O'Connor claims Magpies interest.

Optimistic Nut

He's not good enough for the Premiership from what I've seen of him at Hibs and he hasn't exactly set the Russian league on fire by all accounts. Maybe he could play for a newly promoted club but that would be his limit.

He would be better than sibi as back-up. Has found it difficult to adjust to the Russian lifestyle. If he was cheap then he could be an ok squad player.

You seen him play much then?

Yeah quite a lot. More of a holding up type striker, got a bit of strength but an average finisher. Would add a bit of strength and power to the front line though.

He would be better than sibi as back-up. Has found it difficult to adjust to the Russian lifestyle. If he was cheap then he could be an ok squad player.

Yeah quite a lot. More of a holding up type striker, got a bit of strength but an average finisher. Would add a bit of strength and power to the front line though.

The power is what we need. Bearing in mind Lil Mikey and Martins (if they stay!) aren't the biggest, Ameobi is a pile of steaming donkey shite, and Le Sin is way past it, and we need someone to do the strength and power thing.

Exactly ...

Like I said earlier, very much a Kevin Davies type, which is why I believe there might be some truth to this.