Edgar - off he goes

mrmojorisin75

Guest optimistic nit

then you have no point, for surely a season playing in the lower leagues will do edgar far more good than on the bench at a premier league club. what you would like to happen would only slow down edgars career.

then you have no point, for surely a season playing in the lower leagues will do edgar far more good than on the bench at a premier league club. what you would like to happen would only slow down edgars career.

what are you talking about?  i've been fairly clear with what i've said, i'm not really sure firstly how you can't grasp it, nor secondly why we've descended to this point

recap: bramble/moore/baba/ramage/carr have proven themselves not good enough and pretty much everyone wants to see the back of them, thus i would keep edgar ahead of any of these clowns and he would get enough games to progress his career due to inevitable injuries/suspensions over the course of a season

4 CB's is enough for any club so edgar, taylor, plus 2 good new guys (in glenns ideal world) to rotate over the course of a season is what i'm saying - NOT KEEP EDGAR IN THE CURRENT PERIPHERAL/NON-ROLE HE'S IN NOW

the alternative is to keep one of the previously named clowns and loan edgar - there is no sense in that when everyone accepts they're not good enough, never have been and never will be

this helping you any?  or do i need to write big letters in crayon for you?

Guest JamesD

one season, or half a season playing regular football at a competitive level is definetly the best thing for edgar at this moment in his career.  i feel that another season with the reserves/the occasional cup match/being on the bench wou;dn't be as benificial as a solid run of games at a club in either the championship or League 1. At this point in time, we don;t need to be bringing young, relatively inexerpainced players into the fold (as we have had to do this season not by choice, but because we had no other options). Building a solid back four is the priority now, and letting edgar go somewhere to get regular games is the best solution for him and in the long run, NUFC.

one season, or half a season playing regular football at a competitive level is definetly the best thing for edgar at this moment in his career.  i feel that another season with the reserves/the occasional cup match/being on the bench wou;dn't be as benificial as a solid run of games at a club in either the championship or League 1. At this point in time, we don;t need to be bringing young, relatively inexerpainced players into the fold (as we have had to do this season not by choice, but because we had no other options). Building a solid back four is the priority now, and letting edgar go somewhere to get regular games is the best solution for him and in the long run, NUFC.

so if we build a solid new back four (which is a stretch to believe it will actually happen) then who would be your backups?  four defenders is not enough for a season so who do we keep?  who rotates with them?  the tripe we've had on the books for years or are we gonna magic up some more defenders to be backup while edgar is out on loan?

once again this whole this is based on the premise that we all accept the usual suspects aren't good enough and should be shipped

Guest JamesD

Considering the injury problems we;ve had this season, and edgar has only gotten a few games, i don;t think his situation next season will improve enough to make staying here the whole time worth it. If we do a straight swap of defenders in and out, say bramble for a new and improved CB, Babayaro for a consistent healthy LB, then edgar is still down the pecking order and won;t get many games (which there will be fewer of due to not being in europe...probably).

Now honestly, use your common sense and tell me which you think is better for the development of a player; a)playing reserve matches and maybe getting on the bench for a match or two or b) playing regular football at a farirly high level.

Hell, i'll even include a recall option so he can come warm the bench for us if need be.

Considering the injury problems we;ve had this season, and edgar has only gotten a few games, i don;t think his situation next season will improve enough to make staying here the whole time worth it. If we do a straight swap of defenders in and out, say bramble for a new and improved CB, Babayaro for a consistent healthy LB, then edgar is still down the pecking order and won;t get many games (which there will be fewer of due to not being in europe...probably).

Now honestly, use your common sense and tell me which you think is better for the development of a player; a)playing reserve matches and maybe getting on the bench for a match or two or b) playing regular football at a farirly high level.

Hell, i'll even include a recall option so he can come warm the bench for us if need be.

we're talking different languages here pal, obviously, but i'm gonna try again though for the last time i hope

bramble and moore look like leaving this summer (problies gooch too), and lets imagine ramage does the same or he sticks around, doesn't matter

add it up - that leaves taylor, hunt, edgar, ramage...not enough to start a season with

so, again let's imagine we sign 1/2 good new CB's - that gives us the above PLUS 2 x new CB, six in total right?  it's my opinion that the lad who needs to go on loan is huntington as i feel he'll need the confidence boost after his exploits at LB and edgar has looked more comfortable than him anyway in the little we've seen

for us to start with 4 is gonna be a stretch for a whole season isn't it given our woeful record of injuries? so if hunt went out on loan we'd have 5 CB's including edgar and ramage

now over the course of a season, without sh!te like bramble/moore in front of him regardless of how the lad plays he'll get enough games at CB or covering the FB positions to keep him going...there's no way he'd be in the reserves all season unless we play YOUNGER kids ahead of him!!!

again all of this becomes moot if we sign six new defenders then send him on loan, fine, but we won't and you know it

so again to simplify REMOVE OBSTACLES TO THE FIRST TEAM LIKE BRAMBLE AND MOORE WHO START REGARDLESS OF FORM OR ABILITY THEN USE EDGAR AS PART OF A ROTATIONAL DEFENSIVE SYSTEM (inc CB/FB) OVER THE COURSE OF A SEASON

can you offer any sensible alternatives to this set of events?  who would make up your pool of defenders?  i just don't understand

mrmojorisin75 - you're repeating yourself over and over again, and I think it's because your premise is flawed... I notice that you seemed to have missed my post (because it's about the only one you haven't attacked!) so I'll repeat the meat of it...

a) Remember that Huntington was lined up to go to Plymouth on loan and actually spent a few days there, but Roeder called him back because we were so thin on numbers

b) Yes, we will be three centre halves down come summer. I don't think anyone believes Bramble, Moore or Onyewu will be here in August

c) Roeder, dumb though he is, is not totally fucked in the head. He knows he will have to replace those three players - and everyone who has posted in this thread is hoping it will be with significantly higher quality.

d) And given Roeder is not completely fucked in the head he will not send Edgar on loan without being certain he can afford to. He has demonstrated this with Huntigton already

Since you asked us to hypothesise, I believe we won't adequately replace those three defenders - which means Edgar will not go on loan, which means you'll get your wish for more first team action next season.

I don't know why you think Roeder will fail to reinforce the defence and loan Edgar out.

Which brings me back to the question I asked in my thread - can you please reproduce the article where you got this all from? Not that you can believe either managers or journalists, but it would be good to know what we're talking about rather than your interpretation of it...

mrmojorisin75 - you're repeating yourself over and over again, and I think it's because your premise is flawed... I notice that you seemed to have missed my post (because it's about the only one you haven't attacked!) so I'll repeat the meat of it...

a) Remember that Huntington was lined up to go to Plymouth on loan and actually spent a few days there, but Roeder called him back because we were so thin on numbers

b) Yes, we will be three centre halves down come summer. I don't think anyone believes Bramble, Moore or Onyewu will be here in August

c) Roeder, dumb though he is, is not totally f***** in the head. He knows he will have to replace those three players - and everyone who has posted in this thread is hoping it will be with significantly higher quality.

d) And given Roeder is not completely f***** in the head he will not send Edgar on loan without being certain he can afford to. He has demonstrated this with Huntigton already

Since you asked us to hypothesise, I believe we won't adequately replace those three defenders - which means Edgar will not go on loan, which means you'll get your wish for more first team action next season.

I don't know why you think Roeder will fail to reinforce the defence and loan Edgar out.

Which brings me back to the question I asked in my thread - can you please reproduce the article where you got this all from? Not that you can believe either managers or journalists, but it would be good to know what we're talking about rather than your interpretation of it...

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcastleunited/chroniclesport/tm_headline=edgar%2D-why-i%2Dm-ready-to-leave-toon%26method=full%26objectid=18904545%26siteid=50081-name_page.html

my problem with the thing, to address a, b, c, d together has been outlined elsewhere - it's with the people who just said "what's the problem with sending him out loan" who i can only assume believe we're about to go out and sign a 50m new defence

as for your © & (d) i've also said that i believe performances should be rewarded, and i don't think they have been with edgar....thus keeping ANY of the players i mentioned ahead of edgar is my biggest problem with the whole thing (as would be signing other "senior" substandard sh!te to play ahead of the lad 'cause they're older than 20) - as long as there are monkeys the calibre of moore and bramble treading water then he'll never get the game he needs

so i've changed my mind, send him out on loan then, in fact why not sell him?