who would you switch to?

Guest Invicta_Toon

Guest Invicta_Toon

Sorry, I mean I'd support Accrington Stanley of course, superfan all the way, standing in the pissing rain week in, week out.  But then you already knew this of course!  Fair enough, you got me.  Can't get one over you can we?

read the OP. I know you have a habit of not, but do try. I don't mean you have to go to every game

How many games would I go to?  Who would I support?  Would I have the replica kit?  Please let me know, because you clearly know these things better than me.

fine, you would have a preference for absolutely no-one. You would be the most boring cunt around. I can actually see where you're coming from now.

I see, and when Newcaslte aren't playing is everyone in the pub when a match is on the most boring cunt around?  You don't half talk some shite, no-wonder you cannit get any.

didn't get that at all

Guest Gemmill

:lol:  Vic, what answer would you like us all to give.  Threads like this would be much easier if you just provided us with the correct response in the opening post.

I just want people to name the club out of interest, no other agenda.

I do strongly believe that no way would you just switch from being among arguably the most irrational football fans in the country, to not following any other team at all for the rest of your life. It just wouldn't happen imho.

I'm canny bored with football at the minute.  If someone announced tomorrow that NUFC was being wound up and that was the finish, what makes you think I would actively seek another club to obsess over.  I'd just become a casual fan of football, I'd probably take more interest in the national side, and I'd still watch the big games on the telly, I might even have favourites that I like to see win, but I wouldn't switch to any other team in the same way that I've followed NUFC.

I bet you simply don't believe me. :lol:

well that's just it isn't it - I didn't say right away, and I didn't say support like you did NUFC did I?

so why didn't you just say England, or one of your favourites?

Fucking hell, I've given you a perfectly good answer, which I reckon would do for most people that are saying that they wouldn't switch to anyone.  And still you demand more.  You asked who I would switch to in the absence of NUFC.  My answer is no one.

You mustn't have met many people then, one of my Dads mates is like that, goes to some matches, always watching games on the telly but doesn't have a favourite team.

Do you not follow any football competition newcastle aren't involved in then?  You never take any interest in the lower leagues, champions league, you'll never watch Chelsea Man U or whatever without singing for and supporting one or the other?

Guest Invicta_Toon

Imagine in 5 years time, you're stood in a pub, start chatting to a stranger, he asks, so who do you support mate?

Are you honestly going to be one of those cunts that says 'I don't follow football', or 'anyone who's playing Sunderland (i.e. a Scottish national team supporting type cunt)'

I'd say "I supported Newcastle, but in a very unusual turn of events they vapourised.  I still follow football but I don't have a favourite team.  What do you mean you simply don't beleive me?"

In what universe is that statement ever used? Who says that? No-one I have ever met in my life has ever said that

How many people have you spoken to who have had the football team they have supported for the first 30 or whatever years of their lives wound up and the stadium sold off, never to exist again?

You see, if you're going to play hypotheticals you have to go the whole hog, Vic.

what were the first two words of the OP? I even put them in capitals FFS

honestly, it becomes clearer every day that no cunt actually reads posts properly on here

Sorry, I mean I'd support Accrington Stanley of course, superfan all the way, standing in the pissing rain week in, week out.  But then you already knew this of course!  Fair enough, you got me.  Can't get one over you can we?

read the OP. I know you have a habit of not, but do try. I don't mean you have to go to every game

How many games would I go to?  Who would I support?  Would I have the replica kit?  Please let me know, because you clearly know these things better than me.

fine, you would have a preference for absolutely no-one. You would be the most boring cunt around. I can actually see where you're coming from now.

I see, and when Newcaslte aren't playing is everyone in the pub when a match is on the most boring cunt around?  You don't half talk some shite, no-wonder you cannit get any.

didn't get that at all

You seem to be implying taking an interest in football without supporting a team makes you a borning cunt.  Just wondering if this stretches to following matches or leagues which newcastle aren't involved in when you don't actually support any of the teeams invovled?

Guest Invicta_Toon

You mustn't have met many people then, one of my Dads mates is like that, goes to some matches, always watching games on the telly but doesn't have a favourite team.

Do you not follow any football competition newcastle aren't involved in then?  You never take any interest in the lower leagues, champions league, you'll never watch Chelsea Man U or whatever without singing for and supporting one or the other?

Of course I do, but I have a team at the same time. I would hazard a guess the reason those people are like that is because they have never had a club to start with. This thread is about football supporters whose club dissapears.

Easy one for me, Stenhousemuir. I have looked out for their results since I was about 8, because their name is hilarious at that age. They also have a large bumch of Icelandic fans for some unknown region!

Of course I do, but I have a team at the same time. I would hazard a guess the reason those people are like that is because they have never had a club to start with. This thread is about football supporters whose club dissapears.

*Standing at SJP

"Well it was here a minute ago..!!??"

Guest Gemmill

Imagine in 5 years time, you're stood in a pub, start chatting to a stranger, he asks, so who do you support mate?

Are you honestly going to be one of those cunts that says 'I don't follow football', or 'anyone who's playing Sunderland (i.e. a Scottish national team supporting type cunt)'

I'd say "I supported Newcastle, but in a very unusual turn of events they vapourised.  I still follow football but I don't have a favourite team.  What do you mean you simply don't beleive me?"

In what universe is that statement ever used? Who says that? No-one I have ever met in my life has ever said that

How many people have you spoken to who have had the football team they have supported for the first 30 or whatever years of their lives wound up and the stadium sold off, never to exist again?

You see, if you're going to play hypotheticals you have to go the whole hog, Vic.

honestly, it becomes clearer every day that no cunt actually reads posts properly on here

I am speaking hypothetically you prick.  I'm following your post to the letter.  :cheesy:

Guest Invicta_Toon

I know of at least one club that has gone bust and dissapeared 20 years ago. I severly doubt any of their former supporters are still sat in the pub saying they don't follow a team

The problem here is that when people don't come up with the response to your post you want, it's not because they don't understand you.  Hypothetically speaking, if newcastle hypothetically speaking stopped being a football club I would, hypothetically speaking, not have a club I would say I supported.

Guest Gemmill

Vic is totally incapable of accepting that demanding that people treat his question as hypothetical will result in people doing exactly that and responding accordingly.

Guest Invicta_Toon

The problem here is that when people don't come up with the response to your post you want, it's not because they don't understand you.  Hypothetically speaking, if newcastle hypothetically speaking stopped being a football club I would, hypothetically speaking, not have a club I would say I supported.

there is a difference between supported and being totally neutral, not having a favourite of any kind or any team whose progress you follow/results you look out for/defend in the pub

I honestly thought that was clear in the OP

Guest Invicta_Toon

Vic is totally incapable of accepting that demanding that people treat his question as hypothetical will result in people doing exactly that and responding accordingly.

I don't see how the answer being hypothetical changes anything. I've no idea what you're on about here

Guest Gemmill

I don't see how the answer being hypothetical changes anything. I've no idea what you're on about here

You've given people a hypothetical situation.  They've tried to put themself in that situation and all they can picture is that they wouldn't switch to another team.  So they provide you with this hypothetical answer to your hypothetical question, and your response is "Rubbish!  That's not possible!  I don't believe you!"

I think the moral of this story is:  don't ask fucking stupid questions.

there is a difference between supported and being totally neutral, not having a favourite of any kind or any team whose progress you follow/results you look out for/defend in the pub

I honestly thought that was clear in the OP

Your post was completely clear, as was my answer.  However, it's clear you have some form of comprehension problems. At the moment there are some clubs I like more than others but I would not count this as

following/watching/supporting
any of them.

This would still be the case 20 years after Newcastle hypothetically vanished.  I hope this is clear enough for you.