Shearer Framed Shirt

CPL

I'd thought of getting it framed but knowing it was fake and me seeing it everyday would kill me, I've offered to sell him it back for half the profit and i've offered to pay for p+p and everything but as usual he hasn't replied. If thats the case i might just flog it on ebay saying its a fake and see if anyone wants it anyway cause its worthless to me.

As for the guy with henrysfootball i lost the bid of his shirt 1st time and to be fair to him he only has 1 negative so i think his shirts are real.

Guest Bramble OG

Wouldnt judge it by feedback, people usually leave feedback as they are pleased to recive the item quickly and as they seen it in the photo, 6 months down the line when they find out its fake they cant go back and change there feedback..

Yer, true but i've read most of his feedback and most people have said they are pleased with the item qualty, only 1 has disagreed and the seller has still said its real after recieving payment, my seller hasn't even replied to his negative feedback. Still can't believe i bought the item, think i was mad at not winning my 1st bid so didn't even check the seller for the 2nd one.

Guest Hewlett

Was thinking of doing this myself.  Can you get the Shearer 9 shirts from the club shop?  I presume you can?

Guest MagicNumber9

Was thinking of doing this myself. Can you get the Shearer 9 shirts from the club shop? I presume you can?

Na i asked Flintoff over PM and he works in the official club shop and says you cant, unfortunatley :(

Guest Lerica23

Just to add another voice,.sorry mate, i think too, you've been had. They both look fake to me,...judging by some of mine. The 'A' looks wrong. Always think Shearer's signature looks easy to 'do' if you see what i mean.  S'pose the only way to be certain with these things is to get it done by yourself, or someone you know? We've had quite a few things signed and he's only ever asked a couple of times, 'who to? otherwise its always just ALAN SHEARER. Never had an ASHEARER though, even at the training ground!? Maybe just depends on how he feels on the day.

• 8 months later...
Guest MagicNumber9

Bringing up an old thread-

got a "signed" shirt for xmas off me parents, he bought it off ebay off what he thought looked to be a good seller, (think he just went off feedback ratings and all the authenticity things they have farther down)

so anyways, opened my present, came in a large box (it had been framed class by some local kid)

and the first thing i noticed is that the top was fake, the northern rock was bigger and darker gold coloured, stitching is pathetic, looks more silky the material itself, newcastle logo was not centered properly in the black stripe and some went into the white stripe..... not a good start i thought.... span the shirt around to see the signature...... not real IMO, bit of a break in "shearer" which dont look too good.  ill put some piccys up later....

what baffles me id the certificate of authenticity.... "UACC" and after a bit of research they look to be a full legit company.... the people my dad got it off were called "world premier signings" too.

pretty gutted more for my dad who put loads of effort trying to get the right one just to find out when i opend it that its fake, i can tell hes a bit :( after putting the effot in for the framing to which wasnt cheap, and the job of the framing is a*******.

:-(

I got one today aswell, signed by Shearer and SBR with what sounds like the same certificate. Im certain its real though the signatures are spot on and I think she got it from a Sports memoribilia (cant spell that word  :lol: ) shop near me.

Guest Texasmag

Just to add another voice,.sorry mate, i think too, you've been had. They both look fake to me,...judging by some of mine. The 'A' looks wrong. Always think Shearer's signature looks easy to 'do' if you see what i mean.  S'pose the only way to be certain with these things is to get it done by yourself, or someone you know? We've had quite a few things signed and he's only ever asked a couple of times, 'who to? otherwise its always just ALAN SHEARER. Never had an ASHEARER though, even at the training ground!? Maybe just depends on how he feels on the day.

I agree with Lerica23. The items I have signed by Shearer  say 'Alan Shearer'. Also there is a gate at the training ground with loads of grafitti on it, and there are quite a few Shearer signatures on it, as if people have been practising his signature.

Normally the player signs the number of the shirt when you purchase from sports memorabilia places.

Guest jan 1st 1985

me and my 2 son's were given tickets in a executive box for the spurs game,we met duff,beardsley,and ameobi---ameobi was a top man,he took time out to have a laugh and chat with my boys,shearer was also in his box with his family.i was lucky enough to get him to sign the shearer 206 book thats just come out nothing was to much trouble for the man he had kids going in and out of his box all afternoon getting autographs.i was also impressed with the attitudes of martin jol and paul robinson,as we left the milburn stand they were both boarding there coach,robinson took a ball out of his bag (and no he didnt drop it) and gave it to a young toon fan,and jol stopped and signed for all the fans that were waiting.very refreshing when you consider the arrogance a lot of players show nowadays.