England 2010?

Guest smoggeordie

lol, seriously, this is friggin South Africa not Uganda or something. In the larger metropolitan centers it's really closer to Europe.

This is NOT some lawless war-torn shambles like some other African countries are. According to IMF, the place is wealthier than the Netherlands, Belgium, or Sweden.

The less developed areas certainly have crime problems, but from what I can tell they don't really seem to be any worse than say, southern Italy.

As long as the organizing committee does their job (admittedly not a sure thing), the tournament will be just fine.

My mate is on the verge of going to prison in South Africa for death by dangerous driving.  :o

He's confident he'll get away with it though, reckons the police/judicial system is so corrupt he can bribe his way out of it.

Guest DavB93

South Africa is a very dangerous country.

I've been to South Africa twice and had no trouble at all, wish people would stop talking bollocks when they don't know what they are going on about.

Guest jamesmartinsmith

lol, seriously, this is friggin South Africa not Uganda or something. In the larger metropolitan centers it's really closer to Europe.

This is NOT some lawless war-torn shambles like some other African countries are. According to IMF, the place is wealthier than the Netherlands, Belgium, or Sweden.

The less developed areas certainly have crime problems, but from what I can tell they don't really seem to be any worse than say, southern Italy.

As long as the organizing committee does their job (admittedly not a sure thing), the tournament will be just fine.

HAHA.

South Africa may have more ''wealth'' than Netherlands, Belgium or Sweden. But it is by no means as developed, and the standard of living and quality of living cannot compare to Western European nations. Please do not say shit like this to a Global Economics Degree student.

HAHA.

South Africa may have more ''wealth'' than Netherlands, Belgium or Sweden. But it is by no means as developed, and the standard of living and quality of living cannot compare to Western European nations. Please do not say s*** like this to a Global Economics Degree student.

When did I say that quality of living was better there than in N/B/S?

I was just making the point that the place is really not the shithole that you're making it out to be.

Don't need to be a "Global Economics Degree student :cheesy:" to figure that out.

Really sir, being a random undergrad who's just happened to take a couple ec courses does not give you any more authority than anyone else on this board.  :rolleyes: