England B game ... well worth watching!

KaKa

Kaka: Stewart Downwing is the best left footer lef winger this country has got after Joe Cole, who is not even left footed.

Not saying you're necassarily wrong, but if that is the case, then i'm concerned. He did well tonight but he's done absolutely nowt for England so far.

Alan Smith has been recovering from a serious injury which is why he hasn't played much, nothing to do with playing for man Utd.

Why would he want to leave anyway? Just won the league and about to have another crack at the European Cup.

OK Einstein if everyone is fit how odes Alan Smith get consistent games? Keep in mind they are currently hunting for a top class striker.

Who the f*** is everyone like?

Louis Saha???

Course he's going to get games, probably quite a few of them cos he's a damn site better than Saha.

As usual they will be trying to win 4 major competitions which means squad rotation etc etc.

Do you think Ferguson will play the same 11 players and make no substitutions in every game Einstein?

Slap yourself three times very hard ... now you are awake.

Tell me how you can justify claiming that Smith is better then Saha? What is the most amount of goals each has scored in a season?

Smith will never start upfront at Man U and I believe he is good enough to start at a lot of teams and should be doing so in order to improve and become a legit top striker.

Saha is fucking gash, he had one good season at fulham.

Alan Smith is a far better player and moving anywhere else would be a step backwards for him.

Kaka: Stewart Downwing is the best left footer lef winger this country has got after Joe Cole, who is not even left footed.

Not saying you're necassarily wrong, but if that is the case, then i'm concerned. He did well tonight but he's done absolutely nowt for England so far.

Let me help you out here ... he is DEFINITELY WRONG!

Alan Smith has been recovering from a serious injury which is why he hasn't played much, nothing to do with playing for man Utd.

Why would he want to leave anyway? Just won the league and about to have another crack at the European Cup.

OK Einstein if everyone is fit how odes Alan Smith get consistent games? Keep in mind they are currently hunting for a top class striker.

Louis Saha???

Course he's going to get games, probably quite a few of them cos he's a damn site better than Saha.

As usual they will be trying to win 4 major competitions which means squad rotation etc etc.

Do you think Ferguson will play the same 11 players and make no substitutions in every game Einstein?

Tell me how you can justify claiming that Smith is better then Saha? What is the most amount of goals each has scored in a season?

Smith will never start upfront at Man U and I believe he is good enough to start at a lot of teams and should be doing so in order to improve and become a legit top striker.

Fucking hell. :rolleyes:

The bloke's spot on, Kaka.

Guest Knightrider

Ratings anyone?

I only watch bit and patches of the game.

These players are supposedly younger, hungrier, not money grabber who don't give a shit for national team. Yet the team is not overwhelming against a not so good Albania.

Bentley is having a good game but does anyone else think (like me) that he crosses too many times? I think he is trying to emulate Beckham and takeover his place eventually. But I would prefer him to driblle more often.

I don't know why Alan Smith is getting games when there are other players clearly better than him (Defoe, Bent etc)

Keeper - 5

Neville - 4

King - 6 (7 when he moved into CM)

Dawson - 6

Shorey - 6

Bentley - 8 MOTM

Jenas - 7

Barry - 6

Lennon - 2 (went off injured after a few minutes)

Owen - 4

Smith - 6

Subs

Steven Taylor  - 10

Kieron Dyer - 10

Jagiwhatshisname - 5

Downing 8 - two goals

Defoe - 4

Saha is better than Smith by a country mile. Shame he's always injured.

Smith is a very average player. Technically he's hardly the most skilled and his scoring record is rubbish. All he offers in my eyes is 100% effort and nuisance value.

Louis Saha???

Saha is f****** gash, he had one good season at fulham.

Alan Smith is a far better player and moving anywhere else would be a step backwards for him.

Congratulations you have officially lost the plot. The only thing wrong with Saha is that he is injury prone. Otherwise he is a top striker.

Are you kidding me here? Am I being setup for an almighty whoosh or is this guy for real?

Now, people have slated me, pretty consistently for making opinions and passing them off as fact. You take it to a new level, mate.

He's DEFINITELY wrong is he?

Keeper - 5

Neville - 4

King - 6 (7 when he moved into CM)

Dawson - 6

Shorey - 6

Bentley - 8 MOTM

Jenas - 7

Barry - 6

Lennon - 2 (went off injured after a few minutes)

Owen - 4

Smith - 6

Subs

Steven Taylor  - 10

Kieron Dyer - 10 :DJagiwhatshisname - 5

Downing 8 - two goals

Defoe - 4

;D

Admittedly Dyer did more in his little cameo for England B than he has done for the vast majority of his last 8 years at NUFC but i don't recall Taylor touching the ball more than once (was busy mind so missed a little bit here and there).

Louis Saha???

f****** hell. :rolleyes:

Spot on?

Are you saying Smith is better then Saha?

All I have siad is that I feel Smith needs to play every week in order to prove he is a top striker, which I think he can become. He will never be a first team player at Man U because he has never proven himself worthy.

Everyone is raving about Bentley, but he has done exactly what Smith needs to do. Bentley left Arsenal who were winning everything at the time in order to prove himself at Blackburen and voila!

Bentley is now on the verge of breaking out because he plays every week which he never would have done at Arsenal.

IT'S NOT ROCKET SCIENCE GUYS!!!

Louis Saha???

Saha is f****** gash, he had one good season at fulham.

Congratulations you have officially lost the plot. The only thing wrong with Saha is that he is injury prone. Otherwise he is a top striker.

Are you kidding me here? Am I being setup for an almighty whoosh or is this guy for real?

The only thing wrong with Saha is that he is shit, he was shit when he played for us and he is still shit now.

Louis Saha???

Spot on?

All I have siad is that I feel Smith needs to play every week in order to prove he is a top striker, which I think he can become. He will never be a first team player at Man U because he has never proven himself worthy.

Everyone is raving about Bentley, but he has done exactly what Smith needs to do. Bentley left Arsenal who were winning everything at the time in order to prove himself at Blackburen and voila!

Bentley is now on the verge of breaking out because he plays every week which he never would have done at Arsenal.

Not going to sit here and by ranted at like i'm in school by someone who reckons he knows absolutely everything. Learn some respect, mate.

Guest kingdawson

"Jermaine Jenas is just so average. Look this isn't about bashing an ex-toon player either. Here is what he has going for him ... he has very good technique and excellent pace and athleticism, however he has shockingly bad stamina and strength and therefore this inevitably negates his good attributes. If only someone would get this boy in the gym and work on his core strength to improve his balance and strength on the ball he would be twice the player he is now and with more stamina he could push forward more often where he would be more useful and dangerous."

mackems.gif mackems.gif. So you list one of he's main strengths as he's weakness? well done :uglystupid2:. Had a good game tonight tbh.

Now, people have slated me, pretty consistently for making opinions and passing them off as fact. You take it to a new level, mate.

He's DEFINITELY wrong is he?

Barry would do ten times the job Downing does on the left. I would also Portsmouth's Matt Taylor out on the left ahead of Downing (Taylor should have been in the squad actually!).

Downing is nowhere near ready yet.

"Jermaine Jenas is just so average. Look this isn't about bashing an ex-toon player either. Here is what he has going for him ... he has very good technique and excellent pace and athleticism, however he has shockingly bad stamina and strength and therefore this inevitably negates his good attributes. If only someone would get this boy in the gym and work on his core strength to improve his balance and strength on the ball he would be twice the player he is now and with more stamina he could push forward more often where he would be more useful and dangerous."

mackems.gif mackems.gif. So you list one of he's main strengths as he's weakness? well done :uglystupid2:. Had a good game tonight tbh.

He was neat and tidy as usual, personally don't understand the animosity towards the lad as i thought he did well for us under SBR but obviously did not get on with Souness which saw his form dip and ultimately see him ask to leave.

Louis Saha???

Spot on?

Not going to sit here and by ranted at like i'm in school by someone who reckons he knows absolutely everything. Learn some respect, mate.

Don't take it personally dude.

Just being a bit silly, however I do feel my points are valid.

Everyone does have their opinion though and they are entitled to it. Some of yours are a bit startling though ... as I am sure some ofmine might be.

Saha is clearly a better striker than Smith. Is this even disputable?

Yes, Saha was a one season wonder at Fulham and is quite clearly gash.

At least he had one season.

Everyone does have their opinion though and they are entitled to it. Some of yours are a bit startling though ... as I am sure some ofmine might be.

Always up for some healthy discussion. But this is just eccentric and childish and i can't be bothered!

Can imagine someone will point out "Da Irony" of my post there.

Bentley is class, would love him at the toon.

Don't you dare!

I remember suggesting this (might not have been on this forum though) when he was leaving Arsenal and had just done so well at Norwich and I got killed.

And I quote "he is no better then Darren Ambrose"!!!! Yes someone did say that at the time!!!

Always up for some healthy discussion. But this is just eccentric and childish and i can't be bothered!

Can imagine someone will point out "Da Irony" of my post there.

Fair enough.