Not at all optimistic

stozo

Guest Kenton Magpie

He wasnt sacked - he resigned regardless of the fact the sacking was looming

I'm less than convinced that Big Sam is the man for the job but guess we need to be realistic, we are kidding oursleves if the likes of Hiddink etc will be interested.  Its a shame but Allardyce may be the best we can hope for.

Ericksson?

Again, to be honest I'm not sure, he was truly dreadful with England and his achievments before that were either a long time ago or helped by a lot of money.  Though as I said, I don't think we are in a position where the choice will be vast.  I don't envy Shepherd, the mistakes he has made over the last 2/3 years are coming back to haunt him and made his next decision a very difficult one. 

England played bad under him but afterall he was unfortunate not to achieve something with England

2002 World Cup=Seaman blunder  against Brazil

2004 European Championship=Portugal penalty kicks elimination

2006 World Cup=Portugal penalty kicks elimination

At club level he has impressive CV and has won trophies at every club he worked at.

Also only at Lazio he managed to win things due to alot of money.

I think he is our best option

Compared with Allardyce he is more experienced,worked at bigger clubs and won alot of trophies

the reason he underachieved at England was awful tactics and the awful pairing of Lampard + Gerrard

at Lazio he won things as you say thanks to a lot of money

agree about Lampard+Gerrard

Still think that he didnt do too bad job as England manager

With some luck he could have achieved something more.

Right time no doubt. Our prospective manager will also have a competitive match to watch this sunday to have a look at his players and who he might want to keep and cull.

Im not sold on Allardyce but he is easily the best English Manager at the moment. SGE would be an impressive appointment but like big sam hardly and inspiring one, does he have the passion for the club and next seasons derbies?

Its definatley a shame all the scouting for the summer was wasted, but there is nothing to say the list of names compiled and people spoken to wont be handed over to our new manager.

Whoever comes in will also have a new list of names so in effect we double our scouting.

Wonder if this means the tour of the states is back on?