Titus Bramble

Mr. Slugworth

Taylor is more of a liability than Titus at the moment.

I'd still offer Titus a contract and have him as back-up, we cannot afford to lose another body in the summer for nowt if we've got no money to spend.

If we've got "no money" to spend, I'll eat my hat.

EDIT: People are quick to forget the incoming influx of new TV money, allied with the fact we generally always spend decent money in the summer.

Am not forgetting, I just doubt the board will release it for players, no doubt Freddy has seen a nice new Villa he wants in Barbados and he'll find a new ingenious way for taking that money out of the club in a big bonus to him or another member of his family.

I'd still offer Titus a contract and have him as back-up, we cannot afford to lose another body in the summer for nowt if we've got no money to spend.

I disagree, if you give Titus a new contract, all you are doing is condoning/accepting a level of standard that will see us continue to languish in mediocrity.

We do need bodies, but I am sure there are better/with more potential that will not cost stupid money.  I would have hoped that we had the scouting network/management that could identify those players  - most other teams seem to be able to.

I see both sides, and in all honesty i wouldn't be that disappointed if we kept him or released him, i just think with the small squad we have, and the shit board we also have keeping him might be a good idea. We sold Boumsong and replaced him with who? So we release Bramble and replace him with Huntington no doubt. Might as well keep him.

EDIT: People are quick to forget the incoming influx of new TV money, allied with the fact we generally always spend decent money in the summer.

Am not forgetting, I just doubt the board will release it for players, no doubt Freddy has seen a nice new Villa he wants in Barbados and he'll find a new ingenious way for taking that money out of the club in a big bonus to him or another member of his family.

I'm always wary of reacting to posts that I cannot see as anything other than nonsense/wind-ups, so shall I leave this for one of your usuals to chomp? :lol:

I'm always wary of reacting to posts that I cannot see as anything other than nonsense/wind-ups, so shall I leave this for one of your usuals to chomp? :lol:

I have usuals?  :undecided:

:lol:

I couldn't think of a better word, mate. I was trying to think of a term to describe a fisherman's preferred catch, but nothing sprang to mind.

Anyway, we digress.

Bramble HAS got to go, man, if for nothing other than to show Roeder backing-up his words after the AZ game.

I couldn't think of a better word, mate. I was trying to think of a term to describe a fisherman's preferred catch, but nothing sprang to mind.

Anyway, we digress.

Bramble HAS got to go, man, if for nothing other than to show Roeder backing-up his words after the AZ game.

Maybe he does. Its just annoying to take a £5m loss on a player who almost got there considering the £9m loss we'll take on Luque who got nowhere near. Add that to the £4m loss on Boumsong, the £4m loss on Owen already, the £'s lost on signings before all them, am just sick of seeing our money go to nothing all the fuking time.

I have in the back of my head we sign him up on 3year deal, has a decent season and we sell him for £2m like OB, but its not going to happen is it?

:weep:

Anyway, we digress.

Maybe he does. Its just annoying to take a £5m loss on a player who almost got there considering the £9m loss we'll take on Luque who got nowhere near. Add that to the £4m loss on Boumsong, the £4m loss on Owen already, the £'s lost on signings before all them, am just sick of seeing our money go to nothing all the fuking time.

I have in the back of my head we sign him up on 3year deal, has a decent season and we sell him for £2m like OB, but its not going to happen is it?

:weep:

Obviously that would be the ideal, but like you say it's incredibly unlikely.

If Bramble gets a new contract we're stuck with him for another few years as we'll probably have to offer him what he's on already seen as he'll get good money if he goes to the likes of Pompey instead (given he'll be on a free). Conversely, if he does get a new deal, clubs like Pompey won't pay his wages as well as a transfer fee imo. Plus, offering him a new deal would be accepting mediocrity, again.

Guest Stephen927

If Bramble applied himself I would have no problem in him getting a new contract, but he's proved since he's signed that he's not going to do anything of note for this club other than the all too rare good performances.

He's got to go.