Owen To Leave?

Dinho lad

I'd be happy for there to be a release clause as I'd love to see MO playing regularly at WHL, I think he and Berbatov would be a superb partnership. 

PMSL you can't keep hold of decent players, Carrick was off at the first opportunity.  I'd be amazed if a) Owen isn't here next season and b) Berbatov is still at Spurs and c) not even the great Arthur C Clarke could write such an unbelievable story as Michael Owen leaving Newcastle for a little club like Spurs.

Why would you be amazed if Owen left you?. You think bottom half premiership finishes are good enough for a striker like him?

After 12 games??  Trust me he's going no where for now.  You think playing for a club who rarely sold out throughout the 90's, employed Christian Gross as manager, couldn't sell out a deby against Arsenal this year, was sponsored by PONY, who brung 400 here in 1999, and who have finished in the top five once in 16 years is good enough for Berbatov?  DB is good as gone, I'll give you 6/4 now he stays.

Gross might have been crap for Spurs but he's proven himself on the Continent.  Souness has been a failure most places he goes and at least Gross didn't blow the best part of £50m on an assorted collection of failures.

I've never said I think Owen will leave, but assuming he stays, what are his ambitions? Win the premiership?  Top 4?  Top half?

Whats anyone's ambitions at Spurs then?

To improve results season upon season and improve the squad for continued improvement in results.  That's been achieved for each year that Levy has been in charge.  Still a long way to go to break into the top 4.

A couple of points away last season....

Flash in the pan or going backwards??? :rolleyes:

We've broken the top four mould in the past, and we can again, I can't see Spurs ever doing it.

It's not gonna get any easier with all these investors and takeovers at clubs though.

But it could become easier if the investors and takeovers take place at the club you support.  Both Newcastle and Spurs have been the subject of speculation and still remain attractive to possible takeovers.  Whether you'd wish to see an Abramovich type figure at the helm, everyone has different opinions.  Personally I don't.

I remember when he bought the tube ticket "to be just like the Tottenham fans".  He had the right amount of hair to be like your typical 40-50 odd year old Spurs fan, but he was less annoying and 7 stone lighter. 

Why bring Souness in to it?   Owen's ambition for this year should be to get fit, and score the goals he's been brought here to score, and hopefully next summer, we're in a better position to challenge for top 4.

No different to bringing Gross into the topic tbh.  But, as you did, I compared Gross's failure at Spurs to Souness's at Newcastle.

...but you're old, you should know better than to become embroiled in "tit for tat" arguments.  Martin Jol do you know Alan_Keys?

Guest kingdawson

I'd be happy for there to be a release clause as I'd love to see MO playing regularly at WHL, I think he and Berbatov would be a superb partnership. 

PMSL you can't keep hold of decent players, Carrick was off at the first opportunity.  I'd be amazed if a) Owen isn't here next season and b) Berbatov is still at Spurs and c) not even the great Arthur C Clarke could write such an unbelievable story as Michael Owen leaving Newcastle for a little club like Spurs.

Why would you be amazed if Owen left you?. You think bottom half premiership finishes are good enough for a striker like him?

After 12 games??  Trust me he's going no where for now.  You think playing for a club who rarely sold out throughout the 90's, employed Christian Gross as manager, couldn't sell out a deby against Arsenal this year, was sponsored by PONY, who brung 400 here in 1999, and who have finished in the top five once in 16 years is good enough for Berbatov?  DB is good as gone, I'll give you 6/4 now he stays.

To list all of Newcastles failures throughout the years would be like writing an essay so im not going to bother this time. Your a class A comedian when you say you cant see spurs breaking into the top 4 yet you have the audacity to hope Newcastle will. The nerve of you and your black and white specs. Even Arse and hammer fans dont have such an irrational hatred for spurs that they have to start chatting a load of rubbish.

To list all of Newcastles failures throughout the years would be like writing an essay so im not going to bother this time. Your* a class A comedian when you say you cant see spurs breaking into the top 4 yet you have the audacity to hope Newcastle will. The nerve of you and your black and white specs. Even Arse and hammer fans dont have such an irrational hatred for spurs that they have to start chatting a load of rubbish.

We've done it before, we'll do it again, because by almost any definition we're a bigger club than Tottenham Hotspur.  You've never done it and as the joke goes the only time you'll see Spurs in the Champions League is when you switch the XBOX on.

*you're so horrifically dense

Guest kingdawson

Gross might have been crap for Spurs but he's proven himself on the Continent.  Souness has been a failure most places he goes and at least Gross didn't blow the best part of £50m on an assorted collection of failures.

I've never said I think Owen will leave, but assuming he stays, what are his ambitions? Win the premiership?  Top 4?  Top half?

To improve results season upon season and improve the squad for continued improvement in results.  That's been achieved for each year that Levy has been in charge.  Still a long way to go to break into the top 4.

Last season = 5th place finish, knocked out 3rd round of both domestic competitions.

This season = probable top 6 finish, f.a cup quarter final, uefa quarter final, carling cup semi's.

yep definatly an improvement imo.

A poor Arsenal season together with getting knocked out of both Cups at the first hurdle saw us get close to 4th.  That position made a lot of people think we had improved more than we had.  This season hopefully we will finish around the same position with a similar number of points but also had the extra matches from 3 good Cup runs.  Also, we've had injuries this season, we had very few last season.

Overall, I would say that we've progressed again.

UEFA CUP QUARTER FINAL PMSL.  We got to the semi's without even trying, and the quarters the next year finishing 14th in the league.  What an achievement UEFA CUP QUARTER FINAL  ;D

It never ceases to amaze me the amount of time you two cunts spend on this board.  It's ridiculous.  I guarantee you post more on here than any other board.  Tottenham to us are like Hartlepool to you, why bother?

Guest kingdawson

To list all of Newcastles failures throughout the years would be like writing an essay so im not going to bother this time. Your* a class A comedian when you say you cant see spurs breaking into the top 4 yet you have the audacity to hope Newcastle will. The nerve of you and your black and white specs. Even Arse and hammer fans dont have such an irrational hatred for spurs that they have to start chatting a load of rubbish.

We've done it before, we'll do it again, because by almost any definition we're a bigger club than Tottenham Hotspur.  You've never done it and as the joke goes the only time you'll see Spurs in the Champions League is when you switch the XBOX on.

*you're so horrifically dense

Yeh except probably the main way of defining a big club which is the amount of trophies youve won :rolleyes:

I see your logic now, because you qualified for the champions leage about 4-5 seasons ago, you're bound to do it again :rolleyes:

I remember when he bought the tube ticket "to be just like the Tottenham fans".  He had the right amount of hair to be like your typical 40-50 odd year old Spurs fan, but he was less annoying and 7 stone lighter. 

Why bring Souness in to it?   Owen's ambition for this year should be to get fit, and score the goals he's been brought here to score, and hopefully next summer, we're in a better position to challenge for top 4.

No different to bringing Gross into the topic tbh.  But, as you did, I compared Gross's failure at Spurs to Souness's at Newcastle.

...but you're old, you should know better than to become embroiled in "tit for tat" arguments.  Martin Jol do you know Alan_Keys?

Not a 'tit for tat' argument, simply comparing like with like.  No argument when there is no judgement made of who was better.  Alan Keys?  Not personally.

Guest kingdawson

UEFA CUP QUARTER FINAL PMSL.  We got to the semi's without even trying, and the quarters the next year finishing 14th in the league.   What an achievement UEFA CUP QUARTER FINAL  ;D

who's boasting about it? stop getting so excited, its not really healthy.

UEFA CUP QUARTER FINAL PMSL.  We got to the semi's without even trying, and the quarters the next year finishing 14th in the league.   What an achievement UEFA CUP QUARTER FINAL  ;D

Semi finals this season?  Or historically?  If we're talking historically, Spurs' success in the Uefa Cup goes beyond the semi final tbh.

Progress in the Cups in misleading like.  :lol:

Fucking Plymouth made the QF of the FA Cup too....

Lost to the first good team they played in the UEFA Cup (EDIT: Not forgetting the bye they got  :lol:)....

Man. U took the Carling Cup so seriously Southend knocked them out...

Christ, we've had a shite season and we did them home & away...

Going backwards lads. 

and???  In the last 3 years we've been to an UEFA Cup Semi Final.  You wouldn't have even won anyway if the ref hadn't have been bribed in the semi between Forest and Anderlecht, as they'd have pissed on you.

Guest kingdawson

and???  In the last 3 years we've been to an UEFA Cup Semi Final.  You wouldn't have even won anyway if the ref hadn't have been bribed in the semi between Forest and Anderlecht, as they'd have pissed on you.

mackems.gif mackems.gif what a joker you are. A real comedian. :clap:

It never ceases to amaze me the amount of time you two cunts spend on this board.  It's ridiculous.  I guarantee you post more on here than any other board.  Tottenham to us are like Hartlepool to you, why bother?

It never ceases to amaze me how much time you spend arguing with them

Guest kingdawson

f****** Plymouth made the QF of the FA Cup too....

Lost to the first good team they played in the UEFA Cup....

Christ, we've had a s**** season and we did them home & away...

Going backwards lads. 

Was just making a point that all the extra matches dosent seem to have effected our league form much.

It never ceases to amaze me the amount of time you two c***s spend on this board.  It's ridiculous.  I guarantee you post more on here than any other board.  Tottenham to us are like Hartlepool to you, why bother?

You've always got some comment to make you.

mackems.gif mackems.gif what a joker you are. A real comedian. :clap:

Were Forest a better team than Spurs in 1984?

f****** Plymouth made the QF of the FA Cup too....

Lost to the first good team they played in the UEFA Cup....

Christ, we've had a s**** season and we did them home & away...

Going backwards lads. 

Was just making a point that all the extra matches dosent seem to have effected our league form much.

So a few points from 4th to probable 6th is an improvement?  :nope:

Guest kingdawson

It never ceases to amaze me the amount of time you two c***s spend on this board.  It's ridiculous.  I guarantee you post more on here than any other board.  Tottenham to us are like Hartlepool to you, why bother?

He's right tbh. You constantly go on about how insignificant we are to you yet youre usually the one bringing us up and commenting about us. Weird for someone that isnt supposed to care about us :idiot2:. Hell you even had a quote about spurs on your sign. ;D.

A joke you are my friend ;D.

He's right tbh. You constantly go on about how significant we are to you yet youre usually the one bringing us up and commenting about us. Weird for someone that isnt supposed to care about us :idiot2:. Hell you even had a quote about spurs on your sign. ;D.

A joke you are my friend ;D.

;D INSIGNFICANT you idiot