Freddy

LateRegistration

People are giving him credit for the timing of the sacking of Roeder and the subsequent appointment of Sam, purely because of the extra time it will give the manager with regards to assessing and preparing the squad for the new season. I think Freddy's been a little more cunning than this.

I can't help but think the timing was more to do with the season ticket renewals, I mean with the above he has basically guaranteed sell out of season tickets next year.

I think with the appointment of Sam he has also deflected attention from the Owen situation. A damaging situation where by a player leaves for almost half the price we paid for him having only been fit for a dozen or so games. Even if Owen leaves now most the focus is on Sam.

Add in the fact we are obviously struggling for funds, Freddy must be glad that most fans seem to have bought the notion put across by Sam that he will not be looking for big names rather less well known/aging players whom he is so good at spotting and maximising their potential.

I have thar little faith in the man I still can't help thinking he was just lucky but luck or no luck I can see this as being the best bit of business the guy has done sinse sir bob when it comes to managers

Any credit Freddy gets for sacking Roeder is lost when people remember who gave Roeder the job in the first place. It's obvious to say that had Freddy kept Roeder, season ticket sales would have been a lot less than they will be now under Allardyce. Under Roeder people had lost hope where as the appointment of Allardyce has restored hope for many.

Thing is, as well as doing the best on the football side of decisions, Freddy's job is also to sell as many season tickets as possible and generate revenue.

Like it or not, season tickets are a product and the club's job is to sell as many as they can. So even if he has done it for that reason, I can understand it in a way.

Gotta give Fred a gold star for this one, Sam announced he was leaving Bolton so he manufactures the 'resignation' and gets his man. Job done and good quick work, and thats inspite of me not completely being an Allardyce convert yet.