nufc.com

lovejoy

Guest alex

I agree. It's appalling! Shouldn't be allowed!!

How dare these supporters have their own website on which they post their own opinions!

It's in the public domain so it's open to criticism. Likewise, feel free to justify having a pop at the management for letting Bramble go or by all means explain why you think a 16 match comparison of Roeder and Allardyce is fair or balanced.

I happen to think that they are spot on in that article.

No way was Allardyke responsible for releasing those players and due to our worefully thin squad i think the offer of a 12 month contract to Bramble would have been justified bearing in mind that the centre halves we have on our books now consist of Steven "2 Pools" Taylor (who makes a lot of fuck ups as well), Peter "Damage to some" Ramage ( who gets slated here there and everywhere), Paul "Does my bum look big in this" Huntington and David " I scored against man Utd you know" Edgar.

We're hardly brimming with talented, experienced centre backs are we?

'nial and biffa' are a pair of goons who have got well above their station.

Agreed.

If you look at the number of sponsors on their site to my mind they must make a canny living out of the club. Most of the stuff on their site is pretty fair but being negative at this stage is pretty wank. 90% of fans will be pleased to see the back of Titus anyway. Nufc doesn't stand for newcastles unnoficial fans collaboration at all and to be honest i've never liked the fact that they have the nufc.com domain

At the end of the day they Niall and Biffa do a canny job and nufc.com is always worth a look but sometimes they should wind their necks in a bit.

says it all really. To answer the point about Bramble though, it's highlighted by an earlier post

If Big Sam had given Bramble a new contract there would have been hell on with most supporters.

The Bramble decision wasn't made for footballing reasons, it was made (or carried out) to score popularity points. We all know that physically, Titus is one of the most gifted (readas: best) defenders in the league, he just lacks the mental capacity (under certain management styles) to carry that out for 90minutes. Seeing as Allardyce is supposed to be able to 'get the best out of players', it is perhaps rash to get rid of a guy who would walk into our first team when performing at his best.

I happen to think that they are spot on in that article.

No way was Allardyke responsible for releasing those players and due to our worefully thin squad i think the offer of a 12 month contract to Bramble would have been justified bearing in mind that the centre halves we have on our books now consist of Steven "2 Pools" Taylor (who makes a lot of f*** ups as well), Peter "Damage to some" Ramage ( who gets slated here there and everywhere), Paul "Does my bum look big in this" Huntington and David " I scored against man Utd you know" Edgar.

We're hardly brimming with talented, experienced centre backs are we?

no, but we were hardly brimming with them 24 hours ago before they were released were we??

i think its a clear intent to improve that area, and after what i have seen this season, it seems a pretty good start to me.

The Bramble decision wasn't made for footballing reasons, it was made (or carried out) to score popularity points. We all know that physically, Titus is one of the most gifted (readas: best) defenders in the league, he just lacks the mental capacity (under certain management styles) to carry that out for 90minutes. Seeing as Allardyce is supposed to be able to 'get the best out of players', it is perhaps rash to get rid of a guy who would walk into our first team when performing at his best.

Spot on.

Guest alex

Like I said, if the replacements don't come in over the summer, it's fair enough to have a pop. And "25 year old potential England defender"? Fuck off man :lol: They've slaughtered Bramble down the years (and rightly so).

They thing that pissed me off was there "we will sit on the fence" article which basically just slated him. As some have said aswell pathetic stats like the last 16 games.

If they just make enough from the advertising to run the site they either spend way too much on running or charge too little to advertise on it.

If they want to use their site to slag off Allardyce (which they are entitled to do) they should be honest about it and not claim to be neutral.

When I first stared logging on to the web, they were my first port of call, but I just find their stuff boring now. Whereas they used to be reliable with regards transfers now they just take pot shots like other media.

I click on there during the day but here is my first stop now.

They bore me!

In regards to Bramble how about we see what happens in the summer before judging the decision? If he signs Ben Haim and Distin/Campbell as replacements for Bramble and Moore who will be complaining?

Guest alex

I don't see how it wasn't a 'footballing decision' to get rid of a player who has never proved himself to be the answer in 5 seasons at the club.

Spot on.

He may have good games but he just drops to many clangers he is a risk. What makes you think we can weed out the problems now. 3 Managers of varying skills have failed. We hang on to players too long thinking they will come good, this is the right decision. It will be good for the club and for the lad himself!

Guest johnson293

He has failed to carry that out for 90 minutes regularly under 3 different 'management styles' now. You can argue about Souness and Roeder management styles, but even a pair of former centre halfs (Roeder and Pearson) couldn't help him cut out the lapses and mistakes.

Perhaps Allardyce has seen enough in the past to realsie that after 5 years and 3 differnet management teams, the lad just cannot get rid of the mistakes.

If this exercise was purely about scoring popularity points though, surely he'd have Transfer listed Carr, Babyaro and Dyer as well!

I don't see how it wasn't a 'footballing decision' to get rid of a player who has never proved himself to be the answer in 5 seasons at the club.

"Every player starts with a clean sheet" except for those who Nicky Butt was referring to, of which I'm sure Bramble wasn't one of them - while he may have fallen short on some occasions, he at least tried.

As it's been pointed out earlier, Bramble never "proved himself" (consistently) but we always had enough glimpses of why Robson paid £4.5million for him over the years, particularly that 3/4-month run under Souness before he got injured during the Lisbon (a) match. We've never had Allardyce's methods over the past 5 years...you never know, he may have sent Titus back to school to learn basic English in an effort to communicate more efficiently with his fellow defenders  :parky:

He has failed to carry that out for 90 minutes regularly under 3 different 'management styles' now. You can argue about Souness and Roeder management styles, but even a pair of former centre halfs (Roeder and Pearson) couldn't help him cut out the lapses and mistakes.

Perhaps Allardyce has seen enough in the past to realsie that after 5 years and 3 differnet management teams, the lad just cannot get rid of the mistakes.

If this exercise was purely about scoring popularity points though, surely he'd have Transfer listed Carr, Babyaro and Dyer as well!

They're under contract though, Bramble wasn't.

Players tend not to get transfer listed these days while under contract and clubs/players rely on agents to sort them a move instead.

Guest londonmaglad

Has anyone thought of the possibility that Allardyce wanted Bramble to stay but that he's had freedom of contract since Xmas(?) to talk to other clubs and that he may have a deal lined up elsewhere?

Has anyone thought of the possibility that Allardyce wanted Bramble to stay but that he's had freedom of contract since Xmas(?) to talk to other clubs and that he may have a deal lined up elsewhere?

Yes, he was rumoured to be nailed on to be at Pompey next season.

1) Bramble excelled under Souness until he got injured and was then thrust into the first team without a pre-season or full fitness training (against Fulham I believe). The fans quickly got on his back (again) and any confidence he'd built from his excellent good form the previous season was quickly broken.

2) I wouldn't be surprised to see Carr, Babayaro (an to a lesser extent) Duff leave in the summer...only pride will stop Freddie selling Duff to Keane & Quinn

Guest Guinness

As has been said, there would have been hell to pay amongst a lot of supporters if Bramble had been handed a new deal. He's had plenty of chances and failed to take any of them. I honestly believe no matter who he plays under he will always be the same error prone defender. Good riddance to him.

the problem i think that we all have is the fact that they claim to be the 'fans voice' and are as backward as the rest of the press.

Oh aye. Where do they "claim to be the 'fans voice'", then?

i think everyone knows exactly what i meant.

if your looking for an argument, look elsewhere.

or dont post in the 'tedious' thread.

Quite aside from the Bramble debate, the point they made about Sam's unilateral boycott of BBC reporters leaving the club open to media abuse is probably a fair and valid one. It's not like reporters won't just love the chance to stick the knife in, because it doesn't suit their news agenda. Would be preferable if the Panorama issues could be resolved during the close season period, IMHO.

nah, its much more interesting to say it was 'rotten management' div'nt spoil it for them man!

Guest Darth Toon

Titus Bramble has been the source of more piss-taking off this club over the last 5 years than anyone - he's a joke to anyone outside of Newcastle, and most other clubs supporters would go mental if there was even the suggestion of signing him.

As a Premiership manager of long-standing, Sam will be well aware of his potential for calamity, and you can be sure a great deal of Bolton's tactical discussions before playing us were centred on exposing this achilles heel - fair enough if he now doesn't want to extend the same courtesy to 19 other Premiership managers.

Anyone who thinks Bramble will ever come anywhere even close to playing for England is deluded on an almost galactic scale.