Owen to play vs Hartlepool - April 16th

Newcastle Fan

Newcastle United striker Michael Owen has pencilled in his first behind-closed-doors friendly as his comeback gathers momentum.

Owen is due to play against League Two leaders Hartlepool United's reserve side in a game in the week of April 16.

Owen, who is recovering from a double knee operation after he was injured on World Cup duty with England, played 20 minutes of a full practice match with the rest of the Newcastle first team on Friday and is believed to have come through without any complications.

Owen scored twice in the kickabout and was clattered by defender Stephen Carr. He then missed Newcastle's defeat to Manchester City on Saturday.

:jesuswept:

Anyway,worst possible source,just thought its worth posting here.:

http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=34400

Guest smoggeordie

Fatty Carr reminds me of that twat in GOAL! who shouldn't be able to get anywhere near the first team because he's shit in matches so batters the crap out of his team mates in training :lol:

Fatty Carr reminds me of that twat in GOAL! who shouldn't be able to get anywhere near the first team because he's shit in matches so batters the crap out of his team mates in training :lol:

You mean the midget that was supposed to be a centre back? :lol:

Guest smoggeordie

Fatty Carr reminds me of that t*** in GOAL! who shouldn't be able to get anywhere near the first team because he's s*** in matches so batters the crap out of his team mates in training :lol:

You mean the midget that was supposed to be a centre back? :lol:

Yeah :lol:

Fatty Carr reminds me of that t*** in GOAL! who shouldn't be able to get anywhere near the first team because he's s*** in matches so batters the crap out of his team mates in training :lol:

thing is fatty carr was probably on owens team in that kick about ;D