FA Cup Final Programme

Guest Geordiesned

Guest Geordiesned

I was watching Breakfast News on BBC1 earlier and they were doing their piece on the FA Cup Final. The match day programmes went on sale at 9am on Wembley Way for £10.

Just over one hour later and already up to £50!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2007-FA-CUP-FINAL-PROGRAMME-MAN-UTD-v-CHELSEA_W0QQitemZ190114484192QQihZ009QQcategoryZ68316QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

They said that people were buying them by the box load, obvioulsy with the intention of selling them on for profit. I suppose if people can get away with it then good luck to them but I can remember from the 2 recent FA Cup Finals we've been in that the programmes had sold out by about 2pm, largely because people had been allowed then too to buy them by the box load. Why then don't they restrict the number people can buy to a small number? No more than 2 maybe? Then everyone who wants one on the day can get one and if there are any left after the game is underway they can they be bought in bulk by the people who've probably got absolutely no interest in football what-so-ever but whose only interest is to make a quick buck.

I dont mind paying a tenner for a programme at the first FA Cup Final at Wembley.

It is a unique item.

I'm hoping though that they might try to flog them off at a reduced price at the Conference Final the next day.

Guest Geordiesned

I dont mind paying a tenner for a programme at the first FA Cup Final at Wembley.

It is a unique item.

I'm hoping though that they might try to flog them off at a reduced price at the Conference Final the next day.

I very much doubt there'll be any left tbh. On the matter of them being a tenner, whilst it's an excessive charge, I agree that I'd happily part with it if we were involved in the first final at the rebuilt Wembley. I suspect that many fans attending today won't even get that opportunity though.

You miss the obvious.

Just include them with the ticket price and hand them out as you enter the ground.

That would certainly make sense but it would be too sensible for the FA!

On another note, Wembley have apparently surpassed themselves with their extortionate pricing. Burgers inside the ground cost £8!!! The FA defence is that they are made of good quality meat and real cheddar cheese!

Guest Geordiesned

Was the same at Shearers testimonial, people buying box fulls to resell..

Yeah, I only managed to get one then when they produced further copies which had photos of the testimonial in the centre spread.

You miss the obvious.

Just include them with the ticket price and hand them out as you enter the ground.

That would certainly make sense but it would be too sensible for the FA!

And the FA/Wembley dont give a crap who buys them, as long as they get the tenner out of each one... 50,000 x £10 for somthing which probably cost £1 each to make.

Guest BooBoo

The Cup Final prog from the Man Utd defeat commands a decent fee as its part of their treble year.