Big thanks to Newcastle fans. Signed: Glenn Roeder

Guest SLK

Guest NIToon

nice gesture - and i really think he means it

so he was making the previous stuff up? Either way, he's full of s**** at some point.

Get to f***, Roeder,you cretin.

He's crap a manager but I don't doubt his sincerity towards the club. Give him a break. You got what you want, he's no longer manager, so is it too hard for you to just be bit more gracious?

Still, it's the club's loss - thought he was doing a fine job at the Academy. Shepherd should have appointed a proper manager right from the start, rather than taking the risk with Roeder.

I agree Yoshi, I was never a fan of the appointment in the first place but I think there could still be a place for him in the academy.  I reckon Roeder is probably a decent enough coach but a useless manager.

nice gesture - and i really think he means it

so he was making the previous stuff up? Either way, he's full of s**** at some point.

Get to f***, Roeder,you cretin.

He's crap a manager but I don't doubt his sincerity towards the club. Give him a break. You got what you want, he's no longer manager, so is it too hard for you to just be bit more gracious?

Still, it's the club's loss - thought he was doing a fine job at the Academy. Shepherd should have appointed a proper manager right from the start, rather than taking the risk with Roeder.

I agree Yoshi, I was never a fan of the appointment in the first place but I think there could still be a place for him in the academy.  I reckon Roeder is probably a decent enough coach but a useless manager.

A decent coach? How and when exactly has he proven that?

As for being gracious, thats a bit stupid, is it not? The man was a cretin of the highest order, him having left does not change that.

I woudn't have him back in any capacity.

here we go again.. the man is not a 'nice bloke'.. he's the type of person that'd blame it all on the others, he turned his back on the players and fans a long time ago in his interviews, which were designed to please those that could fire him. remember 'nobody better was available' after the transfer windows or 'nobody could've done a better job', or talking about next season's plans hours before he 'resigned'.. of course he'll come up with some nice words, just to put a nice spin on things.. well, it's too late, cause everybody knows he failed because of his incompetence and lack of character

here we go again.. the man is not a 'nice bloke'.. he's the type of person that'd blame it all on the others, he turned his back on the players and fans a long time ago in his interviews, which were designed to please those that could fire him. remember 'nobody better was available' after the transfer windows or 'nobody could've done a better job', or talking about next season's plans hours before he 'resigned'.. of course he'll come up with some nice words, just to put a nice spin on things.. well, it's too late, cause everybody knows he failed because of his incompetence and lack of character

Guest Brewcastle

Too nice to be a manager imo.Obviously not respected by players,he was fine when he had no choice in ter,s of team selection but was awful when he did.The softly softly approach in direct contrast to Souness' rod of iron eventually was his downfall.Think that he genuinely does love NUFC though and hope he succeeds in whatever he does now.

Agree!

One year ago Roeder was praised, and many supporters wanted him as the permanent manager. A great honour for a caretaker. No doubt abot that Roeder loves the club and only want the best for NUFC. So when he took the job it was surly with the best intentions. Nobody could dream about all the problems (injuries, lazy players etc.) Roeder had to handle during season 2006/2007.

OK, maybe he failed with some tactics. The results were bad, the players loyalty were at a point like zero, so it's to understand Roeder resigned. But it was a fair try, and he was hailed into the job. So he doesn't deserve all that bad comments some supporters now are serving.

Best wishes for his future!

It'd be interesting to know what he saw as 'the changes so urgently required'.

Well he has mentioned a lot of things previously. He talked about reshaping the backroom staff, he got Freddy to install that camera-analysis system, he mentioned several times that we need to rebuild our scouting system and he did build our academy.

Guest Brazilianbob

I have never supported the original appointment of Glen Roeder, but following his departure I have come to the conclusion that there are some f*cking obnoxious w*nkers on here who clearly like to "big themselves up" whilst hiding behind a keyboard.

I'd like to see them on a one on one situation with Glen Roeder and hear them repeat what they post about him on here.

I can see it now, "Ooh Mr Roeder, I am really sorry you lost your job, you were really unlucky with injuries!" 

Two faced t*ats the lot of em!

I have never supported the original appointment of Glen Roeder, but following his departure I have come to the conclusion that there are some f*cking obnoxious w*nkers on here who clearly like to "big themselves up" whilst hiding behind a keyboard.

I'd like to see them on a one on one situation with Glen Roeder and hear them repeat what they post about him on here.

I can see it now, "Ooh Mr Roeder, I am really sorry you lost your job, you were really unlucky with injuries!" 

Two faced t*ats the lot of em!

:lol:

Serious?  Why wouldn't anyone say bad things to him if that's how they feel?  He's not exactly an intimidating man is he?  He's not exactly done anything to respect?  If you saw him, you wouldn't hurl abuse at him simply because there's no cause for making a scene.

A gentle pat on the fanny and a "hard luck" is what he'd get from me.

one on one with the man who never fears anything?

i wouldn't handle it personally.. i think i'm going to run as fast as i can

I just think its sad that some people seem to have hatred towards him when our big problems quite clearly stem from Souness. Even the signing we thought couldn't go wrong is gonna piss on us now by the looks of it. Owen's injuries aren't Souness's fault, but its just another part of his legacy. Yet another massive loss on a player. Roeder just wasn't the man at all for the job but i don't blame him or hold anything against him at all. Souness on the other hand...

Guest Brazilianbob

Souness!!!!!....goes without saying really, but is Allardyce really any better?  I have my reservations, but they are a far cry from my utter disbelief at Souness's appointment !!!