by a long way) the worst injury problems in the entire league pretty much all season.

As much as I don't think Roeder is going to take us far forward he is a decent manager who will at least keep us around where we are (ie top half finishes and later stages in Europe). As said it seems another case of "anyone is better than".

Bollocks - I really don't think you can underestimate the impact of Evra, Vidic and Carrick.

Squad - It is a squad mainly assembled by Keane. So Keane should take credit for building a team capable of chase promotion.

Instant result - Roeder got us to 7th after a shocking start. But Keane got Sunderland to 4th after a shocking start. Granted Roeder has less time than Keane, I honestly don't see any potential Roeder getting us any better than 7th (6th at the maximum) but I see plenty of potential Keane taking Sunderland to top of the league

League - Everything is relative. Keane can only challenge what is present in front of him. Roeder didn't do very well with Watford and Gillingham did he?

Of course Keane is still largely unproven for the very simple fact that he hasn't managed a team in Premiership. But the potential is there for us to see. Whether he will be succesful eventually is everyone's guess. He has his faults, and he definitely need to overcome those if he were to achieve something as a manager.

Mind, i don't think he's a better manager than Roeder - i suspect they are both decent enough Championship managers.

Why do you think that? Obviously Roeder has proven it over his career, but considering this is Keane's first season... i think he's been very impressive.

Mind, i don't think he's a better manager than Roeder - i suspect they are both decent enough Championship managers.

Why do you think that? Obviously Roeder has proven it over his career, but considering this is Keane's first season... i think he's been very impressive.

Because thats EXACTLY what he's proven himself to be so far.

What do you think he has proven himself to be, a decent Premiership manager? Because that wpuld be mad, that. Mad.

What do you think he has proven himself to be, a decent Premiership manager? Because that wpuld be mad, that. Mad.

I don't think he has, but he's definetly shown the potential to be 'decent' Premiership at least. He could not have done much more at this stage, could he?

Bollocks - I really don't think you can underestimate the impact of Evra, Vidic and Carrick.

Squad - It is a squad mainly assembled by Keane. So Keane should take credit for building a team capable of chase promotion.

Instant result - Roeder got us to 7th after a shocking start. But Keane got Sunderland to 4th after a shocking start. Granted Roeder has less time than Keane, I honestly don't see any potential Roeder getting us any better than 7th (6th at the maximum) but I see plenty of potential Keane taking Sunderland to top of the league

League - Everything is relative. Keane can only challenge what is present in front of him. Roeder didn't do very well with Watford and Gillingham did he?

Of course Keane is still largely unproven for the very simple fact that he hasn't managed a team in Premiership. But the potential is there for us to see. Whether he will be succesful eventually is everyone's guess. He has his faults, and he definitely need to overcome those if he were to achieve something as a manager.

I wasnt taking issue with Carrick, Evra etc... hence I never mentioned them (probably in such a rage someone may be speaking badly of your beloved ManU to realise).

When you say you see Keane having the potential to take Sunderland to the top of the league I really hope you mean Championship and if you do, well done Keane. Still nothing compared to taking us from where Souness left us to 7th!

Yes he can only do well in the league he is in but its all relative when claiming he can be better than Roeder, if he finishes top of that league does that mean he is potentially better than Wenger who is very unlikely to finish top of this one?

Keane has done well to get the players in but again its a hell of a lot easier to get the right players in who will do the business in that league if you have the funds and stadium they have to draw them in. Lets see how he does in the summer transfer market and in the Premiership next season (if they get promoted) before we have easy digs at Roeder.

I don't think he has, but he's definetly shown the potential to be 'decent' Premiership at least. He could not have done much more at this stage, could he?

Have to disagree with that. He hasn't proven the potential to be a decent Premiership anything. He'll have ot be in the Premiership to do that.

Have to disagree with that. He hasn't proven the potential to be a decent Premiership anything. He'll have ot be in the Premiership to do that.

Management is about decision making, that doesn't get harder in the Premiership. The step up is tactically and he's only going to improve with experience on that front. I'd swap him for Roeder based soley on their 'off field' attributes, anyway.

Am touched, honeslty, got a tear in me eye here, reading about you usually bitter and twisted spastics finally beginning to bow down to our soon to be happening superiority. Thanks. :smitten:

Am touched, honeslty, got a tear in me eye here, reading about you usually bitter and twisted spastics finally beginning to bow down to our soon to be happening superiority. Thanks. :smitten:

:lol: I would wait until you get out of the championship and have managed to not beat your record again before getting too cocky!

I wasnt taking issue with Carrick, Evra etc... hence I never mentioned them (probably in such a rage someone may be speaking badly of your beloved ManU to realise).

I really don't know if I should take you seriously.

I really don't know if I should take you seriously.

Don't worry I have made my decision on you, ManU fan boy!