Fat Fred Speaks About Owen Loyalty...................

Guest nufc_geordie

First thing I thought of when I saw this article was when Bobby Robson came out on Sky after the Norwich game bragging, "not even Manchester United can afford Rooney". 3 days later, Manchester United bought Rooney.

Why the f*ck do we persist in shooting ourselves in the foot?

Can anyone blame Owen wanting to move? Just look at Saturday he must have looked at team mates like Bramble, Carr, Ameobi and thought to himself what the fuck has happened to him and how low his career has gone. Then doing a lap of honour in a 90% empty stadium with booing as they walked round  :lol:

Only reason he might stay is just the guilt factor that he has to 'owe' us for spending £17m and giving him millions in wages and to get such little return off him. At the end of the day he will have to think of his career and not sentiment and although it will piss us off he will only have to come back to SJP once a year

Guest TheOrder

No love loss at all. I'd rather rebuild without the cunt. Tara :thup:

Mind I'd rather rebuild without Sheperd annal like. :knuppel2:

Well said Freddy.

No.  He's an idiot.  The Chairman of a PLC taunting his company's most valuable asset in the press.  Moronic.

Couldn't have put it better myself, Gemmill.

Wish the stupid fucker would just learn to zip it. What a colossal prick he is.

Can anyone blame Owen wanting to move? Just look at Saturday he must have looked at team mates like Bramble, Carr, Ameobi and thought to himself what the fuck has happened to him and how low his career has gone. Then doing a lap of honour in a 90% empty stadium with booing as they walked round  :lol:

Only reason he might stay is just the guilt factor that he has to 'owe' us for spending £17m and giving him millions in wages and to get such little return off him. At the end of the day he will have to think of his career and not sentiment and although it will piss us off he will only have to come back to SJP once a year

Also, this. Spot on.

Guest TheOrder

Well said Freddy.

No.  He's an idiot.  The Chairman of a PLC taunting his company's most valuable asset in the press.  Moronic.

Couldn't have put it better myself, Gemmill.

Wish the stupid fucker would just learn to zip it. What a colossal prick he is.

Taunting? Hardly.

Gemmill you fucking spastic, you've got the BAD aids.

Thats a taunt :)

Exactly. He came it at a time when things did look good. We'd just signed Boumsong in the January who was looking canny, in came Emre & Parker, and then Luque who he'd have known all about from his Real Madrid days. Two years on, there's just nothing going for us apart from the hope a new manager shakes things up.

Guest Brazilianbob

What concerns me is that Shepherd is telling Owen that none of the top four are interested, but he seems to have completely overlooked the fact that Owen moving to a team finishing 5th, 6th, 7th, or 8th would be a big step up for Owen and would likely propel that club into the top four.

I believe Shepherd is trying to get Owen to refute these rumours, simply because of the detrimental effect it could have on season ticket sales.  No more, no less!

Guest graemeh72

What concerns me is that Shepherd is telling Owen that none of the top four are interested, but he seems to have completely overlooked the fact that Owen moving to a team finishing 5th, 6th, 7th, or 8th would be a big step up for Owen and would likely propel that club into the top four.

I believe Shepherd is trying to get Owen to refute these rumours, simply because of the detrimental effect it could have on season ticket sales.  No more, no less!

Aye agree

Its renewal time!!!

Guest Ridzuan

Owen should have the initiative to go and tell publicly that he will stay here next season and not having Freddy to ask him to do that.Nevertheless,if the rumours are not true,there shouldnt be any need for Owen to say anything though an assurance for him would be good to settle the situation a little bit.

Could you honestly see Owen at Spurs, Everton, Bolton, Aston Villa, etc?

Nope. But then could you ever have imagined he's have signed for us? £££ :cheesy:

I think he would only leave for one of the top four clubs in the Prem by that I mean Mn Ure, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool.

Thing is do any of them really want him, the media seem to think so but then again they have thought it since the day he signed for us.

Guest Shotgun Mick

I cannot believe he has done this. Is he trying to unsettle Owen or what?

"Michael has two choices: he can come out and tells our fans that he is happy here or I tell him none of the big four are interested. Because that's the case."

Unbelievable.

Will be interesting to see if Owen does make a statement, I think Fred is furios over the fact that the get out clause is now public and he feels it has to have came from owens people, should not have done it in the press but he has called his bluff now lets see if it back fires, see if Owen has a mystery strain for the Watford game.

I cannot believe he has done this. Is he trying to unsettle Owen or what?

"Michael has two choices: he can come out and tells our fans that he is happy here or I tell him none of the big four are interested. Because that's the case."

Unbelievable.

Shepherd is just a thick twat who doesn't realise that he's already just done that latter bit (in bold) - so now Michael Owen no effectively has no choice, as one of the so called options has been removed as quickly as it was presented. You couldn't make it up.

Bye bye Michael.

Anyone who puts an escape clause for that amount activating only if we fail to qualify for Europe and while they were currently employing Souness and then compounding that later by hiring Roeder has made 3 very bad judgements.

Had it coming unfortunatley.

Guest killers_perm

I used to work at the club and was there at the press conference when Owen signed.  A lot of the hacks were asking why he signed for us and his answer was always, big club, passionate fans, great set up and Chance to play/work with Alan Shearer

After speaking to two very good friends still working at SJP they have said that Owen was led to belive that once Shearer retired from playing he would be the next toon boss - obviously he was still playing when Souness was sacked, but now that GR has gone and Shearer isn't going to take over, Owen has decided he has no other reason to stay.

I doubt it has anything to do with who is coming in, more like who isn't and that's why Owens agent is now pushing things into the public domain to get a move sorted

Guest optimistic nit

If Owen wants to fuck off, so be it. You lads on here can put the club down all you want, but if you haven't got the desire to succeed with a club with huge resources, and with our club being so starved of successs, then your not somebody I wanted here in the first place.

He'll be right down in my estimations (and most Newcastle fans) if he leaves mind, not that he gives a fuck.

You're a Newcastle fan.  Owen's not.  He is also an employee of the club and probably has a much better idea of how fucked it is compared to proper big clubs (Liverpool, Real Madrid).  To expect a player that's played at clubs like that to be wowed by our "huge resources" is a touch naive.  And quite how being "starved of success" is supposed to entice him to stay, I haven't a clue.  Take the blinkers off man - this is a lad who knows what successful football clubs are all about and he knows that we haven't got what it takes.

Like I said, I'm not going to cry into my cereal that he's fucking off.  By your regards Gemmill, why would anyone want to come here?

£.

Oh well then. Heres me thinking we were going to build a team on ability and work ethic. Now I'm looking foward to a team full of mercenaries, who have no desire to win anything, and will leave after two years, yipeeeeeeee.

If they had any desire to win anything, they wouldn't have made the mistake of showing up here in the first place tbh.

well signing mid table players on decent wages could be the best way to start to build a new squad not based on currency. buy players fromclubs outside the top 6 (our level) and try and build a solid team then do a bolton/everton.

Could work.

Guest optimistic nit

Could you honestly see Owen at Spurs, Everton, Bolton, Aston Villa, etc?

Nope. But then could you ever have imagined he's have signed for us? £££ :cheesy:

we are a more attractive option for players like owen, if only because we have good potential and can pay high wages. Everton, Bolton, Villa, Spurs etc... will never really have the clout to challenge imo, not for a while anyway (unless villa start spending with their billionaire). we could challenge, if we had the right guidence.

We really need to make a clean break and make sure that we rid ourselves of any players who are here purely for financial reasons and who are not here because they are excited about playing for the club.

If there is one thing I agreed with Roeder about, it was his desire to recruit players who would see Newcastle as a step up. When all is said and done we have to become a club that can identify and nurture emerging talent before the talent moves onto a club with a big status. Only then will we begin to enjoy good players who play with desire.

If we continue to poach 'good' players who haven't quite panned out from big clubs then we will continue to see the likes of Owen, Duff and Butt (initially of course) let us down. It is no surprise that our best player this season, James Milner, is a young player for whom Newcastle is a step up. The previous season N'Zogbia was very much the same.

This is the reason why we should be targetting the likes of Nolan, Sidwell, Bent, Nugent, Ben Haim, Distin etc because they clearly have talent but as of yet have not played at clubs the size of Newcastle. Along the same line of thought we should steer well clear of the likes of Wright-Philips and Wes Brown who would probably only let us down as they would not necessary have the hunger we need having come from big clubs where they are no longer needed.

We are about to start over with a promising manager who has never had an opportunity with a club of our resources and now we have to make sure we go into the new season with players who have never had the chance to play for a club with of our size and resources too.

Let Owen and his likes go in my opinion ... as long as we do our job scouting wise we could end up with a team of plyers who are hungry and motivated to play for us and this would be better for the team on the whole and would mean better results.

Nexts eason cannot be about keeping Owen happy.