Juve In For Martins.

Crumpy Gunt

Guest nyscooby

Why is every fucking idoit saying were selling almost every player in the squad?

What a load of bollox and if your dumb enough to believe the press then good luck to you.

Guest optimistic nit

hope he stays. i'd sell owen lyke, but i rate this guy and he'll be 22 for the whole of next season, so he will improve (hopefully anyway). anelka is much older, and we would be losing out replacing martins with anelka.

Guest DavB93

If I had to choose I'd sell Owen and keep martins then use the Owen money to buy Nugent and have some spare to buy other players.

Guest alex

Heskey scored 11 goals for Wigan didn't he?

"Premiership signing/player of the season" Berbatov :rolleyes: got 12 goals.

If you look at the league top scorers only 3 got more then 14 league goals.

If you look at the league's top scorers Martins was joint 12th. And Berbatov has a lot more to his game than just goals. Unlike Martins.

Martins has got 6 assists to his name this season which is pretty good, Berbatov surely hasn't got many more than that

Martins isn't in Berbartov's class, although I do remember people saying earlier in the season that Martins was a way better buy......

If you look at the league's top scorers Martins was joint 12th. And Berbatov has a lot more to his game than just goals. Unlike Martins.

Not as a goalscorer in my Opinion.

Obafemi Martins is the best two footed striker of the ball in the Premiership i think its 9 Left 6 Right 2 Head no other Striker has that in there game in the Premiership.

"Mr signing of the World" Berbertov is a better build up player/all round footballer but not as a Goalscorer in my Opinion.

Guest alex

Comapring Martins to a player who is 5 (?) years older than him? Bit unfair like.

I just responded to the comparison, I didn't make it.

Guest alex

Not as a goalscorer in my Opinion.

Obafemi Martins is the best two footed striker of the ball in the Premiership i think its 9 Left 6 Right 2 Head no other Striker has that in there game in the Premiership.

"Mr signing of the World" Berbertov is a better build up player/all round footballer but not as a Goalscorer in my Opinion.

You made the comparison mate, not me.

Comapring Martins to a player who is 5 (?) years older than him? Bit unfair like.

aye comparing a player who got 11 goals in the league to one that got 12 in the league is a bit unfair.

Here's a question then. Do you think Spurs would have finished 5th with Martins in their side, and do you think we'd have finished 13th with Berbatov in ours?

So Berbatov is a worse goalscorer than Martins but actually managed to score more. Hmm...

aye comparing a player who got 11 goals in the league to one that got 12 in the league is a bit unfair.

Especially if the one who scored more is apparently a worse goal scorer...

Guest alex

They're different types of player anyway. I actually think Martins was just what we needed this season despite my misgivings about him. That's not to say I wouldn't take the money and run though if we had the chance.

Compaing one who has just finished his first full season of regular football to another who has played regular first team football for a while now is...

So Berbatov is a worse goalscorer than Martins but actually managed to score more. Hmm...

Especially if the one who scored more is apparently a worse goal scorer...

It took "signing of the season" Berbatov a whole 5 months to get his first away goals.

And if you look at the teams Berbatov got his mighty 12 goals against there mostly bottom half terms Obafemi Martins got way more goals against the top 10.

Also Martins was higher scorer then Berbatov for 90 per cent of the time in the Premiership just the last 3 games he pipped him by 1 goal.

What i am saying is the comparison is not much in it both top strikers in this league but i think Berbatov is a better footballer better build up player better target man but as a goalscorer Obafemi Martins is better plus at 22 i think Obafemi Martins has way more potential then Berbatov who is in and around his peak age.

They're different types of player anyway. I actually think Martins was just what we needed this season despite my misgivings about him. That's not to say I wouldn't take the money and run though if we had the chance.

I can understand where you are coming from there re this season and what we needed, I don't think Berbartov woudl do badly in any team but that's as much supposition as saying Berbartov is only good coz he plays for Spurs. ;)

On Martins/Berbartov, they are different types of player - Berbartov is world class and Martins at this point is not! ;)

Just my personal opinion, but how anyone can say Martins is a better player/striker whatever - needs their head read.