Steven Taylor issues ultimatum

Guest sicko2ndbest

The 'Geordie' Bramble.

No loss in reality.

Your a Mackem in disguise or your off your rocker!! Taylor's  obviously a bloody good defender who will get better and better. Our only  good defender, he's come up through the youth system captaining at most levels and he's a Geordie who geniunely loves the TOON. Give him a new contract! He's not your average footballing mercenery and he looks like he could be geniune class!

He's a tool and if he was black and came from south of Gateshead he'd have gotten the same dogs abuse that Bramble got because he is no better and gives away loads of sill free kicks.

The 'Geordie' Bramble.

No loss in reality.

Definitely over rated.

Looked good in the reserves, has potential but gets lost far too often and will have to eliminate the "rash" moments.

Cost us the tie against Alkmaar but Titus was made the scapegoat while the "local lad" got away with it.

I'd keep him, but certainly wouldn't let him hold us to ransom.

He might make it but my bet is 5 years from now he'll be a decent Championship player.

The 'Geordie' Bramble.

No loss in reality.

Definitely over rated.

Looked good in the reserves, has potential but gets lost far too often and will have to eliminate the "rash" moments.

Cost us the tie against Alkmaar but Titus was made the scapegoat while the "local lad" got away with it.

I'd keep him, but certainly wouldn't let him hold us to ransom.

He might make it but my bet is 5 years from now he'll be a decent Championship player.

Spot on re Alkmaar.

Guest johnson293
He's a tool and if he was black and came from south of Gateshead he'd have gotten the same dogs abuse that Bramble got because he is no better and gives away loads of sill free kicks.

Hold on - you saying the reason people were on Brambles back was because he was Black and/or a southerner?

Nowt to do with the 5 error strewn years he spent here, and failure to improve?

As for the southern thing, yeah - we do struggle to get behind/back non-geordie players, don't we?? - tell that to the likes of Rob Lee or Les Ferdinand!

Guest Geordie_krispy

I think he's worth a new contract, another 4 years or similar.  He's probably been misquoted by the press, wouldn't suprise me in the slightest, as they're a bit peeved that newcastle could actualyy have the right man for the right job and cause a stir in the premiership and cups next season, meaning it would ruffle the feathers of their favoured southern clubs. But look at how Taylor was with woody during his short time here, they were a cracking partnership and he was even younger then.  It could be that he's made more mistake recently because he's been trying to do 2 defenders jobs.  Rather than just his job, if he had a decent cb partner you'd see an improvement in his game

Guest optimistic nit

The 'Geordie' Bramble.

No loss in reality.

what i think. he at this moment in time imo is no better than bramble (no worse either mind). of course, he has about 5 years on bramble, but  when bramble arrived he was the same age as taylor, and i know i thought he would get better. makes just as many mistakes as bramble, but can also defend occasionally.

Not saying we should lose him lyke, but its very simple: we teach him how to defend, or he won't improve. big sam is good at that imo though

Hold on - you saying the reason people were on Brambles back was because he was Black and/or a southerner?

As for the southern thing, yeah - we do struggle to get behind/back non-geordie players, don't we?? - tell that to the likes of Rob Lee or Les Ferdinand!

No, i'm saying he gets away with the same amount of shite that Bramble has but is left alone because he is the local lad made good.

Guest johnson293

he at this moment in time imo is no better than bramble (no worse either mind). of course, he has about 5 years on bramble, but  when bramble arrived he was the same age as taylor, and i know i thought he would get better. makes just as many mistakes as bramble, but can also defend occasionally.

Not saying we should lose him lyke, but its very simple: we teach him how to defend, or he won't improve. big sam is good at that imo though

Agree with that - Taylor is still young, and while he does have 70-odd appearances, is still relatively inexperienced.

But, much like when we bought Bramble, he still has that potential - the same potential that Bramble has wasted.

It's probably 'nailed on' that the club will sign taylor on again, lets Just hope that we can bring one or more experienced centre halfs in, to help Taylor achieve that potential!

Suppose we'll see how good or bad Bramble is next season, as it appears he may end up being coached by Tony Adams at Pompey - I wouldn't hold my breath tho!

Guest jazzfido

He is not saying that people were on Bramble's back because he was black and/or a southerner. People were on Bramble's back because he was s****. What he is saying is that people find it a lot harder to criticise someone who is equally s**** but happens to look like themselves and who is a local.

No, i'm saying he gets away with the same amount of shite that Bramble has but is left alone because he is the local lad made good.

well he didnt cost us a fortune to sign, hasnt given us season after season of dog shite and mistake after the mistake, he is young and hungry and to want a new contract least shows passion for the club, give the lad a break.

as for comparing him to bramble thats a bit harsh with a bit of coaching from some one half decent and not taking the learning lessons from doomsong and bramble i can see the lad going far.

But what has colour got to do with that?

Black people can and are born in and around Newcastle, and it wouldn't make a difference to 99.999999999999999999% of Newcastle fans what colour their skin was, but i agree about the local thing, gets away with a lot, but also he is very young, just turned 21, and for a defender he's still in nappies.

Guest alex

So what's the reason Ramage gets just as much stick as Bramble? Oh, I know...because he's equally as sh*t!

Taylor is much better than them.

Taylor has the potential to be better than Bramble with improvement etc. He isn't much better at present imo. Ramage is a different matter. I predict Ramage'll be off within 12 months though.

Guest johnson293

No, i'm saying he gets away with the same amount of s**** that Bramble has but is left alone because he is the local lad made good.

Ok, just thought it strange that you said "if he was Black" as well as the "south of Gateshead" thing, like you were accusing the Bramble critics of being racist, or summit.

So what's the reason Ramage gets just as much stick as Bramble? Oh, I know...because he's equally as sh*t!

Taylor has the potential to be better than Bramble with improvement etc. He isn't much better at present imo. Ramage is a different matter. I predict Ramage'll be off within 12 months though.

I was using Ramage as more of an example of Geordies getting as much stick as Bramble rather than praising Taylor though.

He is not saying that people were on Bramble's back because he was black and/or a southerner. People were on Bramble's back because he was s****. What he is saying is that people find it a lot harder to criticise someone who is equally s**** but happens to look like themselves and who is a local.

Thank you for explaining, as what you say is correct.

Guest johnson293

Oh, so you were inferring some kind of racism then, rather than a justified criticism???

But look at how Taylor was with woody during his short time here, they were a cracking partnership and he was even younger then. 

You haven't got a clue.

Woodgate and Taylor played in the same team together once at Bolton and Taylor actually played at Right back and cost a goal.

Oh, so you were inferring some kind of racism then, rather than a justified criticism???

No, i'm saying Bramble was a far easier taget for the boo boys than Alan Olivers favourite local lad who is always ready to speak to the Chronicle.

Guest alex

I was using Ramage as more of an example of Geordies getting as much stick as Bramble rather than praising Taylor though.

Ah, ok. My point still stands though ;)

Guest johnson293

No, i'm saying Bramble was a far easier taget for the boo boys than Alan Olivers favourite local lad who is always ready to speak to the Chronicle.

But as others have said, the fact that Bramble cost £5m, has cost numerous goals, and never looked like improving consistently, despite 3 different managers coaching him, playing alongside many different partners, means he probably deserves the criticism he gets/got as he just hasn't learned from and improved on mistakes.

While Taylor still isn't perfect, and has cost goals at times, he hasn't cost the club a fee, still has youth and time on his side, and the potential under decent caoching to correct those mistakes before the become an inherent part of his game.

I just don't see how Bramble being black had seemingly made him an easier target for the boo-boys. If he hadn't made the mistakes, but still got unfair criticism, I could accept that arguement.

Your a Mackem in disguise or your off your rocker!! Taylor's  obviously a bloody good defender who will get better and better. Our only  good defender, he's come up through the youth system captaining at most levels and he's a Geordie who geniunely loves the TOON. Give him a new contract! He's not your average footballing mercenery and he looks like he could be geniune class!

:thup:

Steven Taylor is a outstanding prospect and has the qualities at such a young age to go on and be a Newcastle United Captain.

Certainly important this Summer for Big Sam and Shepherd to give him a contract he deserves.

In fact Taylor does make as many mistakes as Bramble, the thing on his side is that he's younger and could/should improve. This being the exact thing that was said about Bramble at the same stage.

Not sure about the concept of giving better contracts after 'x' games. Due to the injuries last season some players turned out who might not have done for ages. On this basis the club could end up giving a better contract to Ramage for playing more than 78 shit games. For example.

Get off your paranoid soapbox, ffs.

Guest johnson293

Get off your paranoid soapbox, ffs.

Not on any soapbox - just told it as it read.  :blush: