Pools Panel. What the f*ck?!

Has that ever happened before? On the classified results,

"Arsenal v Chelsea. Match postponed. Pools panel verdict, no result, too close to call".

So Gordon Banks or Tony Green or whoever does it couldn't just say, "well Chelsea are stuttering, Arsenal's season's over. Score draw", rather than using a computer!

So Gordon Banks or Tony Green or whoever does it couldn't just say, "well Chelsea are stuttering, Arsenal's season's over. Score draw", rather than using a computer!

If that was the case, the Pools wouldn't be a legal form of gambling.

In that case then. the Pools has never been a legal form of gambling then because I'm pretty sure all the Pools Panel is, is a group of ex-footballers who say what they think will happen.

In that case then. the Pools has never been a legal form of gambling then because I'm pretty sure all the Pools Panel is, is a group of ex-footballers who say what they think will happen.

Perhaps I misunderstand how the pools is done. I thought it was all computerised statistical analysis.

Perhaps I misunderstand how the pools is done. I thought it was all computerised statistical analysis.

I'm pretty sure I saw an interview from Tony Green about it.

I'm pretty sure I saw an interview from Tony Green about it.

Just checked, you are right, it is a panel of ex-players.

Very much a case of Nut 17 - 0 Taylor27 I think.