Juve In For Martins.

Crumpy Gunt

Give us more then 15m and i will sell him.

Also i think the chances of Martins going to Juventus are bigger then going to Valencia.

He has played and grown in Italy and knows everything about the Italian league.

I dont want to lose Oba but if his desire is to leave then we cant do anything about it.

Ultimately i want/hope that he stays.

Sell for £15m. Buy Anelka a vastly superior player for £10m. :)

IF Anelka is available for £10m, I doubt it though.

iirc they paid £8m and he has said he'd like to leave. Juve are rumoured to have offerred £10m but he realises he might not get regular footy there which works in our favour. Also he likes Big Sam and they have a good working relationship thus far. :)

Didn't he say he would like to leave for Champions league football or something like that? Juve may have offered £10m but that doesn't really mean anything, if I offer £2m to buy Tevez does that mean they will sell him for that?

After a good season from Anelka I think they will demand more than a £2m profit (take into account wages and they would have made nothing). Especially if we are the ones bidding.

Didn't he say he would like to leave for Champions league football or something like that? Juve may have offered £10m but that doesn't really mean anything, if I offer £2m to buy Tevez does that mean they will sell him for that?

After a good season from Anelka I think they will demand more than a £2m profit (take into account wages and they would have made nothing). Especially if we are the ones bidding.

You maybe right G, but the bottom line is if we can dump Martins for a better player with 3 good seasons left in him, that for me would be the right thing to do. IMO would be ideal for Owen old mopey chops. :lol:

Problem is Owen might be here, unlike many others I still have a lot of faith in Martins. The negative parts of his game are nowhere near what some people make out and he has had a good first season in the premiership. The lad is still young and has goals in him even in a team that is vastly underperforming like we have this season.

Guest NUFCnutter

You maybe right G, but the bottom line is if we can dump Martins for a better player with 3 good seasons left in him, that for me would be the right thing to do. IMO would be ideal for Owen old mopey chops. :lol:

There is part of me wondering if Martins will do a Drogba and have a better second season in the premiership than his first. Then I wonder if we should just cash in and buy someone who is proven at this level. I am undecided at the moment!

Juve just got promoted, they won't be in the CL for another year at the least.  No telling how they'll compete in Serie A this year tbqh.

This will be a consolidation season, they've already said that.

Problem is Owen might be here, unlike many others I still have a lot of faith in Martins. The negative parts of his game are nowhere near what some people make out and he has had a good first season in the premiership. The lad is still young and has goals in him even in a team that is vastly underperforming like we have this season.

I stick up for Martins regularly....Anelka is just a vastly more productive player with a world class allround game.

Juve just got promoted, they won't be in the CL for another year at the least.  No telling how they'll compete in Serie A this year tbqh.

This will be a consolidation season, they've already said that.

Right, the reason I mentioned that is that if Martins has indeed said he wants to leave for a CL side he'd be waiting there as well.  More chance of them getting back in it in the foreseeable future than us mind but I don't think he'd leave.

Guest teepee

i hope he stays - but if he does go, i hope we don't replace him with the inferior anelka

mackems.gif

Utter rubbish.

your oppinon - which you are entitled to, just as i am to mine...

i hope he stays - but if he does go, i hope we don't replace him with the inferior anelka

mackems.gif

Utter rubbish.

Well explain it a bit please. How is Martins better than Anelka?

I think we are writing him off too early. Even though his play at times has been very poor he has still had a good return on the goal front. He has been working for a season with a clueless manager so maybe we will see some progress with a decent manager. I think we should give him another season at least.

Agree with you about Martins

He is super talent  and i hope that he'll remain with us next season.

If not i hope we dont sell him for less then 15m because that would be a disgrace

About people wanting Anelka as a replacement for Martins:

Martins-43=17 goals

Anelka-38=12 goals

I would rather go for Darren Bent instead of Anelka

Bent-34=15 goals

Guest alex

The only thing Martins has over Anelka is pace and workrate imo. And being younger I suppose. For me though it's all about whether Owen is staying (for at least next season and the one after) or not. If he is, I'd be tempted to sell for anything over £12million.

Guest alex

If not i hope we dont sell him for less then 15m because that would be a disgrace

Martins-43=17 goals

Anelka-38=12 goals

Bent-34=15 goals

The negative parts of Martins' game, i.e. his movement and touch, are pretty shocking imo.

I hope we keep Martins, we've got him under contract. He'll get better imo. Depends if he wants to leave and sit on the bench at Juve and just how bad his supposed attitude problem is.

Guest teepee

mackems.gif

Utter rubbish.

Well explain it a bit please. How is Martins better than Anelka?

quicker, younger, potential to become better, great strike at times

anelka is performing at or even above his potential atm, he has a long record of being a whining little girl, he changes clubs almost every year, he does not score all that many goals....

i'm not saying he is a bad player, just that i think martins is a better option for us, and that oba will become a much greater player than anelka.

on top of that, to quote peter schmeichel: "he is the laziest player i have ever trained with, he is the last to arrive at the training ground every day, and always the first to leave"

Martins-43=17 goals

Anelka-38=12 goals

Bent-34=15 goals

Try counting the PL goals only and not goals against Latvian part-timers or whatever.