Bitter Wanderers

Thespence

That just reads like bitter bollocks to me, BD.  Perhaps Bolton fans should be more concerned at Gartside "doing a Shepherd" and appointing a bloke who, at best, should be a caretaker as their full time manager.  Seems funny that this lot are all of a sudden turning on a bloke who's worked wonders with a small-town, smalltime club - it's understandable I suppose, but it lacks credibility.

Maybe he feels sorry for him due to the accident he once had causing all of his burns on his face?

That just reads like bitter bollocks to me, BD.  Perhaps Bolton fans should be more concerned at Gartside "doing a Shepherd" and appointing a bloke who, at best, should be a caretaker as their full time manager.  Seems funny that this lot are all of a sudden turning on a bloke who's worked wonders with a small-town, smalltime club - it's understandable I suppose, but it lacks credibility.

Aye, compared to the Blackburn folks who all seemed to sport astonished grins, the bitterness shines through a damn sight more from this lot to be fair. Some valid points have been brought up as to his recent form or the quality of his assembled players mind, but there is little doubt that if Robson had jumped ship at some point, we would seen plenty of his faults brought up on here also in an attempt to try and soften the blow.

Just talked to a collegue of a bloke who used to work with Alladyce at Bolton and is now at Wigan and he really doesn't rate Sam or his football at all. Again, could be just bitter but classes him as a bit of a bully in the same mold as Souness but with less depth to him, and that Newcastle will be a real test for Allardyce.

Ah well, we'll just have to wait and see. As long as he gets the right staff around him I'm still certainly willing to give a character like Allardyce a lot more time than I ever afforded to the last two mangers.

Getting rid of your manager is an odd thing to do with one game of the season to go, but given Freddy Shepherd`s record on appointments it`s hardly surprising.

But getting rid of your manager 2 games before the end of the season when you have Europe to play for is so much better right? :lol:  At least we had nothing to play for when Freddy sacked Roeder, the season was over.  This lot of muppets sacked the man who's dragged them up the table 2 games before he likely would have gotten them into Europe.  Now they're looking like sliding right back down again after being beaten handily by West Ham of all teams...

Back in Bolton, the first team is a mess. The defence is a shambles, there are gaping holes in midfield, the strikers don`t pass the ball to each other and morale is on the floor. The UEFA spot that should have been sealed weeks ago is in danger of slipping away. Would you really want to appoint the man who left his previous club in such a state?

Such a state?..  He's left a Championship club 6th in the Premiership, Bolton fans need to get a reality check!

Some more pearls:

Sam was true to his word - he is having a break from football when he goes to newcastle!

Newcastle have moved quickly to halt rumours of a rift between Big Sam and Alan Shearer.

A club spokesman said, "It's ridiculous to suggest that there is a personality clash between the two, everyone at the club knows that Shearer hasn't got one."

Link  http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/wanderers/wanderersnews/display.var.1394514.0.sam_in_talks_with_shepherd.php