Newcastle given permission to speak to Mark Taylor

stozo

Guest Invicta_Toon

f*** they're all out tonight

anyhoo, yes i'm sure the process will be as complicated as the one above, what with no-one in football knowing anyone else and any old random being able to completely make up a CV for a career in [frankly whatever the f*** this blokes is supposed to be good at]. fuckit, let's just buy bolton football club and be done with it

i thought your point was that you werent happy with him just bringing in someone he knows. Would you rather he brought in a top class bloke thats sitting on the dole twiddling his thumbs ?

If your just feeling sad for Bolton then I cant reason with you.

the point being it seems his success seems less and less to do with Sam's renounced managerial abilities, and more down to who he employed. He employed a sports scientist, not joe bloggs the sports scientist. If he can't find another one, what does that really say about him in terms of skills?

It's also about what he told his own chairman. I feel sad for Bolton in the same way I feel sad about Kevin Bond, and sad about Sheffield Utd, and sad about the FA and Owen. With a chairman like ours one day their will be so much axe grinding coming our way it will be unreal, and no doubt all will be playing the victim

Guest Invicta_Toon

Just from personal experience of myself and my mates I have seen several instances where someone has been headhunted because they can do a job well, and they bring contacts with them, and occassionally exceptional staff that work under them. Why should football be any different?

and why has this exceptional staffer never been headhunted himself?

and to think this clubs gets hammered for jobs for the boys

Guest NUFCnutter

Just from personal experience of myself and my mates I have seen several instances where someone has been headhunted because they can do a job well, and they bring contacts with them, and occassionally exceptional staff that work under them. Why should football be any different?

and why has this exceptional staffer never been headhunted himself?

and to think this clubs gets hammered for jobs for the boys

Are you saying it doesn't happen? Of course it does, and headhunters get headhunted themselves. Sheesh!

the point being it seems his success seems less and less to do with Sam's renounced managerial abilities, and more down to who he employed. He employed a sports scientist, not joe bloggs the sports scientist. If he can't find another one, what does that really say about him in terms of skills?

It's also about what he told his own chairman. I feel sad for Bolton in the same way I feel sad about Kevin Bond, and sad about Sheffield Utd, and sad about the FA and Owen. With a chairman like ours one day their will be so much axe grinding coming our way it will be unreal, and no doubt all will be playing the victim

Agreed. I am not particularly keen on the potential bad PR this might give. I think thats one side of the club that is in desperate need of an overhaul. I think our Chariman is incapable if ever doing anything that will give us good press.

All we can do is hope that once Sam is settled in, it kind of blows over and gets forgotten about. Of course Bolton wont do but, sadly because they arent high profile, the rest of the country probably will. Chances are, most people will say "well... you expect a manager to bring in his own staff" and just forget about it.

With regards to employing the sports scientist, I can only hope that Sam isnt so arrogant to think that he can do it all on his own and that who ever he picks to do the job is bound to be perfect because he chosen him. I am putting my faith in the hope that he appreciates the benefits of having a good team of people around him. A quality of good manager is not just his direct abilities but also his ability to employ good people around him. Sam seems to be able to do that. And lets be honest, its easier to go for someone who you know rather than go through the whole process of finding someone knew. That just life. Given his position I bet we would all do it

I do feel sorry for Bolton fans a little but I am sure, as Phil Gartside is obviously a very successful businessman, he will have made plenty of similar ruthless decisions that have upset and affected people. He wont be daft enough to know the score

Guest alex

Why are you soo pissed off that poor Bolton are being hard done by Vic? Why don't you fuck off and support Bolton if you are soo worried about them :lol:

Because he likes to wind people up and he isn't really arsed about NUFC.

Why are you soo pissed off that poor Bolton are being hard done by Vic? Why don't you fuck off and support Bolton if you are soo worried about them :lol:

He is a really poor wum, most wums wind other people up not wind themself up :lol:

I agree with your second point though.

Guest Invicta_Toon

bollocks tbh

I explained it already further up

the amount of shit dealing and down right being a cuntedness is going to come back and bite this club on the arse very soon, and people will definitely be whinging like a bunch of hard done by cunts

Sam should have the skills to go and find another perfectly capable staffer, but noooo he has to go and piss Bolton off even more. Christ can you name another club that has made such a fuckup of getting along with the neighbours in the past few years than NUFC?

bollocks tbh

the amount of shit dealing and down right being a cuntedness is going to come back and bite this club on the arse very soon, and people will definitely be whinging like a bunch of hard done by cunts

Sam should have the skills to go and find another perfectly capable staffer, but noooo he has to go and piss Bolton off even more. Christ can you name another club that has made such a fuckup of getting along with the neighbours in the past few years than NUFC?

So what if he goes and recruits someone else and it doesn't work out? Will you give him stick for that? Probably.

Why are you soo pissed off that poor Bolton are being hard done by Vic? Why don't you f*** off and support Bolton if you are soo worried about them :lol:

Christ can you name another club that has made such a fuckup of getting along with the neighbours in the past few years than NUFC?

Chelsea

Guest eyeball_tickler

Why are you soo pissed off that poor Bolton are being hard done by Vic? Why don't you f*** off and support Bolton if you are soo worried about them :lol:

Christ can you name another club that has made such a fuckup of getting along with the neighbours in the past few years than NUFC?

Chelsea

west ham have pissed off a fair few teams recently

Guest alex

bollocks tbh

You sound so hard when you swear like that. Sussed you though imo. Not that it's particular difficult to do that Steve.

Guest Gemmill

bollocks tbh

Keep yer 'air on me old china!

Guest Invicta_Toon

Chelsea

It's excusable for Chelsea as everyone would accept being a cunt in return for trophies

Guest Invicta_Toon

Chelsea

hardly of their own making though was it?

Guest eyeball_tickler

Chelsea

hardly of their own making though was it?

yes.