Edgar - off he goes

mrmojorisin75

right then let's imagine this scenario:

most people want shot of carr, bramble, bernard, moore, baba, ramage 'cause they're not good enough, right?

that leaves us with taylor, edgar, hunt, onyewu (assuming we sign him, & i don't think we will) - who have i missed?  maybe somebody 'cause i'm in a hurry but i don't think so

therefore we'd need a LB, RB, 2 x CB plus the young lads named above in order to have any sort of depth to the defence, am i wrong?

the alternative would be to keep one/some of the people who we all consider not good enough and let edgar go out on loan....make any sense?

any clearer for you?

Eh? Put him in the team NOW as we have nobody else. Next year I hope we'll have someone better, he's a kid.

There is always the possibility of recalling loan players in extreme situations too, i'm sure you realise that...

Exactly, its not as if he has been used numerous times this season either. He has played what? 3 games? He is very far done the pecking order and with any luck we will bring in defenders who are not so injury prone in the summer (Carr, Babayaro, Bramble and Moore are all very injury prone!).

Eh? Put him in the team NOW as we have nobody else. Next year I hope we'll have someone better, he's a kid.

There is always the possibility of recalling loan players in extreme situations too, i'm sure you realise that...

recalling depends on the terms of the loan deal as it happens, we're not always the cleverest in that respect are we?

i'm not saying he should start every game and we shouldn't sign anyone else (read my next post) but i can't see the sense in letting him go anywhere when we WILL almost certainly still be short of numbers next season, the huge clearout roedebot keeps harping out will never happen so it's kids like edgar or sh!te like baba

know what my choice is

Guest optimistic nit

best youth squad after arsenal? :lol: what are we basing that on like? one lower premier league standard defender, one championship standard defender, 2 defenders yet to play more than 5 games and one striker yet to score.

Guest optimistic nit

most people want shot of carr, bramble, bernard, moore, baba, ramage 'cause they're not good enough, right?

that leaves us with taylor, edgar, hunt, onyewu (assuming we sign him, & i don't think we will) - who have i missed?  maybe somebody 'cause i'm in a hurry but i don't think so

therefore we'd need a LB, RB, 2 x CB plus the young lads named above in order to have any sort of depth to the defence, am i wrong?

the alternative would be to keep one/some of the people who we all consider not good enough and let edgar go out on loan....make any sense?

any clearer for you?

well personally i see moore as good enough, and i see bramble as good enough (presumably by good enough we mean backup defenders for a mid table team). keep those two, hope bramble sorts himself out, get one more CB (or two as i don't think taylor as a first teamer so young has done him any good, infact he's going backwards). We also need 4 new full backs.

Exactly, its not as if he has been used numerous times this season either. He has played what? 3 games? He is very far done the pecking order and with any luck we will bring in defenders who are not so injury prone in the summer (Carr, Babayaro, Bramble and Moore are all very injury prone!).

yeah he's down the pecking order, the point being he shouldn't be in my opinion and the opinion of a lot of others

the post was also about rewarding the young players, well we're not are we?  you could argue that the performances of edgar and hunt had a huge effect on our season and they've been rewarded by being dropped for consistently injured and underperforming "senior" players

it's a common theme throughout the club, that performances aren't rewarded yet i somehow think people can make these leaps of logic for themselves, obviously i'm wrong

Of course there's also the fact that Edgar might not even 'make it', after all Ramage has had some half-decent games...

we'll never know though will we?  michael chopra couldn't "make it" on the scraps we threw him but given regular game he's doing ok isn't he?

Of course there's also the fact that Edgar might not even 'make it', after all Ramage has had some half-decent games...

we'll never know though will we?  michael chopra couldn't "make it" on the scraps we threw him but given regular game he's doing ok isn't he?

We'll have a much better idea if he's playing every week for a Championship club than sat on our bench making 4 appearances every year.

Guest optimistic nit

We'll have a much better idea if he's playing every week for a Championship club than sat on our bench making 4 appearances every year.

any clearer for you?

well personally i see moore as good enough, and i see bramble as good enough (presumably by good enough we mean backup defenders for a mid table team). keep those two, hope bramble sorts himself out, get one more CB (or two as i don't think taylor as a first teamer so young has done him any good, infact he's going backwards). We also need 4 new full backs.

well this is where we fundamentally disagree then - i've had enough of the brambles and the moores of this world being injured and making mistakes when we least need it, i'd rather see a young lad given his chance any day of the week now

it's your attitude that's seen bramble and dyer leech away at the club for 'x' amount of years

you see i'm all for seeing the end of that, 'cause it ain't done us much good has it?

Basically proving the point you are soo angrily trying to fight against. Chopra is doing a lot better now than he would be if he was stuck on our bench waiting to get games of settling for reserve games.

any clearer for you?

well this is where we fundamentally disagree then - i've had enough of the brambles and the moores of this world being injured and making mistakes when we least need it, i'd rather see a young lad given his chance any day of the week now

it's your attitude that's seen bramble and dyer leech away at the club for 'x' amount of years

you see i'm all for seeing the end of that, 'cause it ain't done us much good has it?

Aye its all O Nyts faults :lol:

granted, but see my earlier post regarding comings and goings?

would you rather we keep bramble and moore as backup than give this lad a chance?  i wouldn't, not for a second...i'm starting to think this is where i'm poles apart from other people and why no-ones getting what i'm on about

any clearer for you?

Aye its all O Nyts faults :lol:

well, you know what i mean - that kind of attitude

Bramble, Moore and Gooch wont be kept on. Lets wait and see what happens in the summer before we all get over excited huh?

I believe most people (including myself) are taking about it being a good idea for him to go out on loan IF we get the right replacements in. Obviously if we fuck it up (and it wouldn't be a suprise) then Edgar will stay and will get more games.

True, but i thought Ramage looked like a league one defender in his very first match while Edgar looked comfortable right away. Still question marks about his physical ability as he is not the fastest or strongest. i wouldn't have a problem with sending him out on loan for 2 or 3 months next season, if only cos that would mean we'd have signed better players, and that Edgar would still be on our books.

Guest optimistic nit

any clearer for you?

looks like i should feel guilty then.  Bramble is a better defender right now than taylor. would you rather we sold taylor? nice to see you'd have us starting edgar and taylor in centre backs next season. but what if edgar turns out to not cut it? we've sold bramble and moore what do we do now? its outside the transfer window, it seems our only option is to play huntington as well. whats that? he's not good enough either. well then we're kinda screwed aren't we. we haven't brought any defenders in in august because those defenders would either be at the same calibur of moore and bramble, or better than moore and bramble, and thus, better than edgar, but since you would like edgar to get first team football, but for some reason would rather we made him make the jump from reserve team football, straight into the big league, than give him a season in league one.

what kind of lunacy would it be to turn a reserve team defender, into a premier league first choice centre back, without any previous first team experiance.

Sending some of the kids out onloan next season wouldn't do them any harm - as long as some quality first teamers are signed in the summer first !

Man United have loaned out plenty of their kids, this campaign - Jonny Evans, Rossi and Simpson to name but three.

any clearer for you?

looks like i should feel guilty then.  Bramble is a better defender right now than taylor. would you rather we sold taylor? nice to see you'd have us starting edgar and taylor in centre backs next season. but what if edgar turns out to not cut it? we've sold bramble and moore what do we do now? its outside the transfer window, it seems our only option is to play huntington as well. whats that? he's not good enough either. well then we're kinda screwed aren't we. we haven't brought any defenders in in august because those defenders would either be at the same calibur of moore and bramble, or better than moore and bramble, and thus, better than edgar, but since you would like edgar to get first team football, but for some reason would rather we made him make the jump from reserve team football, straight into the big league, than give him a season in league one.

what kind of lunacy would it be to turn a reserve team defender, into a premier league first choice centre back, without any previous first team experiance.

never said edgar should start, thanks

the sentence "therefore we'd need a LB, RB, 2 x CB plus the young lads named above in order to have any sort of depth" should have given you a clue to that

my point is, for the umpteenth time, that lets assume that we go on some magical mystery tour in the summer and get 2 new, good, CB's then i'd rather have said 2 new guys plus taylor and edgar as my four than keeping bramble or moore to be part of that four

anyone who thinks that if we signed 2 new CB's that they'd suffice for the whole season and edgar would never play for us then i'd suggest staying off the meths