Shearer's MOTD contract?

Skirge

The next managerial appointment may well be the most important decision in the club's recent history so I think Shearer would probably rule himself out before GR's P45 left St James Park. The problem is where do you conjure up a Bobby Robson type experienced manager from. If Freddie is more than happy to pay absolute top dollar for his players he may well have to break the bank to at least make a manager of this calibre seriously think about coming to the club. Someone mentioned Hiddink on another thread, could well be a fair call provided Mourinho doesn't jump ship at Chelski. But why not ask the man himself - Bobby Robson who he thinks is suitably experienced to take on the job. After all he spotted the talent in Mourinho

Shearer, the legend he is, I don't think he should take up the job yet. He needs to manage something like a championship team first- find his feet. Considering how much pressure we put Roeder (and others) under, do you think he can take it?

keegan did alreet and shearer imho would not let that shower of shit get away with performances like we have seen for the majority of the season .but would shearer take it ?

Guest Der Kaiser

What you seem to forget is that no manager worth his salt wants the Newcastle job. And let's face it, there aren't many managers out there that we could atract that I'd actually want.

I just don't buy that at all. I beleive O'Neill didn't want it but would have liked to think that Shepherd would cast his net a bit wider then the red tops number one choice.

I reckon BottledDog's mam should be given a go

Guest Stephen927

I'm in two minds about Shearer being a manager. I think he would definitely need someone more experienced beside him. I think he'd be a good assistant but not as a manager as I don't think he has much tactical knowledge.

Guest nyscooby

Why on earth you think Shearer would make a good manager is beyond me....

He had appaling relationships with every single manager we had in the past few years, he thought he was bigger than the club and he almost cost us a place in the EPL due to his selfish desire to beat the Milburn record. To name a few things.

Seems to me that his decision making capabilities may land us in the sh1te.

Dream about it but get real, we need proven experience and proven silverware if possible.

Guest smoggeordie

He had appaling relationships with every single manager we had in the past few years, he thought he was bigger than the club and he almost cost us a place in the EPL due to his selfish desire to beat the Milburn record. To name a few things.

Dream about it but get real, we need proven experience and proven silverware if possible.

You'll only accept a trophy if you've seen a certificate of authenticity? ;)

What??