Which non-top 4 club has the best wingers?

James

Pedersen and Bentley's a good shout - and i've got no better suggestions - but Pedersen's touch and go for the majority of the time, really. He's fairly inconsisent.

Think it was Rob who mentioned Reading... agreed. Don't think it's the individual wingers that do it for them though - it's just the system that they've used. They're counter-attacking play is superb for the majority of the time.

How is that crazy? It is my prediction and opinion. By the way, I think Ashley Cole has regressed after he went to Chelsea ...

Because the lad is 17 and has played about 50 games in the championship :lol:

Everton - Mikel Arteta, Leon Osman, Andy van der Meyde

Bolton - Stelios Giannakopoulos (Why has he not been playing much this season?)

Porstmouth - Gary O'Neill

Tottenham - Steed Malbranque, Aaron Lennon, Teemu Tainio

Reading - Glen Little, John Oster, Bobby Convey, Seol Ki Hyon

Aston Villa - Gareth Barry, Ashley Young

Newcastle - Charles N'Zogbia, Damien Duff, James Milner, Noberto Solano, Kieran Dyer

Man City - Darius Vassell, DaMarcus Beasley, Trevor Sinclair

Blackburn - David Bentley, Morten Gamst Pederson, Sergio Peter, Brett Emerton

Middlesbrough - Stewart Downing, James Morrison, Adam Johnson

Wigan - Kevin Kilbane, Lee McCulloch, Luis Valencia

Fulham -  Wayne Routledge, Simon Davies

Sheffield - Alan Quinn, Keith Gillespie, Stephen Quinn, Colin Kâzım-Richards

Charlton - Darren Ambrose, Jerome Thomas, Dennis Rommedahl

West Ham - Matthew Etherington, Luís Boa Morte, Yossi Benayoun, Lee Bowyer

Watford - Hameur Bouazza, Tommy Smith, Lee Williamson

Because the lad is 17 and has played about 50 games in the championship :lol:

And he has shown enough for me to think that he has the POTENTIAL to be better than Carlos and Cole eventually!

Everton - Mikel Arteta, Leon Osman, Andy van der Meyde

Arteta and Osman aren't wingers really. VDM is the only genuine one we have and he never plays. I suppose our system doesn't use wingers and a lot of clubs in the Premiership are the same.

I don't think any of the non-top 4 clubs have got a good set of wingers.

There are a few clubs with one stand out player like Lennon or Pedersen. The rest of the clubs just shift attacking centre mids out a bit wider. Apart from Reading but individually their wingers are shit. Newcastle on paper, have the best genuine wingers but Duff has been awful and N'Zogbia is not the player he was and Solano stuck in the back four. Just leaves Milner really.

Pedersen and Bentley's a good shout - and i've got no better suggestions - but Pedersen's touch and go for the majority of the time, really. He's fairly inconsisent.

Think it was Rob who mentioned Reading... agreed. Don't think it's the individual wingers that do it for them though - it's just the system that they've used. They're counter-attacking play is superb for the majority of the time.

Yeah - they always seem to try and get at least 3 forward at any time with one player out wide to stretch the defence and belt the ball in from near the corner flag

Bentley & Pedersen by a country mile.

was going to die if someone hadnt said blackburn, pederson has been my favourite non nufc player for ages (bar dubious hand ball incidents...) was sure sourness would have been able to lure him for the money we paid for luque!

with reference to the Reading wingers Bobby convey has been injured most of the season,Glen Little is out injured and Steven Hunt(he from the Cech incident)has been playing on the left wing.Kevin Doyle has also played there though not his best position.

These days I wish we had a "touch and go" left-winger who scores practically a goal every 4 games and gets an assist almost every 6! This season he's got 8 goals in 42 games, with 7 assists. It's not just that with MGP, though, he's outstanding in almost every other area as well, not just in the traditional mould of a winger. I posted this in February:

Quite amazingly, he features in the "top 5" in every statistic on SkySports Opta Stats for Blackburn, other than bookings... but including fouls given away.

Most tellingly for me he has made more tackles than any other Blackburn player (72) with the highest success percentage as well, (81.9%), simply unheard of for a wideman. I think only Xabi Alonso has a higher number/percentage score than him in the entire league. Scott Parker is 3rd overall, behind these two (percentage/numbers wise). Pedersen is the epitomy of a modern "winger". 6 league goals and 3 assists this season. 9 league goals last season, 4 the previous. Not bad.

I'd love to see how the lad fares at a bigger club than Blackburn and I wish we got him when Bobby was after him, but it wasn't to be. He's definitely their outstanding/most valuable player, despite tougher competition than ever this season from the likes of McCarthy and Bentley - who just keeps getting better. Blackburn have a fairly solid team on paper when you look at it, along with a decent manager, it's amazing that they're so low down the league (2 games in hand on most around them, though.)