The main site - should it stay or should it go

Guest Knightrider

Something that I always enjoyed reading but wasn't bother with this year was the "Behind enemy lines" articles.

For anyone who didn't see them it was basically a dozen or so questions put to fans of the opposite team around a week before we played them, asking what players we have they've been impressed with, their unsung her, predicted score and opinions of things going on at both clubs at the time.

I agree with this, I frequently trawl similar sections on the sites of other clubs in the run up to us playing them, and I know lots of people who do the same. Quite a few sites have a similar feature.

The Gallery is fucked, working on fixing it. If anyone genuinely wants to help out, please get in touch with me, and sooner rather than later would be best.

We want to bring back all these sections:

Rants & Opinion

Toon Player Ratings

Talking Points & Analysis

Behind Enemy Lines

Who The F*** Are…

Reserves

Away Days

Before KK

Inside View

Banter

Obviously they're not all needing to be taken, but it would be nice if we could. Got a large enough membership to be able to, anyway. A few people have come forward with their own ideas, so we should be fine for next season, but if we don't fill the above, we're just remove them completely.

Get in touch, though, as looking in this thread and chasing people up isn't really likely. :)

How often do you need articles for the main site?

If you look at the way .com is set up, most of what they have up is quotes from the club and very little else.

What you really need is a list of all important stats about the clubs history/transfers/goalscorers etc which won't have to be updated that often, also bring back the gallery where fans can post pictures they've taken from the game.

One thing this forum definitely needs is thread moderation brought back, if only to tidy the place up.

Guest smoggeordie

The Gallery is f*****, working on fixing it.  If anyone genuinely wants to help out, please get in touch with me, and sooner rather than later would be best. 

Rants & Opinion

Toon Player Ratings

Behind Enemy Lines

Who The F*** Are…

Reserves

Away Days

Before KK

Inside View

Banter

Obviously they're not all needing to be taken, but it would be nice if we could.  Got a large enough membership to be able to, anyway.  A few people have come forward with their own ideas, so we should be fine for next season, but if we don't fill the above, we're just remove them completely.

Get in touch, though, as looking in this thread and chasing people up isn't really likely. :)

Once exams are over (6 june) I'll start up the reserves section.

The Gallery is f*****, working on fixing it.  If anyone genuinely wants to help out, please get in touch with me, and sooner rather than later would be best. 

Rants & Opinion

Toon Player Ratings

Behind Enemy Lines

Who The F*** Are…

Reserves

Away Days

Before KK

Inside View

Banter

Obviously they're not all needing to be taken, but it would be nice if we could.  Got a large enough membership to be able to, anyway.  A few people have come forward with their own ideas, so we should be fine for next season, but if we don't fill the above, we're just remove them completely.

Are these your last ever university exams, as there is little point in starting a section up in the summer when there are no matches if you are going to be even more bogged down the following year.What we need for next season are people who are going to have the free time to write throughout the season. Reliability is the key in my opinion.

Guest smoggeordie

Rants & Opinion

Toon Player Ratings

Behind Enemy Lines

Who The F*** Are…

Reserves

Away Days

Before KK

Inside View

Banter

Are these your last ever university exams, as there is little point in starting a section up in the summer when there are no matches if you are going to be even more bogged down the following year.What we need for next season are people who are going to have the free time to write throughout the season. Reliability is the key in my opinion.

Fair enough, i'll leave it then.

Rants & Opinion

Toon Player Ratings

Behind Enemy Lines

Who The F*** Are…

Reserves

Away Days

Before KK

Inside View

Banter

Fair enough, i'll leave it then.

Stroppy. :laugh:

How often do you need articles for the main site?

Depends on what the section is, or who the person is that's writing.  We've got a few ideas for next season, but they're not weekly items, although one could be almost daily.  Just depends really.  We kind of want it so there's a new article (not necessarily from the one section) up every 2 days, or so.  Keeps people coming back to read new material rather than to continue a half arsed debate blog-style.

If you look at the way .com is set up, most of what they have up is quotes from the club and very little else.

What you really need is a list of all important stats about the clubs history/transfers/goalscorers etc which won't have to be updated that often, also bring back the gallery where fans can post pictures they've taken from the game.

If someone would be nice enough to do these stats for us, get in touch.  Totally agree we should have this, it's just getting someone to do it.  The gallery should have been fixed some time ago.  Will ask Chris to do it, if he doesn't, I'll attempt...

One thing this forum definitely needs is thread moderation brought back, if only to tidy the place up.

How about a thread making ban on new users for a month or something?  Although if the support (if we can call it that) continues to grow for old Thread Mod himself, we could bring it back.

The Gallery is f*****, working on fixing it. If anyone genuinely wants to help out, please get in touch with me, and sooner rather than later would be best.

Rants & Opinion

Toon Player Ratings

Behind Enemy Lines

Who The F*** Are…

Reserves

Away Days

Before KK

Inside View

Banter

Obviously they're not all needing to be taken, but it would be nice if we could. Got a large enough membership to be able to, anyway. A few people have come forward with their own ideas, so we should be fine for next season, but if we don't fill the above, we're just remove them completely.

I noticed further down (up?), you've pulled out, but what I would say is, even if you are going to have trouble doing anything, say, after Christmas next season, you could still do it til then. Or you could get someone to help you out? People don't need to do sections on their own, if it took 10 people to run it, but it ran, that would be absolutely fine.

Let me know if you want to do it, or if you work something out where you do what you can and someone else does what you don't.

It's amazing, we've got new stuff going up, it's like a parody on NUFC life, and there are actually people that think it's serious.  And they're complaining. :nope:

Some read this forum, and I hope you read this. 

GET A SENSE OF HUMOUR.

One suggestion I'd make - as like many (I presume) I've got the forums bookmarked but not the main page...perhaps a nice weblink back from the forums to the main page might be an idea?

One suggestion I'd make - as like many (I presume) I've got the forums bookmarked but not the main page...perhaps a nice weblink back from the forums to the main page might be an idea?

The badge in the top left hand corner? ???