Boro Press Conference at 1pm

Optimistic Nut

Guest makemeacupoftea

All of you who thinks Woody is that good why dont you tell my why he stayed with Boro?

If he was that good even better then Carvalho why Mourihno didnt try to sign him?

Im not saying he isnt top class Premiership defender but statements like he is better then Carvalho are just pathetic.

Carvalho is one of the most consistent players Chelsea have since Mourihno is their manager

errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr do you think the fact he's pretty much been injured for 75% of the last five seasons might have something to do with it?  Just a thought.

So its not very realistic to say the player who has been injured for the 75% of the last 5 seasons is better then one of the most constant players Chelsea have and also Portugal international 1st team regular who also have won Portuguese Footballer of the Year (2003) and UEFA Best Defender of the Year (2004)

Do you still thinks Woody is better then him?

Yeh in terms of ability he is by far the better player. Carvalho is dodgy sometimes but Cech is there to save him.

And who gives a shit what he's won, he's the only good portugal defender as well

people who thinks Woodgate is better then Carvalho need medical care asap

woodgates a better defender. but carvalhios probly better going forward.

The only one in the world who even begins to come close to a fully fit Woodgate is Cannavaro.

oh my god, you really are pathetic. What has me imagining Dawson playing for Real Madrid have to do with my opinion on Woodgate. Im not trying to compare the two as i know Woodgate is far better but some of your sentences are really irrelavant.

to Soho Square with you.

We're civilised people up here, we don't resort to abuse, when clueless chumps like yourself are talking s****.

Your countless pm's to me say otherwise.

My countless pm's are telling you to vaffanculo and you know they are.

why the hell are some people taking my opinion of Woodgate to heart. All these insults because of my opinion that Woodgate is very good but not "one of the best players in the world". Quite sad really.

Everyone loves to take the piss out of mong.

All of you who thinks Woody is that good why dont you tell my why he stayed with Boro?

If he was that good even better then Carvalho why Mourihno didnt try to sign him?

Im not saying he isnt top class Premiership defender but statements like he is better then Carvalho are just pathetic.

Carvalho is one of the most consistent players Chelsea have since Mourihno is their manager

errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr do you think the fact he's pretty much been injured for 75% of the last five seasons might have something to do with it?  Just a thought.

So its not very realistic to say the player who has been injured for the 75% of the last 5 seasons is better then one of the most constant players Chelsea have and also Portugal international 1st team regular who also have won Portuguese Footballer of the Year (2003) and UEFA Best Defender of the Year (2004)

Yes.

real madrid bought him so he cant be that bad.

I never said he is bad i only said he is not better then Carvalho

also nufc06 why did shearer choose newcastle?

Because at the time we were one of the most entertaining teams in England,we were playing fantastic football,KK was Shearer's idol and also because Newcastle is his hometown club

Guest makemeacupoftea

Yes.

Just an easy yes because he probs can't be bothered to tell you how and why hes better

Yes.

Just an easy yes because he probs can't be bothered to tell you how and why hes better

or because he cant think of any real arguments to prove his point

Guest triggy99

Because at the time we were one of the most entertaining teams in England,we were playing fantastic football,KK was Shearer's idol and also because Newcastle is his hometown club

and boro is woodgates hometown club so why cant he choose to play for them and be one of the best centre backs in the world at the same time?

Guest makemeacupoftea

Yes.

I'm sure he could but he won't want to waste his time talking to retards

Guest kingdawson

Manchester united brought Djemba- Djemba so he cant be that bad, Arsenal bought Grimandi, Stephanovs and jeffers so they cant be that bad, Liverpool bought traore and cheryou so they cant be that bad.

Guest Billy Whitehurst

I think there has to be a distinction between who is better and who has been more valuable to their teams.

I think by virtue of the fact that Carvalho has stayed fit and has been able to play in virtually all matches, Carvalho has been more valuable to his teams due to his lasting contribution.

However, in terms of ability, Woodgate is the better player. Anyone who saw what he did to our backline would struggle to disagree, I don't think Carvalho would have made that impression on our defence.

If Woodgate could guarantee you as many games as Carvalho does, most managers would rather have Woodgate. As he cannot, most managers would rather have Carvalho as ,despite being the inferior player, he will be more valuable than Woodgate to the team because of the number of games he will play.

Guest triggy99

Yes.

also just because carvalhio plays for a better team than woodgate doesnt mean hes a better player than woodgate. henry plays for a worse team than saha but he is still the better player

and boro is woodgates hometown club so why cant he choose to play for them and be one of the best centre backs in the world at the same time?

Yes thats probably his reasons to sign for them

But that means that no top clubs were interested in him which is really strange considering your theory that he is better then Carvalho.

I highly doubt that if Chelsea,Arsenal,Man Utd made an offer for him he would choose Boro

Guest triggy99

Manchester united brought Djemba- Djemba so he cant be that bad, Arsenal bought Grimandi, Stephanovs and jeffers so they cant be that bad, Liverpool bought traore and cheryou so they cant be that bad.

real madrid unlike most other clubs mainly only but the best players around at the time and not rubbish like who you have just mentioned, some good examples are figo, zidane, ronaldo, cannavaro, woodgate, etc.

Guest triggy99

Yes thats probably his reasons to sign for them

But that means that no top clubs were interested in him which is really strange considering your theory that he is better then Carvalho.

I highly doubt that if Chelsea,Arsenal,Man Utd made an offer for him he would choose Boro

how do you know? did you ask him that? DONT THINK SO!!! so you cant just assume that

Let's face it NUFC06 - Woody's not in the class of Trifon Ivanov is he?

http://worldcup.uk.msn.com/pidl/112753788/TrifonIvanov1.jpg

hahahahaha

that pic is legendary

When it comes to how creepy defenders looks like Trifon Ivanov is world champion

hahahahaha

that pic is legendary

When it comes to how creepy defenders looks like Trifon Ivanov is world champion

He looks like he's drunk 10 bottles of buckfast in one go, been thrown in a cellar like the gimp off Pulp Fiction, held there for 2 weeks without water, then given a couple of shots of smack, and a can of red bull.  I thought Bulgarians were supposed to be good looking.

hahahahaha

that pic is legendary

He looks like he's drunk 10 bottles of buckfast in one go, been thrown in a cellar like the gimp off Pulp Fiction, held there for 2 weeks without water, then given a couple of shots of smack, and a can of red bull.  I thought Bulgarians were supposed to be good looking.

We are :angel:

But every rule has an exception

hahahahaha

that pic is legendary

Dunno like. "Bulgarian women" and "shotputter" are often found in the same sentence.

hahahahaha

that pic is legendary

Dunno like. "Bulgarian women" and "shotputter" are often found in the same sentence.

what is shotputter?