England 2010?

Guest smoggeordie

Hasn't South Africa got the 2nd highest murder rate per capita after Colombia?

Close - you forgot India and Russia in 1st & 2nd

If you walk into a township and start winding up the blacks then yes chances are you'll get diced...

... but if you're not flashing your cash or acting like an English tosser on holiday you'll be fine.

Cape Town - best party city in the world imho

Eastern Cape - beautiful

If you don't wanna go then fine please leave the Sun, Sand, Sea, Sharks & Safari to me & my family ... 8)

That sounds made up. I seriously doubt Russia has a higher murder rate per capita and there's no way in the world India does.

Guest graemeh72

Bloke I know got mugged at the cashpoint for a few hundred quid.  He's a little French tosspot though, so I'm gonna let South Africa off with that one.

A few hundrew quid is quite a lot to an unemployed black from the township, and even the employed only earn about R40 per day (£2.50).

So when somebody withdraws £200 quid from a cashpoint (God knows why he's need £200 worth of cash in Africa mind), it can get quite a bit of attention!

----

I can understand why some of you are scared and fearful of all this crime rubbish - after all guns are legal.

but for gods sake, you've been brought up in Newcastle...you should know how to avoid or attract trouble by now.

Stay smart - keep your nose away from the townships and you'd have the party of your life!

Guest Gemmill

but for gods sake, you've been brought up in Newcastle...you should know how to avoid or attract trouble by now.

:lol: He sends one of yours to the first aid room, you send one of his to the RVI!  That's the Newcastle way!

Bloke I know got mugged at the cashpoint for a few hundred quid.  He's a little French tosspot though, so I'm gonna let South Africa off with that one.

A few hundrew quid is quite a lot to an unemployed black from the township, and even the employed only earn about R40 per day (£2.50).

So when somebody withdraws £200 quid from a cashpoint (God knows why he's need £200 worth of cash in Africa mind), it can get quite a bit of attention!

----

I can understand why some of you are scared and fearful of all this crime rubbish - after all guns are legal.

Stay smart - keep your nose away from the townships and you'd have the party of your life!

A woman is raped in South Africa every 26 seconds. (according to Powa which is a lot more accurate than your ignorant views)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/4713172.stm

Nice Country BTW  :thup:

Guest stormrider

----

A woman is raped in South Africa every 26 seconds. (according to Powa which is a lot more accurate than your ignorant views)

wouldn't call it a country. it's a monkey farm.

Guest graemeh72

Personally, I think South Africa will put on a good show.

I'm a regular traveller down there and although there are things to look out for, I think it'll be decently run thing.

A couple of years ago I thought that SA would have no hope of putting on a decent WC - but after my last visit in Feb I've really changed my mind.

Fifa and the SA Govt are really behind WC2010, are so are the people - they des[erately want to show that they can put on a good show.

Fifa want an African World Cup - and I think will move heaven and earth to make it happen.

Transport and petty crime may be issues - but the Rugby World Cup went well so it can be done.

South Africa is a beautiful country, and has come a long way in the past few decades.

To call it a "scummy continent" quite frankly smacks of ignorance. "Toon's Taylor" You quite obviously haven't been to the East Coast of SA, the winelands or the garden route.

Take it up with someone who gives a s***.

mackems.gif @ 'Petty crime'

You total and utter deluded fool.

Have you ever been to South Africa?

or do you just sit in Whitley Bay dreaming of your next holiday to some grubby Spanish island?

World Cup 2010 - I'll be there having a hoot -  you can just watch it go by on your  flat screen !

Cheers  :D

I'm a regular traveller down there and although there are things to look out for, I think it'll be decently run thing.

A couple of years ago I thought that SA would have no hope of putting on a decent WC - but after my last visit in Feb I've really changed my mind.

Fifa and the SA Govt are really behind WC2010, are so are the people - they des[erately want to show that they can put on a good show.

Fifa want an African World Cup - and I think will move heaven and earth to make it happen.

Transport and petty crime may be issues - but the Rugby World Cup went well so it can be done.

South Africa is a beautiful country, and has come a long way in the past few decades.

To call it a "scummy continent" quite frankly smacks of ignorance. "Toon's Taylor" You quite obviously haven't been to the East Coast of SA, the winelands or the garden route.

or do you just sit in Whitley Bay dreaming of your next holiday to some grubby Spanish island?

World Cup 2010 - I'll be there having a hoot -  you can just watch it go by on your  flat screen !

Cheers  :D

No i haven't been to S Africa, its why am alive, with my wallet and haven't been raped and given AIDS.

Guest graemeh72

World Cup 2010 - I'll be there having a hoot -  you can just watch it go by on your  flat screen !

No i haven't been to S Africa, its why am alive, with my wallet and haven't been raped and given AIDS.

You've managed a lobotomy though I see

10, 11 at a push?

Guessing your age, give me a clue?

Certainly hope it goes to SA as we won't be ready to put on a decent show by 2010. St James' could well be dominated by cranes in 2010, Stanley Park wouldn't be ready and we would have to play games at third world grounds like Elland Road and Goodison Park.

----

wouldn't call it a country. it's a monkey farm.

100% N-O free.

Guest optimistic nit

10, 11 at a push?

using logic i would put it at mid to late 20's, judging by the fact he's been to SA.

10, 11 at a push?

using logic i would put it at mid to late 20's, judging by the fact he's been to SA.

Yeah, cos they don't allow anyone in under the age of 25. :lol:

Guest graemeh72

10, 11 at a push?

Brilliant! Its a guess my age comp

slightly fuzzy logic though

• 1 month later...
Guest Novocastrian

Well I've been to South Africa, which is the most beautiful country I have visited, and it's a fantastic place. It's safe enough as long as you take fairly simple precautions. I wasn't a victim of crime and I never felt threatened but I knew if I strayed into the wrong area or drew too much attention to myself with wads of cash etc I could easily make myself a target.

Keep an eye on your money and watch where you go, in that sense it's no different from 90% of the planet. If that's too much for you stay at home and surf the internet.

Guest jamesmartinsmith

It's an incredible country I'm not denying that. But aside from it's aesthetic natural beauty it can prove to be a very dangerous place.

I went 2 years ago and yes HIV rates are high, but it's highly unlikely someone will grab you, bend you over and give you a good seeing to. So you don't need to worry about that. Crime is prevalent in the major cities, like the rest of the world you may say.

BUT, muggers will target us when we go over to the world cup and on holiday. Somebody in our hotel from Germany was mugged, he was not stabbed or injured in any way but he did lose belongings.

It is one of the most dangerous countries in the World - Full stop. But that will not stop me going to my first World Cup.

Guest youngster

Hmm, I live in South Africa and not sure if it will be ready for 2010, some of the proposed stadiums have hardly started being built.. I think crime is also an issue especially with the final supposed to take place at the FNB stadium which is in the middle of Soweto and even Ellis Park is in an extremely dodgy part of Joburg.. Cape Town should be fine though, go there..

oh boy, im absolutely shocked at some of the comments on this thread.

Ive been a reader of these forums for a long time and not posted anything, but thought today would be the day i jump in.

Im a South African. Living in South Africa.

Ive been an NUFC supporter since i can remember, and been to St James a few times. Lived in the UK for 3 years.

I cant believe some of the ignorance and absolute stupidity in some of the comments.

Ive lived in South Africa for 32 years and have not ever been a victim of crime. period.

So the idea that WHEN we host the world cup everyone should live in fear is stupid.

Dont forget, South Africa has hosted Rugby World Cup, Cricket World Cup, Common Wealth Games, All Africa Games, the African Nations Cup etc

Not too many huge conferences that bring in 10s of thousands of people.

We can definately host the event, and those Sepp Blatter reports are mischievous media interpretations.

Unless an earthquake hits South africa and destroys all the stadia, there we be no other country hosting but us...

Lastly, Have some flippen compassion. There are other countries in the world that are struggling with poverty, aids, crime etc

Yes, we are one of them.

But what better way to help lift the spirits of our country and of our Continent than to support an African World Cup.

The Amount of investment that would come into the country is going to help us alot. Its not just about the Stadiums.

Our aiports and public transport are being upgraded. Our Telecoms are being upgraded. Hotels, Tourist attractions are all being upgraded.

African Footballers have given so much to the world.

Soccer/Football is so important to Africans, and a world cup is not a world cup without and African country hosting it.

If you guys could have seen this county, 2 years after 1993 elections, when we won the Rugby world cup. it was amazing. a nation re-united.

blacks and whites embrasing in the streets... i get teary thinking back to that..

This world cup can help us.

I plead to my fellow NUFC supports to show some compassion to our amazing continent.

South Africa is on the verge of something special. No time for negativity.

We are growing. We need to work together. And we need the support of our friends in 1st world countries.

Im sorry that my first post had to be this one.

NUFC till i die :)