Form is temporary CLASS is forever - Roeder says

Guest SLK

Class isn't permanent though is it? Otherwise why would you get players retiring in their 20's after being fantastic when they were younger. Talking up his own signing/fuck-up imo. As for Luque, he's a case a point.

Class isn't permanent though is it? Otherwise why would you get players retiring in their 20's after being fantastic when they were younger. Talking up his own signing/f***-up imo. As for Luque, he's a case a point.

Was Luque ever class, or did he just have one or two good seasons?

Who can blame Roeder for talking up his signing?

A) Luque was Class,one of the La-Liga's best players when we signed him and was wanted by both Madrid and Barca.

B)I Can..

Guest Gemmill

Class isn't permanent though is it? Otherwise why would you get players retiring in their 20's after being fantastic when they were younger. Talking up his own signing/f***-up imo. As for Luque, he's a case a point.

A) Luque was Class,one of the La-Liga's best players when we signed him and was wanted by both Madrid and Barca.

B)I Can..

One of La Liga's best players eh?  That's why there was such hot competition for his signature.  NOBODY came in for him, even when things got protracted and it didn't look like we'd get him, nobody wanted to buy one of the hottest properties in La Liga.  A property so hot that when we played Deportivo he started the game on the bench.

Yup, it sounds like you're talking bollocks again.

Never saw enough of Luque but he was clearly a better player than he is now. As for Roeder, there's nowt wrong with talking up your signings I suppose, but the class is forever thing is just a meaningless cliche imo. Plenty players, for one reason or another, 'lose it' a good while before you would expect them to due to age and so on.

I think people are having a go because he is not just talking him up he has been making excuses as to why he has failed to fire, e.g moving to another club, coming from a better team etc. and is now failing back on the old failsafe that he is a class player and will always be a class player.

Well that is all well and good, all we want to see if Duff to do well, but the fact is that he isn't doing well and the excuses and diversions are just getting tiresome from Roeder. This is not an isolated problem, the man just doesn't know when to shut up.

Guest Gemmill

No body came for him because he hasn't played a decent run of game for the last two years,why take a  gamble on him when you have other players who are playing regurlery in their teams...

Read my post again.  I'm talking about when we bought him.

No body came for him because he hasn't played a decent run of game for the last two years,why take a  gamble on him when you have other players who are playing regurlery in their teams...

Sorry,Didnt notice  :blush:

Well,we will never know will we,wasn't Owen wanted by Liverpool,Chelsea and etc..but we offerd him this huge wage and fee that no one matched ,and we ended up signing him,i guess the same goes for Luque

Sorry,Didnt notice  :blush:

Well,we will never know will we,wasn't Owen wanted by Liverpool,Chelsea and etc..but we offerd him this huge wage and fee that no one matched ,and we ended up signing him,i guess the same goes for Luque

So we priced Chelsea out of the market for Owen did we? Ok :lol:

Guest TampaToon

I can see where Glenn's coming from, but sadly class isn't permanent at all, is it? We've seen many players have major downturns in their careers for all sorts of reasons.

How long can we keep playing a Duff who isn't performing while we wait for this 'class' to return?

we didn't play him saturday, and n'zogbia didn't look much better....so what's the difference between continuing to put duff in the side and looking for him to come around and doing the same with n'zogbia? except, of course, the fact that duff has done it for a number of years whereas the zog had a good half-season last year.

Guest Gemmill

I can see where Glenn's coming from, but sadly class isn't permanent at all, is it? We've seen many players have major downturns in their careers for all sorts of reasons.

How long can we keep playing a Duff who isn't performing while we wait for this 'class' to return?

we didn't play him saturday, and n'zogbia didn't look much better....so what's the difference between continuing to put duff in the side and looking for him to come around and doing the same with n'zogbia? except, of course, the fact that duff has done it for a number of years whereas the zog had a good half-season last year.

N'Zogbia's first full game back in forever tbh.  Plus he was being marked by two because of Taylor's ineptitude at left back and inability/unwillingness to support him.  I'm hopeful that with the two of them providing competition for the left wing position, they may both raise their games.  We'll see.

N'Zogbia's first full game back in forever tbh.  Plus he was being marked by two because of Taylor's ineptitude at left back and inability/unwillingness to support him.  I'm hopeful that with the two of them providing competition for the left wing position, they may both raise their games.  We'll see.

Spot on.

Guest BooBoo

I love this phrase "has struggled to recapture his previous form".

Polite way of saying he's been a monumental let down!

I don't want to sound apologetic to Luque, but

One has been poor without trying, the other has been poor despite trying hard (with all due respect to Duff)

Who has got more potential Mr Roeder?

Gormless Glen is now sounding like the total tosser I always thought he was. If he is here next season I dread to think how bad we will be. How frustrated we will be after the transfer window and how many games we should walk will be drawn or worse lost.

What exactly about what he says in that article is Gormless?

He speaks a lot of sense in my opinion.

Agreed.

Give up asking people to justify their posts, mate.

I don't want to sound apologetic to Luque, but

One has been poor without trying, the other has been poor despite trying hard (with all due respect to Duff)

Who has got more potential Mr Roeder?

I don't get it. Luque hasn't tried. He shoudl be dragged through Newcastle behind a bin wagon.

Duff has been fucking gash, but still better than Luque.

I don't get it. Luque hasn't tried. He shoudl be dragged through Newcastle behind a bin wagon.

Duff has been f****** gash, but still better than Luque.

How?

Because both have been shite, but at least Duff has tried. Thats better, in my book, that Luque, who has not. End product is pretty similar, but if you're guaranteed failure, it might as well be active/mobile failure. I think thats why some people rate Dyer.

But back to the point, Roeder just opens his mouth and any old rubbish falls out. At least Souness had the balls to look smug about it, the twat.