Sven wants Man City job

Skirge

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=468509&CPID=8&clid=43&lid=2&title=Sven+open+to+City+offer&channel=football_home&

Sven Goran Eriksson has revealed he would be interested in taking charge at Manchester City.

The former England boss appeared to rule himself out of the running for the vacant manager's job at City earlier this week when he said he would not be interested in the role at Eastlands.

However, Eriksson, who has been out of work since leaving England last summer, insists he would be honoured to manage City.

"City is a big, big club with unbelievable support. It would be an honour for me to be manager, like it would be for all other managers," Eriksson told the Manchester Evening News.

"Every time I visited the club as England coach I was struck by the passion of the fans and was made to feel welcome and at home by nice people.

"They have a beautiful stadium and the possibility of a new owner and of course I would talk to them if they indicate they are interested in me becoming coach.

"City is an established Premiership club with great potential and I know they have ambitions to be challenging higher up the table."

Eriksson also tried to clear up the furore regarding his interview with Inside Sport claiming he never tried to belittle City.

"I was asked if I'd had talks with City and I said `no' but a break in the programme and a different question made it appear I had said something different," added Eriksson.

Hes getting desperate, and making himself look a little stupid.

Agreed. We weren't good enough for him a few days ago, the fickle cunt :laugh:

I ain't having this:

"I was asked if I'd had talks with City and I said `no' but a break in the programme and a different question made it appear I had said something different," added Eriksson.

Bollox Svennis. Don't want you anyway. :hmm:

I ain't having this:

You wouldn't be happy with Sven??

Not a dig at City either, but I don't think they are "big" (don't want to start the meaningless "who is the biggest club-debate")  enough to turn down a manager like Sven.

I ain't having this:

You wouldn't be happy with Sven??

Well, he wouldn't be by top choice, not by a long way.

I'm aware of his CV, and I think he's a quality manager. However there is too much baggage. The mass media definetly hates him and would constantly try and stick the knife into him and City. On top of that a fair chunk of City fans will have made their mind up on him from his time with England and won't back him, which I think will have a negative effect. Then there's the side issues such as massive wages, chance of signing shite old Engerland favourites such as Heskey, and the danger he'll try and nob Bernado Corradi's significantly better half.

I'd take him before I'd take any of the available British managers tho.

Guest alex

I think he was a good manager (especially at club level) but managers have a shelf-life and I think he might have lost it, as it were. I can see why Dr. S has these other issues with him too. If Sven had came here I'd be worried about the media going after him.

This is in no way a dig at City, Spectrum, (or at least I'm not intending it to be!) but City would be perfect for Sven, and he'd be ideal for you I reckon. The fact he's at Manchester's second club will mean the media attention won't be as great.

Guest smoggeordie

This is in no way a dig at City, Spectrum, (or at least I'm not intending it to be!) but City would be perfect for Sven, and he'd be ideal for you I reckon. The fact he's at Manchester's second club will mean the media attention won't be great.

FC United overtaken them now? ;)

This is in no way a dig at City, Spectrum, (or at least I'm not intending it to be!) but City would be perfect for Sven, and he'd be ideal for you I reckon. The fact he's at Manchester's second club will mean the media attention won't be as great.

Only club thank you...

Secondly, I don't believe for a second that their will be anything other than a media circus following his every move. I don't want that.

Thirdly, the ideal man for me is Ranieri, I can bore you with why I think that is if you're interested, but I'd be interested to know why you think Sven is ideal...

Because he'd not only be bringing his vast experience, but his own set-up. He'd be an attraction to players (if you get the takeover, I'd imagine a few England squad members might work for him again since most of them only have good to say about him). Just think he's a top coach. Last season, I'd imagine a lot of those 0-0s that City had would have been 1-0s...just like when he had the uncanny knack of doing the same with England.

To be honest my biggest worry about Sven would have been all the media hype that surrounds him and the fact that he and FFS are a match made in Heaven. I wouldn't have been distraught at him being manager her but glad we have got Big Sam instead.

If I were a city fan I would be in two minds over this one,!

Because he'd not only be bringing his vast experience, but his own set-up. He'd be an attraction to players (if you get the takeover, I'd imagine a few England squad members might work for him again since most of them only have good to say about him). Just think he's a top coach. Last season, I'd imagine a lot of those 0-0s that City had would have been 1-0s...just like when he had the uncanny knack of doing the same with England.

I can see where you're coming from. But I don't think there is anything special about Sven in particular that sets him apart from other candidates with similar qualities. The big plus - his ability to attract names - I don't think will matter much. He's never going to get quality England players like Gerrard to come to City, and I couldn't give a rats arse about the fringe players like Jenas and Phil Chuckle.

I think Ranieri is a better candidate than Sven, 3 main reasons set him apart for me.

1 - Good guy. No witch hunt.

2 - Good football. Which we are asbolutely desperate for above all else

3 - Good record in transfer market.