Jenas.

Crumpy Gunt

I still think Parkers a better player than Jenas, and I think selling Jenas and buying Parker for less was good business, although Im sure others on here will disagree.

Parker has got the ability to grab a game by the scruff of the neck and dominate a midfield, something Jenas never did. perfect examples are Arsenal last season, and I thought he was excellent against Liverpool a few months ago. He was superb for us last season and at the start of this one untill he broke Jimmy Bullard's leg, and people saying his absence from the team last season was the reason for our improved form is bollocks imo - surely it was because of the sacking of Souness around the same time.

I think its clear Parker has suffered from having to play next to another defensive player in Butt or a ineffective Emre, and not really knowing what his role is - something that is down to the management.

He's been poor at times this season, but he hasn't been as consistently poor as Jenas was. I think playing in a largely unsuccesful team and having the captaincy have caused people to notice his faults far more than they ever noticed JJ's.

Parker couldn't dominate a kids match.

Disappointing HTL. Made a lot of good and valid points about Parker and his role in the team etc., ends up making NM-esque childish comments which have no basis in anything to try and provoke a reaction. I thought more of you....

:lol: :lol:

I like it. You say something some nobhead doesn't like, and you're childish.  :lol:

I still think Parkers a better player than Jenas, and I think selling Jenas and buying Parker for less was good business, although Im sure others on here will disagree.

Parker has got the ability to grab a game by the scruff of the neck and dominate a midfield, something Jenas never did. perfect examples are Arsenal last season, and I thought he was excellent against Liverpool a few months ago. He was superb for us last season and at the start of this one untill he broke Jimmy Bullard's leg, and people saying his absence from the team last season was the reason for our improved form is bollocks imo - surely it was because of the sacking of Souness around the same time.

I think its clear Parker has suffered from having to play next to another defensive player in Butt or a ineffective Emre, and not really knowing what his role is - something that is down to the management.

He's been poor at times this season, but he hasn't been as consistently poor as Jenas was. I think playing in a largely unsuccesful team and having the captaincy have caused people to notice his faults far more than they ever noticed JJ's.

Disappointing HTL. Made a lot of good and valid points about Parker and his role in the team etc., ends up making NM-esque childish comments which have no basis in anything to try and provoke a reaction. I thought more of you....

I like it. You say something some nobhead doesn't like, and you're childish.  :lol:

:lol: I thought you would be used to the notion of hyperbole by now?!

Is it not a slightly childish style to express things in an over-simplified version without going into real detail to explain why you hold such opinions? And do you not think it's fair to say you post a lot of what you do to get a reaction? Otherwise why would you be so curt, and always post things that you know will provoke people?

Not having a go at your opinions btw, aree with a number of things you say.

:lol: I thought you would be used to the notion of hyperbole by now?!

Is it not a slightly childish style to express things in an over-simplified version without going into real detail to explain why you hold such opinions? And do you not think it's fair to say you post a lot of what you do to get a reaction? Otherwise why would you be so curt, and always post things that you know will provoke people?

Not having a go at your opinions btw, aree with a number of things you say.

No, i don't think those things.

I am often curt because i am normally doing something else at the same time (multi-tasking, see, i can watch TV AND slag off a cunt like ROeder at the same time, i'm liek some sort of machine, me), and because thats my particular style: sort of an anti-HTT.

Fair enough, it's just the way it comes across, to me anyway. It's hard to know why you're being curt if all I can see is some text on a screen, seemed like the logical conclusion to come to afaic. No bad thing being an anti-HTT.

Guest kingdawson

he's in good form, Jenas, but watching spurs's match last night, there were big gaps in their midfield. Jenas and Zokora play a similar game and both like to go forward. pretty to watch at times but defensively they're almost as bad as us methinks.

anyway, the Jenas deal was fair to both clubs, and i think Jenas went about it the right way to get out of our club without causing any disruption and we made a good profit after a few years service from him. it's rare we make money out of any transfer deals. when you think Viana cost us 8.5m with almost nothing back, boumsong 5m loss, etc etc - so why do we hate Jenas? Souness wanted to make him a midfield destroyer (yeah, right) which was out of his character (remember the arsenal opening match last season), he asked to go and he left giving us a few mill profit, so i have no qualms about this guy.

Absolutly perfect post. Agree with everything youve said especially the first paragraph.

Parker has got the ability to grab a game by the scruff of the neck and dominate a midfield, something Jenas never did. perfect examples are Arsenal last season, and I thought he was excellent against Liverpool a few months ago.

We got a higher transfer fee but i'd suspect Parker is paid a fair bit more than Jenas.

Jenas also usually played well against the better sides and never really looked out of his depth in Europe. Like I said, he's been in a regular in a team that has finished in the top 6 four times (counting this), he's a reliable performer much like Parker when deployed correctly.

Jenas=Parker imo, very similar in quality.