We Want Our Game Back

Guest Red_Rizla

Guest Red_Rizla

Okay, I am a Manchester United fan and have registered here simply to post the following campaign that we have tried to start at RedIssue. The idea is that we circulate the information on as many Prem forums as possible and see if there is enough support, in general, for such action. As you will know, the press monitor these forums also, and tend to go with public opinion. Rivalries between clubs will alway exist, of course, but this is about the fact that many clubs and players have lost touch with the people who pay for their comforts.

The original post:

"Its the time now to be standing up and being counted, For all clubs to have a 1 game national boycott by fans in the premeirship?

given the pathetic boycott response of some clubs and the prices etc at EVERY club you have to wonder if it is even worth suggesting ? but im talking about fans of ALL the prem clubs having one Saturday where we get as many fans as possible to stay at home in protest at ridiculous,obscene ticket prices funded by hard working people.

We are paying more and more for an inferior product. the atmosphere is crap in most grounds these days,the programmes,merchandise,refreshments all make going to a foottball match the financial equivalent of going down to the west of london to watch a show followed by a slap up meal.

we are treated like shit,we cant stand,no one sings,the players are booked if they run to the fans or show any real passion, shit,journeymen donkey players are on 40/50 k a week.

im not saying bring them to their knees but how about a national protest day to say we are sick of the way its going,sick of being mugged and treated with contempt. Enough,we want our game back.

It might not bring back standing and 30p tickets but it will make the powers that be sit up and start to take notice of the people who fund their lavish lifestyles

what do you think,good idea or a waste of time?

WE WANT OUR GAME BACK."

We will be interested in your opinions on this, and if any of you are also members of other NUFC forums, please post it there also. Thank you.

Guest Invicta_Toon

a national protest won't improve the atmosphere or make people sing

the game is shit because of money, face it and get over it

Guest Red_Rizla

have you ever been to Manchester?

Cheap laugh over ...Most major clubs are taking this seriously. Only the smaller clubs are trivialising the attempt to actually do something.

Guest Red_Rizla

OP, please be aware that there are a number of members who post wind-up responses constantly.

Same on all forums unfortunately - I am fully aware.

Guest Invicta_Toon

OP, please be aware that there are a number of members who post wind-up responses constantly.

like I can never make a serious point

Guest Invicta_Toon

seriously, why mention atmosphere and singing? what do you expect clubs to do to improve it??

perhaps play music after goal like some of the shitehouses already do?

Guest Red_Rizla

seriously, why mention atmosphere and singing? what do you expect clubs to do to improve it??

I am simply posting the original thread as it was typed, and yes, OT has lost a lot of its atmosphere - it is a constant grumble - but the point is that we have lost our "voice" at the big clubs. Money comes first and the very thing that makes football - the supporters - come last. Clubs have lost sight of this, as have many players I feel.

Guest hagler

i dont like the way man u fans have to pay more for away matches...there a rich club but that dosent mean there supporters are.. and have to shell out a extra 15-20 quid more for away matches just cause there a cat A  fixture

Guest Red_Rizla

i dont like the way man u fans have to pay more for away matches...there a rich club but that dosent mean there supporters are.. and have to shell out a extra 15-20 quid more for away matches just cause there a cat A  fixture

True - but if it was simply about this we would not be trying to get the support of other clubs - though LFC forums were behind the Cat A protest.

Choose your worst 1st team squad player (equivalent of Kevin Richardson!) - look at his car, look at his house, look at his lifestyle and then ask if something needs to be done. What we are asking for will not change things overnight, but may well send a loud message to the clubs.

True - but if it was simply about this we would not be trying to get the support of other clubs - though LFC forums were behind the Cat A protest.

Choose your worst 1st team squad player (equivalent of Kevin Richardson!) - look at his car, look at his house, look at his lifestyle and then ask if something needs to be done. What we are asking for will not change things overnight, but may well send a loud message to the clubs.

richardson would be so much better than damian duff

Guest hagler

im with you buddy ..but it would have to be a uefa or fifa decision otherwise everyone would play in europe or differant continents

Guest Red_Rizla

Thank you all for your input ... I will check back and see if there has been any more discussion. This can happen if we make it happen.

Well, the clubs could could bring back terraces or at least give you the chance of sitting with your mates.IMHO it is (at least at SJP) the all seating arrangement that is mainly to blame for killing the atmosphere.

In the 'OLDEN DAYS' of the old covered Leazes End you could stand with like minded people and scream sing and shout until you heart was content.Today you have to sit with loathsome miserable faced  twats who arrive late,spend most of the going back and forward to the toilet (bladders the size of walnuts) and leaving early.On the rare occassions that they do sing ,they usually sing the wrong words (Blaydon Races)

I know we can't return to that but a terraced area would provide some atmospere.

Yes ,the game is sh=t because of money,but also because we let THEM get away with it.

'Face it and get over it ' is surrendering ,isn't it?

Atleast the guy is trying to do something

I'll join you Red because I sick of being taken for granted by useless greedy bastards,the likes of who run NUFC 

The rest of you make your minds up - Pull your pants up and fight back or let them keep on f*cking you over

An near empty SJP would make the Fat Controller pull his finger out

Guest Invicta_Toon

perhaps play music after goal like some of the shitehouses already do

Well, the clubs could could bring back terraces or at least give you the chance of sitting with your mates.IMHO it is (at least at SJP) the all seating arrangement that is mainly to blame for killing the atmosphere.

In the 'OLDEN DAYS' of the old covered Leazes End you could stand with like minded people and scream sing and shout until you heart was content.Today you have to sit with loathsome miserable faced  twats who arrive late,spend most of the going back and forward to the toilet (bladders the size of walnuts) and leaving early.On the rare occassions that they do sing ,they usually sing the wrong words (Blaydon Races)

I know we can't return to that but a terraced area would provide some atmospere.

Yes ,the game is sh=t because of money,but also because we let THEM get away with it.

I'll join you Red because I sick of being taken for granted by useless greedy bastards,the likes of who run NUFC 

The rest of you make your minds up - Pull your pants up and fight back or let them keep on f*cking you over

right so you're petitioning CLUBS because you want terraces back?

FFS

Guest Invicta_Toon

Thank you all for your input ... I will check back and see if there has been any more discussion. This can happen if we make it happen.

thank you tony blair

We all know there would be no trouble with atmosphere in our ground if there was a team playing on it like the Mancs have to watch.

Conversely if they had not won a domestic trophy for 50 years they would have an empty ground with only a few souls from Salford turning up.

I wonder if there is a parallel universe where this is happening.

I want to go there now.

Must say that the last terraced game I went to (Boston vs Grimsby about 2 months ago) I experienced an atmosphere rarely replicated during seated matches. Not to say it can't be matched, but for such an awful ground I really enjoyed the terraced atmosphere.

perhaps play music after goal like some of the shitehouses already do

right so you're petitioning CLUBS because you want terraces back?

FFS

No - I'm petitioning nobody Vic

YOU where the one who pulled the original poster up about atmosphere and singing.

I pointed out what the Clubs could do to help the atmosphere and then had a good whinge on .

But why not petition the Clubs?

Do you have someone else in mind??

It was,after all,the larger Clubs who forced this situation of all seater stadia (with the help of legislation I know)

It gave the Clubs (particularly NUFC)a captive controllable audience,who could be hit with adverts etc and coerced into renewing(because you'd be frightened of not getting a seat)

I think if the FAT ONE saw a half empty SJP in the run up to renewal time that he would , perhaps, pull his finger out.

Maybe or maybe not

BUT - if you happy with the status quo OK then,sit back and enjoy. Just keep on letting FFS take his 1/2 million and shafting you,if thats what you want.

But there is no need to snipe at people just because they say that they would like things to change for the better.

It only makes you look like someone who can not make a serious point and is just on the wind up.I thought you were bigger than that in reading (and enjoying) some of your previous posts