Better side without Parker

Guest @ndy

We are a better side without Roeder trying to turn Parker to "our Gerrard"

Isn't really "our Mascherano" either.

He was brilliant last season i have to say,he is a genuine DMC,the type of players that will tackle everything to win the ball.anyone trying to change that will turn him to a s*** player,and thats what Roeder doing at the moment.

Parker makes twice the amount of tackles as Makelele or Mascherano because he doesn't read the game as well.

He was brilliant last season i have to say,he is a genuine DMC,the type of players that will tackle everything to win the ball.anyone trying to change that will turn him to a s*** player,and thats what Roeder doing at the moment.

Parker makes twice the amount of tackles as Makelele or Mascherano because he doesn't read the game as well.

Yet he wins most of them,he dosn't need to be as  good as those two,but if played in the right postion,Parker is actually a decent player,not the player everyone agreed to hate here..

Or because he is a great engine,has enormous energy,power,will to tackle and to win the ball in all the 90min of the game

I think Parker shouldn't be our captain...Butt is better DM (why do some add C after DM, its not like defensive middfielders will be played on the sides, those are SB (Side Backs) or WB (Wing Backs))

I'll only play Parker as a DM and only when Butt is can't play every game...Emre should partner either of them and make more forward runs and shots...

imo Parkers problem when playing with Emre is that unlike Butt he wants to get forward too much and when he does he gets into Emre's way. Emre isn't the greatest but he's the best we've got so let him do what he can do.

Once he (and present/previous managers) figures out he's not really cut out for the attacking midfielder role he could imo develop into a canny holding one, as the attributes he does do well are more suited to that role.

I just pop in now and then to keep in touch with some of the older members. Have to say that I would hate to be a supporter if we were in danger of relegation. I'd hear the whining in NZ..

Personally I have some sympathy for Roeder with this seasons injuries and even when he has had 11 to pick players are often not in the position they should be  or not 100%  and there is no continuity. Injured players who can't train can't contribute fully. This season has been like the Sunday leagues - lets see who turns up.

It certainly appears now that the only reason we got Martin was otherwise there was nothing - It should have been addressed a year earlier but who's to say it wasn't and there were no takers.

Parker is a problem. He generally gives 100% but thats not enough. When he joined he was excellent in games where he played a holding role but that player has to be a distributor - not a problem in a slower paced league but it is in the Premier. If he plays forward he has to be a play maker - which he is not.

What I want is irrelevant but I don't see him as a regular in a quality defence that can counter attack - he'is a good squad player.

We should have about 36 million to spend - laugh if you like but

Bramble has had a few years and is not good enough for a Prem team that needs a solid defence. He's to reliant on others. Sure, in the right company he is excellent. But thats not good enough.

If you look at the team for next season I see

Owen - theoretically ok.

Amoebi - not good enough with Shearer (didn't fit) and individually not up to it week after week. One more season to improve.

Martins - has the goods and my first choice with Owen.

Carroll

Back up Dyer and the spaniard

Rt wing Milner

Lft  wing Duff and the Spaniard

CM Emre with Butt

Rt Back Nobby

CB Taylor

Goal Harper and Given with Krull as no 3

I know I've missed two defenders but I currently don't rate what we have.

The best of the rest are squad and I include Dyer. Not enough games per dollar.

I just pop in now and then to keep in touch with some of the older members. Have to say that I would hate to be a supporter if we were in danger of relegation. I'd hear the whining in NZ..

Personally I have some sympathy for Roeder with this seasons injuries and even when he has had 11 to pick players are often not in the position they should be  or not 100%  and there is no continuity. Injured players who can't train can't contribute fully. This season has been like the Sunday leagues - lets see who turns up.

It certainly appears now that the only reason we got Martin was otherwise there was nothing - It should have been addressed a year earlier but who's to say it wasn't and there were no takers.

Parker is a problem. He generally gives 100% but thats not enough. When he joined he was excellent in games where he played a holding role but that player has to be a distributor - not a problem in a slower paced league but it is in the Premier. If he plays forward he has to be a play maker - which he is not.

What I want is irrelevant but I don't see him as a regular in a quality defence that can counter attack - he'is a good squad player.

We should have about 36 million to spend - laugh if you like but

Bramble has had a few years and is not good enough for a Prem team that needs a solid defence. He's to reliant on others. Sure, in the right company he is excellent. But thats not good enough.

If you look at the team for next season I see

Owen - theoretically ok.

Amoebi - not good enough with Shearer (didn't fit) and individually not up to it week after week. One more season to improve.

Martins - has the goods and my first choice with Owen.

Carroll

Back up Dyer and the spaniard

Rt wing Milner

Lft  wing Duff and the Spaniard

CM Emre with Butt

Rt Back Nobby

CB Taylor

Goal Harper and Given with Krull as no 3

I know I've missed two defenders but I currently don't rate what we have.

The best of the rest are squad and I include Dyer. Not enough games per dollar.

How exactly you calculated that we will have 36m to spend in the summer?