Day 1 and Sam Allardyce already looks defeated in losing clubs Star player

Gallowgate End

I would imagine Owen would want to see exactly why he should commit to a year extension before he signed one. So far NUFC hasn't looked a good club to further his career. He's on his 3rd manager already, hopefully this one will put the club in a position that he might change his mind.

I would be surprised (but delighted) if Owen signed an extension.

If he stays another year and we do well then he might.

He wants to playing in the CL though and based on our last 3 seasons we're a long way off that.

as has already been said, i would look to get him to extend for a further 12 months, and if he wont, hawk him around for £9m.

cant be arsed with a 'will he/wont he' debate every transfer window anyway.

I would imagine Owen would want to see exactly why he should commit to a year extension before he signed one. So far NUFC hasn't looked a good club to further his career. He's on his 3rd manager already, hopefully this one will put the club in a position that he might change his mind.

He wants to playing in the CL though and based on our last 3 seasons we're a long way off that.

Everton did it the season after a relegation battle (and getting thumped by Arsenal on the opening day). We did it from mid-table.

Take SPurs out of it and the league bar the top 4 is crap. Anyone can make top 5-6 with a half decent run. If wenger leaves or Rafa buys a shedload of new players with the yankee dollar and they take time to bed in then a place in the top four is up from grabs next season.

It may be unlikely from watching last season, but ther's definitely a chance that someone like us or Spuds could fluke CL next year

Everton did it the season after a relegation battle (and getting thumped by Arsenal on the opening day). We did it from mid-table.

Take SPurs out of it and the league bar the top 4 is crap. Anyone can make top 5-6 with a half decent run. If wenger leaves or Rafa buys a shedload of new players with the yankee dollar and they take time to bed in then a place in the top four is up from grabs next season.

It may be unlikely from watching last season, but ther's definitely a chance that someone like us or Spuds could fluke CL next year

There is always a chance.

I'm just trying to see it from Owen's perspective rather than as an optimistic Toon fan.

But, you never know. A few good signings who hit the floor running and a few other clubs having an injury nightmare or some bad form and we could be there.

I'd f**king love it.