What the hell's his problem??? (Alan Oliver related thread)

Guest hindu times

Guest Gemmill

i like how i've gone from saying that shearer "offered only goals" and now "offered very little" when i said neither of these things. soon i suppose your going to quote me saying that i thought shearer was a waste of space, shouldn't have been signed in the first place and was a disgrace to the shirt, when my actual point was supposed to be that shearer was one of those strikers (like martins) that could be invisible for 90 minutes but change a game. i've already conceded defeat on this point by the way, i was wrong. my memory of shearer is obviously incorrect, and that when not scoring he did get numerous assists, and set up countless goals and moves for other players. i don't see why this is still being brought up when i've admitted i was wrong. i suppose if i contribute in a different thread my opinions will still be bullshite because i thought that shearer "contributed "very little" in 8 years", thus qualifying all my subsequent posts as nothing more than complete rubbish.

I also, do not think roeder is gone, i don't think he will ever go, i think that in his death his ghost will still be here, haunting us and reminding us, but then i thought the same about souness.

nor did i tell you aggressively to re read the article. all i said was that i couldn't remember the exact quote, and for you to find it you would have to re read the article. i then re read the article and found that the quote was very similar to something you said. 2-0 to you i guess.

I do not appriciate being talken down to by any members of this forum as though you have some higher intelligence because i had a silly recolection of alan shearer, and then supporting this with two quotes of things i didn't say, completely out of context.

Vying with dan b for the "That is SO not fair!" award tbh. :razz:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/devon/teenagers/images/kevin_teenager_270.jpg

Good report.

As I've said before, I'm worried that Martins reminds of Macdonald, another one man band that teams can ill afford in the long term. He has quite a bit of improving to do if he's to be a success over the long term.

Guest Sniffer

Martin's is nowhere near as good as macdonald  and I'll be surprised if he turns out to be a better player down the line. I don't see any feature of martin's game that SuperMac could not top be it pace, ability in the air, a rocket shot or confidence.

Martin's is nowhere near as good as macdonald  and I'll be surprised if he turns out to be a better player down the line. I don't see any feature of martin's game that SuperMac could not top be it pace, ability in the air, a rocket shot or confidence.

...what about 'that' backflip?

Guest Sniffer

Right parky. I don't recall ever seeing him do a backflip. Usually because I couldn't see then for everybody jumping up and down like maniacs in the days when there was actually some passion shown at SJP.

Not that he couldn't mind if he wanted to....and probably with better form....

Martins was gash like. His passing has been awful all season, he really needs to work on it. I wouldn't sell him though.

Oliver is the first person i've heard agree with me on Dyer since Saturday. No one else seems to have commented that he was utter s**** aswell, like stand out s***.

I thought Dyer looked shite only because we never got him the ball. I have never seen a tean, let alone ours play so much football in their own half....

Martins was gash like. His passing has been awful all season, he really needs to work on it. I wouldn't sell him though.

Oliver is the first person i've heard agree with me on Dyer since Saturday. No one else seems to have commented that he was utter s**** aswell, like stand out s***.

Right parky. I don't recall ever seeing him do a backflip. Usually because I couldn't see then for everybody jumping up and down like maniacs in the days when there was actually some passion shown at SJP.

SuperMac wins on the sideburns anyway. ;)

SuperMac wins on the sideburns anyway. ;)

Nowt wrong with a good pair of sideburns. ;)

Well, aside from the fact I think Macdonald was over-rated, hence the improvement from 3 x 15th place finishes to 5th when he left, I didn't say Martins was better or worse, I said he reminds me of Macdonald. The reason he reminds me of Macdonald is solely due to him appearing to be a one-man band, just like Macdonald. He isn't a very good team player, just like Macdonald. That's what I'm on about,

I thought Dyer looked shite only because we never got him the ball. I have never seen a tean, let alone ours play so much football in their own half....

What?