I quit Bolton because I need to be at a club where I can win trophies

Newcastle Fan

Guest Knightrider

I think the FA baulked at Big Sam because if they did give him the job, they'd have had to change their entire setup accordingly. I hear he drew up plans to change the entire youth set up for example and out of all the candidates his presentation was the most comprehensive and most impressive. When you've just forked out 5m a year for Sven over 5 years and need to cut some costs though, the last thing you want to do is spend a lot of money away from the actual football pitch. In short Steve McLaren was their Glenn Roeder, already familiar with the set up and will be inexpensive and easy to "manage", i.e. low maintenance as he won't dictate to them like say Allardyce would or other managers.

The same things were spouting of of S*uness' mouth when he came here as well if I recall.

And joining us to win trophies!  There's been a lack of silver polish on the Newcastle United shopping list for a fair few seasons now.  The mans a complete mentalist :idiot2:

Lets be honest... just getting us competing for trophies again will be success in the short term.

If he gets us to that stage, I have faith that he might just be able to take us that extra yard to get some silverware at looooooooooooooong last

Sam Allardyce's mission when, as expected, he becomes manager of Newcastle United this week will be more of a challenge to himself than anybody associated with the famously unsuccessful Tyneside club.

"When I work again," he said last week, "it will only be at a club where I believe I can win something."

The rest can be found here : http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/football.html?in_article_id=454451&in_page_id=1779

Just following the f****** rules..

so he's blind as well as fat.............

Nice sentiment but he's chosen the wrong club - us and trophies in the same sentence doesn't sound right sadly.

sure it does. "Newcastle United do not win trophies." Sounds reasonable to me.

So we havent won a trophy in our history then?

its been a while - I've supported them for 48 years and only seen one

and me auntie is 89 and remembers when we won the League................................. she was 9